project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
30 Jul 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2010-07-18, 08:31   #1
biff
Default Worst Config Ever - I need to moddify it!

My basic config is:

M1 - Forward
A - Jump
S - Backwards
D - Strafe Left
F - Strafe Right
M2 - Fire

The issue is that BF2 does not allow the throttle keys forward and reverse to be used by separate devices. They both either need to be bound on the keyboard or mouse. But not both.

When I was sporting Windows XP my old mouse drivers allowed me to rebind the mouse specific to the game/app. The new drivers REQUIRE mouse 1 or mouse 2 to be the "click". Before I could rebind M1 and M2 to a keyboard key, assigning the scroll wheel click M3 to "click".

I have looked into the *.con files for PR to try and manually resign my keys. But I have no idea where to start. I even deleted ALL controls.con files in the root Battlefield 2 folder, restarted the game and was amazed that none of the files where rebuilt. Generally when you delete a *.con file in BF2 it will rebuild itself the next time you start the game.

It looks like PR has a bunch of custom .con files. Finding which ones belong to me is a bloody mess.

If anyone could help me identify these con files, or at least their general folder that would be great. If someone could whip me up a custom config, that would be even greater
biff is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 10:04   #2
[R-DEV]AncientMan
Retired - Project Manager
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Worst Config Ever - I need to moddify it!

The con files you'd be looking at modifying is in documents/battlefield 2/profiles/xxxx/controls.con

AncientMan is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bind, config, keyboard, moddify, mouse, setting, worst