project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives
31 Jul 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2006-07-16, 06:47   #11
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APoutwest
A little bird with human detection equipment is very real so why not put it project reality. You could make it a very small UAV. It would take teamwork the little bird would have to hover over an area where enemys were likely to be exposing itself to fire and just hoping the friendlies on the ground can take out those AT guys in time.

Yeah I guess I agree about the squad stuff

Can I get some comparisson how big are some of the current large maps?
all the stock maps are 2km by 2km like jabla. muttrah is 1km by 1km. oasis is 0.5km by 0.5km.

the reason why jabal seems bigger than the stock maps is cos it uses every squar inch in its combat zone, where the stock maps only use part of that.

Old 2006-07-16, 07:36   #12
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:

-Voip mandatory (possible?) because it is impossible to organize an attack without it.

-it would be nice for squad leaders to be able to talk to eachother.

-HUUUGE MAPS With confined areas of fighting (

-Vehicles that require teamwork (gunner and driver in a tank or APC)
I think these are all excellent ideas, i hope some of these make it into the .4!
Old 2006-07-16, 07:59   #13
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

-Voip mandatory (possible?) because it is impossible to organize an attack without it.

-it would be nice for squad leaders to be able to talk to eachother.

-HUUUGE MAPS With confined areas of fighting (

-Vehicles that require teamwork (gunner and driver in a tank or APC)

I really like the idea of squad to squad comm.. tying messages takes way to long for the fumble fingered like me.
OFP had tanks that needed a driver and gunner. That I think is essential to making the armor more realistic and to help keep 1 tank from dominating a flag as easily. If a slot could be added for a tank commander that would be the best, you have 3 sets of eye's to watch the area.
Mandatory viop i'm not sure how you would enforce that. I never understood why so few people have mics... it cost a pretty penny to have a machine that runs PR ....why not get a mic to complete the set?
Old 2006-07-16, 08:01   #14
Dylan

Send a message via MSN to Dylan

Not everyone wants to talk to strangers.
I know I dont. Thus, I keep my mic hidden away. Not that it works anyways.
Old 2006-07-16, 08:52   #15
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Dylan, I see it as less of a talking to strangers, and more of a communication tool to survive in a combat zone

but to each their own..
Old 2006-07-16, 10:14   #16
Template

Good teamwork is the main reason why I'm playing PR. There would be need for extended commo rose with some more tactical commands like "I'll cover you." or "Taking fire!". This has been discussed many times before though.

What comes to VOIP, it's not like you are telling your real name and address while using it. I have to admit that I won't often use it as much if none else is using it as well.

Finnish PR Community - IRC: #projectreality.fi @ QuakeNet
Old 2006-07-16, 11:01   #17
happydan

Send a message via MSN to happydan

i know this is obviously impossible, but lean function would be great for urbanised maps. how many times have you bee part of a squad miving in pseudo-MOUT style that got a corner, and every person who peaks round gets gunned down by some MGer halfway down the street?
Old 2006-07-16, 11:20   #18
Lucid Nightmare

Mandatory voip?
Sounds good in practice but I, and some other people I know have problems with the voip. Usually the problem is that BF2 doesn't want to recognise the mic, even though it works.

I put the "laughter" into "manslaughter".
Old 2006-07-16, 11:57   #19
sempai(be)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmedDrunk&Angry
I never understood why so few people have mics... it cost a pretty penny to have a machine that runs PR ....why not get a mic to complete the set?

I have a mic , but also a wife.
In the livingroom these 2 don't get along .
Old 2006-07-16, 12:39   #20
X-Stuff

I dont think VOIP should be mandatory for squad-members but for squad-leaders. Squad-leaders must use VOIP. If they dont they should be assinged members instead of leader. I dont think this is technical possible, but if it is, I think that will work a lot better.

When I'm playing I always in search for a good squad-(leader). A good squad-leader will make teamwork better. Ofcourse you can create your own squad. But I'm not a "good" squad-leader. A good squad-leader needs to know the map very well and should hang back a bit. The last thing isnt a problem for me, but my map knowledge isnt perfect yet.

Options should be like the commander:
- Higher rank will be squad-leader
- Mutinty against squad-leader
- VOIP needs to be used voor squad-leader

Something like that.

Tags
improve, teamwork