project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
29 Jul 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2012-11-23, 12:33   #651
Trooper909

Default Re: Planetside 2 (PC Game)

This game has serious balance issues.NC are getting owned on every server continent on every server.I started to wonder if was the players but its not.

I switched to TR and its like night and day.My weapons can actually hit more than the first shot at any distance,I have a huge ammo capacity so less reloading....I'm a killing machine on TR where on NC I could barley kill anything as engineer.I swear NC weapons don't even really hit any harder to.I guess go NC if you want to be a sniper only.Even look at the leader boards there are hardly any NC on it.

I got 300 certs and a scope for my engi kit on NC but I'm not going back to it that's how better TR weapons are.

Also I went to cobalt server and never crashed.
Last edited by Trooper909; 2012-11-23 at 13:16..
Old 2012-11-23, 15:31   #652
Saobh
Retired Moderator

Well 1st thing the NC map position on Indar I find as the weakest of the 3 as its western frontline main base positions are just at the foot on steep mountains having multiple disadvantages :
- Crown and Regent are good positions to defend from any direction as they have good field of views. Tho Regent has a better position against any armor coming from the east corridor. And as they are a pretty tight configuration its easier for a smaller number of defenders to hold it.
- Even if you take Crown you still have to contend with Ti Alloys as its 2 guns can each take out the 2 AAs as well as the south and west anti armor guns on Crown.
- Tawrich ... way to go to put a main base at the foot of a freaking mountain ... Its main guns might as well be myoptic making it a sitting duck rather then a fortress controling the surrounding area. (Big Difference with Mao which has a buffer zone to its south giving it clear shots for AA and Anti armor guns)
- Rashnu and Mesa lookout, on the border of the mountains with 0 visibility of anything coming from the northen roads until its too late.
- Zurvan is a pretty strong defense position but you need a dedicated group of defenders as once the outer spawns are taken it can go down pretty quickly, but all in all I love the place as its a lot more of a hot bed then its 2 other siblings (because come on, defending it from Vanu from the west while also having the TR coming from the NE makes from some intense battles ^^ )

These are all problems that Vanu had during the Beta btw

The only acceptable 'Lone Wolf' you'll be allowed to play : http://www.projectaon.org/en/Main/Home

Saobh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 15:54   #653
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Uninstalled the beta with the uninstall guide. Now downloading this 6gb beast

Hope I get better performances than in late BETA

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 16:45   #654
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Anyone else have any problems setting up an x52 or any other joystick for this game? Try and set it up but for some reason it doesn't recognise any input from my stick

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 22:35   #655
MaxBooZe
PR Server License Moderator

Joysticks don't work and might even block you from playing (it did for me). It's being adressed though. As far as performance; Client performance is really good for me, averaging about 60 FPS where I locked it. Server performance is pretty bad, apparently "Woodman" is in the Netherlands and there's just lag and warping everywhere, I guess it's got to do with the playercount or horrible server optimization.

MaxBooZe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 00:01   #656
Pvt.LHeureux
-

I haven't had much time to play, and it's quite awfull to play for me cause my PC is from 2007 but man, Amerish looks waaay better than Indar.

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 02:48   #657
mayr

Seems like a lot of the PR guys are playing on the underdog team. That's how we like it right? I have to agree that NC is crappier than other factions though. We joined NC, aknowledging that, hoping that our tactics would level the playing field. Unfortunately, tactics have nothing against numbers and gear in this game. In the long run anyway.

I was hoping the game was more like PR. Tactics and teamwork oriented. Guess that was an unrealistic expectation though, with so many players in the battle. It really doesn't matter whether you shoot down an enemy aircraft or kill an enemy or two. There will be three of them taking their place in 5 seconds. Suppose that's what large scale battle means?

I think the game would be a lot better with some sort of commander module, with allocated resources and much less assets available like tanks and aircrafts.

Maybe that would force somekind of teamwork. One could argue that this is not what the game is about...

Point and shoot. Die.
Rinse and repeat.

Regardless, this game will keep me occupied at least for a week or two. Pretty decent for a free game.
mayr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 04:08   #658
Gosu-Rizzle

Whats up with the VOIP in this game? Does it work? I dont think i have heard a single person using it yet..
Gosu-Rizzle is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 04:17   #659
Stealthgato

It was weird in the beta. At the start of it 80% of the people I came across were talking, then less and less and finally a couple of weeks (more actually) before the beta ended I never heard anyone talking in VOIP again.

Stealthgato is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 04:21   #660
CaptainX

Had a great squad just now, everybody talking in voip and doing coordinating stuff, pretty decent game, much better than bf3 imo
CaptainX is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
blame wicca, game, if the game crashes, mag, mmofps, online, outfit, planetside, sony