project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
29 Jul 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2016-11-20, 00:43   #2601
Ratface
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: Squad: A commercial game made by developers of and inspired by PR:BF2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
Every feedback you leave gives the same answer:
"It's in Alpha!"

When is that going to change?
Good point :P Kind of depends how you ask it. I see most of those responses when people ask in a hostile manner, but yeah I agree it kind of happens a bit. Same goes for here though, if you have any specific questions, ask them in a nice, non-hostile way that doesn't attack the game or individuals. (not talking about anyone in particular) Not trying to push any rules or anything, just trying to make the internet a little more civilized.

Alpha stage usually goes until most of the core systems are coded for. I would imagine that within the next few months we may see it go into "beta", but who knows for sure.

Not a spokesman for em, I just get tired of arguments going on when they're pointless

Ratface is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 02:58   #2602
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Default Re: Squad: A commercial game made by developers of and inspired by PR:BF2

Interesting though. What IS the core systems of SQUAD?

Because I have no clue.

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 04:42   #2603
Ratface
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Interesting though. What IS the core systems of SQUAD?

Because I have no clue.
A few I'd probably think of would be:

Vehicles, their controls, appearance and balance. I know that until the latest update to UE4, 4.14 you could not support more than 4 powered wheels at a time. I want to say I heard that this won't be in for v9 but it may later. This would allow more things like tracked vehicles, proper BTR physics, etc. Also things like ability to have a secondary weapon (ex: BTR only has cannon right now rather than having both cannon and MG). Stuff like that.

There's the animation system, which has been having small updates here and there. However, the thing a lot of people are looking forward to is the update that allows more extend-ability to the system. This will lead to things like vaulting, weapon resting etc.

I believe it's been talked about that there will be optimizations to server performance in the future, no details on that myself though that I've read up on.

Last big one I think is the VoIP system. I believe that'll have a optimization and recoding pass at some point, just no clue when. From what I remember this was thrown together and should kind of be considered "legacy code" from when it was first implemented. That should help with some performance I believe but that's about all I know on that one.

Just to be clear: This is just my knowledge from being kept informed from Reddit, the Squad Forums and the Squad and Squad modding hub forums. So take it with a grain of salt, but to my understanding those are a few things to be worked on for the future of the game. Just takes a lot of time and effort, I respect them for all they've done to this point given their small yet talented team.

Ratface is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 11:10   #2604
KaB
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirfstar View Post
-snip-
If kits pickup was that easy to make, it'd have been added to the alpha right when it was released to the public.

KaB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 12:39   #2605
sirfstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]KaB View Post
If kits pickup was that easy to make, it'd have been added to the alpha right when it was released to the public.
But they said somewhere on the forums, it is not because it's hard to make, it is their gameplay decision.

And turn off self-building without logistics fobs or increase reloading-timer for rally, is not that hard.
sirfstar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 13:53   #2606
Gosu-Rizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirfstar View Post
But they said somewhere on the forums, it is not because it's hard to make, it is their gameplay decision.

And turn off self-building without logistics fobs or increase reloading-timer for rally, is not that hard.
I agree with the Squad devs on picking up kits, its an extremely gamey thing that i dont think fits Squad. And we dont need it, all the gameplay issues it might bring can be fixed in other ways. Like being able to pick the LAT up off a dead guy instead of his whole LAT kit, or allow other players to revive the medics when theyre down if that should turn out to be a big issue. (I really dont think it is, you just need 2 medics in your squad and make sure they dont go in first)

The self-building FOB's (meaning without supplies) will be gone soon, the devs have been making them more useless every patch so that people will slowly learn to use supply trucks. Right now it takes 7 mins for a FOB to be spawnable if you dont have supplies, 0 mins if you do. They wanted to do the full supply system earlier but it didnt make it in time, my guess is we will see it for v9 in about a month.

I really agree about the rally, its the 1 big thing that annoys me. It needs to be nerfed to slow down gameplay.
Last edited by Gosu-Rizzle; 2016-11-20 at 14:01..
Old 2016-11-20, 14:54   #2607
Limeni[BiH]

Quote:
Every feedback you leave gives the same answer:
"It's in Alpha!"

When is that going to change?
I believe that is the number issue with all the alpha/early access games out there, (take DayZ for example), almost every time someone writes a valid criticism or negative feedback it gets bombarded by "it's only alpha brah" comments.

What is the point of having alpha stage if you can't give feedback or criticize the game. It seems that alpha nowadays stands for lets sell this semi product that we're never going to finis.
One of the reasons why I don't buy early access games anymore
Limeni[BiH] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 15:03   #2608
sunshine2241991

Good weekend . thanks for Free .
But i glad i try it for free and didnt buy it .

The game is so poorly made and the design of how he present the teamwork is justwrong , its just made me sad because i was really hiped for it to buy for 50% off.
-animation are super old . especially the crouch and prone animation .
-Anti aliasing is just not working .
-maps are monotonic and boring .
-vehicles claim are just super annoying and unrealistic .
-game not optimized ( but ok i get it alpha )
-the spawn menu are just awkward .
-the kit system is forced .

Honestly this game would be ok for like 2003-2004 .
Its feel like Americans army with Voip

-----------Ghost-------------

My sh1t Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJy..._a12QV_qaarCcQ
My Sh1tty Mixtapes : https://soundcloud.com/ghostidd
sunshine2241991 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 16:31   #2609
Limeni[BiH]

waht do you mean by animations are super old?
Limeni[BiH] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 16:47   #2610
KaB
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine2241991 View Post
Good weekend . thanks for Free .
But i glad i try it for free and didnt buy it .

The game is so poorly made and the design of how he present the teamwork is justwrong , its just made me sad because i was really hiped for it to buy for 50% off.
-animation are super old . especially the crouch and prone animation .
-Anti aliasing is just not working .
-maps are monotonic and boring .
-vehicles claim are just super annoying and unrealistic .
-game not optimized ( but ok i get it alpha )
-the spawn menu are just awkward .
-the kit system is forced .

Honestly this game would be ok for like 2003-2004 .
Its feel like Americans army with Voip
Animations are 100% WIP it's been said many times before. And we dont have any mocap studio as big dev studios like Dice or Ubi, so we're doing what we can with what we have.

A perfect level design is a) one of the toughest and longest thing to do b) not a priority for now, even tho mappers are doing what they can while building new environments. Keep in mind most of the best PR maps were polished over the years and a lot of them simply ended up being removed. I'll recommend you to be patient for that part or just start making your own Squad maps.

Spawn menu awkward? What? It's a bit slow on reactivity sometimes but I dont get why it's "awkward".

For the rest it sounds like you got a potato computer and are disappointed it's impossible to steal vehicles or kits from other squads playing seriously. But I hope Im wrong.

Last edited by KaB; 2016-11-20 at 18:29..

Tags
... hides behind, ..the alpha status, .for everything wrong, 5 fps, blur my screen, blurry, commercial, developers, game, inspired, katarn loves crysis, machinima, player forgot glass, poxo is ghey, pr > squad, prbf2, shit game, shitty blurry game, specs, squad