project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
29 Jul 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2016-11-19, 10:28   #2591
KaB
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: Squad: A commercial game made by developers of and inspired by PR:BF2

Quote:
Originally Posted by obpmgmua View Post
@DonDOOM
@=TFU= M-Coke
This isn't my first early access game. I heard it all before. I see the writing on the wall, Squad is not going to be good.
A lot of EA games never got finished because of their lack of goal. We know where Squad should get (and you do know too), and we wont stop working until we made it reach that goal.

I can assure you the whole infantry gameplay mechanic is going to be replaced and will feel a lot better.
Current system has been as it is for months (years?) simply because it's also limited on the dev side, which means we can barely improve it, while the new one will allow us to add any kind of weapon or tool quite easily (edit: its already being worked on btw). And add to this the many incoming new vehicles and deployables, and the end product should be close to your expectations.

You know what? Im also disappointed by how unfinished the game currently looks, and thats what keeps me working on it. Thing is repeating you are too over and over isnt going to make the game moving forward. If you got nothing to suggest to make the game getting better, then keep it for yourself. Think your posts were probably read by someone who's now thinking Squad isnt worth being tested, while he could have had many interesting suggestions that would have helped us.

KaB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-19, 16:38   #2592
Anderson29
Supporting Member

Default Re: Squad: A commercial game made by developers of and inspired by PR:BF2

Some of yall get way into this whole arguing online thing. I will give my opinion of the game. This not a review and im not going to suggest how to fix the issues i have.

First, I use a key other than w as my forward key. I use e and when i change the key, w always gets moved to the second keybinding set and i am unable to delete the key. This is probably one of the main reason i rarely play.

Next, is that i really hate the vehicle claiming system. I understand its intent and maybe its in place to give admins a break but i really prefer the project reality way.

And now the worst thing is spawning system. I really hate the rally system and the fob system currently in place. I understand that it is not FINAL but that doesn't mean i cant have an opinion. I think fobs should be set down like a commander rally in pr. Invole atleast 2 SL's and 1 squad member from each squad. But whatever i figure everything will change over time...along with MY OPINION.

in-game name : Anderson2981
steam : Anderson2981
Anderson29 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-19, 16:45   #2593
DonDOOM
PR:BF2 Deputy Test Lead
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson29 View Post
i dont see why people get but hurt over peoples opinion.

if he dont like the game and list reasons why....so what.

if you like the game and list reasons why....cool beans bro. thats your opinion.

this whole alpha bullshit is...just that...bullshit. the bottom line is...this release is public and therefore open to criticism and personal opinions.

dont bash people for expressing either...good or bad. its just poor form...in my opinion.
There is nothing wrong with people stating their opinions, positive or negative. That's what threads like these, and usually forums in general, are for. If you say you don't like something just because, fine. If you don't like something for valid, thought-out reasons, fine. What I have an issue with is people stating their opinion as final fact, while basing their opinion on arguments that are easily unraveled when looked at closer. (F.ex. googling"squad features")

For example:
Quote:
The game is bad overall. I really wanted to like it but I just couldn't. It was mediocre at best. Squad has no soul. Feels bland and sterile. Gameplay is bad, UI is ugly as sin, and movement is clunky. But the worst are the maps. Especially kokan, what a fucking let down.
All things that are being completely overhauled and/or worked on.

Then continues to post things like this:
Quote:
This isn't my first early access game. I heard it all before. I see the writing on the wall, Squad is not going to be good.
Again, threads like these are for sharing opinions, and possibly discussing those opinions. If you're going to give reasons for an opinion then let those reasons be factually valid and show you actually know what you're talking about, or you'll have the risk of people correcting you.

Edit:

Quote:
But whatever i figure everything will change over time...along with MY OPINION.
I hope you'll read my post and see my point.

Last edited by DonDOOM; 2016-11-19 at 16:57..
Old 2016-11-19, 20:31   #2594
Gosu-Rizzle

Quote:
Some of yall get way into this whole arguing online thing. I will give my opinion of the game. This not a review and im not going to suggest how to fix the issues i have.

First, I use a key other than w as my forward key. I use e and when i change the key, w always gets moved to the second keybinding set and i am unable to delete the key. This is probably one of the main reason i rarely play.

Next, is that i really hate the vehicle claiming system. I understand its intent and maybe its in place to give admins a break but i really prefer the project reality way.

And now the worst thing is spawning system. I really hate the rally system and the fob system currently in place. I understand that it is not FINAL but that doesn't mean i cant have an opinion. I think fobs should be set down like a commander rally in pr. Invole atleast 2 SL's and 1 squad member from each squad. But whatever i figure everything will change over time...along with MY OPINION.
What Obpmgmua did was hate on something just for the sake of hating on it. If you do that i dont think its unfair to get hate right back.

You on the other hand bring well thought out arguments and point out issues, which makes it a totally different thing. I dont agree with all you say (the claiming system is fine, the only problem is that we are limited to how many vehicles we can have per squad, so no APC squad for example) but nothing you wrote was hatefull or unfair.
Gosu-Rizzle is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-19, 21:21   #2595
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Lets stop arguing about one another and get back to Squad. 2 pages of this now...

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-19, 21:29   #2596
sirfstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]KaB View Post
A lot of EA games never got finished because of their lack of goal. We know where Squad should get (and you do know too), and we wont stop working until we made it reach that goal.
I don't know anymore, after seeing so many crippled parodies of PR mechanics breaking the game i feel kind of cheated by the whole thing.

There's an example: no kits pick-up. maybe that makes medics more valuable, but at the same time combined with closer to twitch-shooters gunplay, spotting difficulties and overall too fast pace (which is broken by retarded fob\rally system) just promotes lonewolfing. Been there, done that, just kill the medic (accidentally) and a few other guys, maybe the last couple will finish you but you got 7:1 already and they have to respawn, why not?
as it settled through 1.5 years of alpha it is not something that could just improve, like you can't improve btr-80 to turn it into a mig-29, its just another direction.

if only there was some disclaimer like "we don't want to remake better PR, we have our own vision and we don't care what you think PR-successor is" then i would not back it right away on the kickstarter.
Last edited by sirfstar; 2016-11-19 at 22:40..
Old 2016-11-19, 22:40   #2597
Heavy Death

I also dislike vanilla PR gameplay, therefore I create my own events. I'm sure that once the game is finished to a point of wholesome basic content package which is reliable, communities could easily create events or even 24/7 locked servers with own version of tweaked gameplay.

Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-19, 23:03   #2598
MaSSive

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmikaze View Post
Nice try troll. An opinion should consist of useful, constructive arguments, of course, only if you want to be taken serious. It's sad that your standards are so low that you are unable to take part in a healthy discussion.

Funny how quickly you've entered the whine train after people realized you are of no use in this discussion.

obpmgmua really showed us how to deliver a well thought out, potent opinion, too.

3/10 for attempt.
Thats very nice, call people that disagreee trolls and get over with it. Attack someone personally and that will make your point valid.

I can be subjective all I want if I say that I dont like something, because it is subjective. My intent was not to bash anything nor anyone, yet yours obviously is.

Spoiler for note:

If you want to be personal with me ok, lets meet and get its done already. Mano e mano.

https://www.techopedia.com/definition/28754/fanboi

/thread

CATA4TW!
"People never lie so much as before an election, during a war, or after a hunt."
"God has a special providence for fools, drunks, and the United States of America."
― Otto von Bismarck
Last edited by MaSSive; 2016-11-19 at 23:09..
Old 2016-11-20, 00:18   #2599
Ratface
Retired PR Developer

Come on guys, leave your piece and leave it be. If you have actual criticism or concerns try taking it over to the actual Squad forums where your feedback can be heard.

For those who don't like it, leaving your feedback is good and everything but leave it at that and stop with these attacks. There's no need to act childish, if you don't like the game, don't buy it. If you do, great! It's that easy.

If it's not the take on PR you like then the simple answer is to continue playing PR, learn how to make your own game, or go fund something that looks like what you'd expect would give you the same feel as a good round of PR.

Personally, I have yet to find any game other than Squad that can give that same good feeling whether you've just won or lost a round. That's something unique I find about both games and it's what keeps me coming back. I look forward to further iterations of the game, they've got some really good stuff cooking up outside of public eyes from what I've heard. Given another year or so I believe a lot of minds will be changed, but we'll have to wait until then.

For now, just keep in mind all is WIP. That's the thing to keep in mind. I'm not pulling the "It's in Alpha!!1" phrase, but I am saying this is what to expect when you are working with a game currently in development. But, it's the price we pay when we want to help support a small business such as OWI (rapidly growing relatively small!). Change comes, we've seen that with Alpha 8 where to me, the game has completely changed for me with the optimizations given.

I look forward to developing along side them, and an eager to see what other fun things they can provide both for the vanilla game, but also on the modding side of things.

One last tidbit, don't forget that the game allows massive amounts of modding. If someone is unhappy with how the vanilla game is panning out for them, feel free to make an effort and start putting together a team to "PR-tify" Squad. I have to say that modding in UE4 is much easier than anything I've played with before. I highly recommend it.

Ratface is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 00:29   #2600
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Quote:
try taking it over to the actual Squad forums where your feedback can be heard.
Every feedback you leave gives the same answer:
"It's in Alpha!"

When is that going to change?

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
... hides behind, ..the alpha status, .for everything wrong, 5 fps, blur my screen, blurry, commercial, developers, game, inspired, katarn loves crysis, machinima, player forgot glass, poxo is ghey, pr > squad, prbf2, shit game, shitty blurry game, specs, squad