project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
21 Oct 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2021-04-16, 15:54   #1
Unicode
PR Server License Moderator
Default Scoped weapon double zoom rework

Suggestion:

We've got scoped weapons with double zoom and you can't switch between the zoom modes, you have to redeploy and deploy again.

Try using the new backup sight system for this. Quick blackout for the transition and you will be able to zoom back and forth, which will be more logical + less annoying, and generally make scoped deployed weapons a bit more effective.
Unicode is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-25, 15:21   #2
WingWalker
Default Re: Scoped weapon double zoom rework

2 zoom modes using the backup sight system would be more realistic and natural since it has a back and forth function.

It is kind of choppy to have a Sniper rifle and have to re-deploy to zoom out your scope. Not impossible or anything, just not realistic.

Though, there should be a slight delay to go back and forth between magnifications. It should not be an instant thing to click back and forth with.

There should even be a slight deviation penalty for switching. IRL you would have to take a second to change your grip to use your other hand and also realign your eye.

W.W.
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-07, 11:09   #3
Coalz101

Why don't all snipers have double zoom is the bigger question.
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-26, 11:00   #4
WingWalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coalz101 View Post
Why don't all snipers have double zoom is the bigger question.
Why would they?

Not all scopes have variable magnification.

W.W.
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-26, 13:03   #5
Coalz101

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWalker View Post
Why would they?

Not all scopes have variable magnification.
I mean, I know that, but in PR it seems that most scopes aren't really magnifying as it should. aren't most of the sniper scopes used in PR are between 8x-16x? They feel like 6x in most cases, which isn't that much better being compared to the average rifle scope.

Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-30, 02:32   #6
RUSSIAN147

I suggested this awhile ago and go told it required new animations or something, clearly you guys were thinking along the same lines. I know its possible too

"I'd like to see you run faster than my 124gr JHP"
RUSSIAN147 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-30, 16:04   #7
Murphy

Animators are difficult to find, let alone those who would be good enough to maintain the PR standard. We have to ask ourselves if the required workload will yield worthwhile changes (large enough impact on the player experience). Taking the time you animate this change takes away an animator from other tasks that may/may not have a better reception. Either way I'm sure the dev team has weighed in on the worth of properly implementing variable zoom a while ago, so it might be on a long TODO list somewhere.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-08, 16:14   #8
Unicode
PR Server License Moderator

But this doesn't require any new animations. Just make the second zoom a BUIS and remove the right click functionality, I can't imagine it being hard to implement.
Unicode is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-19, 19:07   #9
Michael Z Freeman

I've had problems with these scopes as well.

Michael Z Freeman is offline Reply With Quote