project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
30 Jul 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2021-06-10, 05:32   #11
Grump/Gump.45

Default Re: New Gamemode Idea - <Insert Name>

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonTavor View Post
I doubt this would work with public games.
It wouldn't because the people who don't like it wont cooperate, they rush on purpose already with maps and game modes they hate. Just like when somebody on Omaha you dont want driving the boat gets drivers seat, doesn't go to where everyone else is meeting up. They would rather force a loss from themselves, including rushing other vehicles with them just to end it faster or play like its Call Of Duty every time on repeat rather than try something new. Whether it be skills, new ways game makes you adapt or game modes to play.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-12, 09:04   #12
axytho
Supporting Member

Well, there are already maps with layouts that offer something that comes closer to this concept than regular AAS does (I like the concept very much though, just pointing this out):

- Falklands skirmish INF (argentines have 100 tickets, british have 40, destroy the objective)
- Black gold Infantry C&C or AAS (450 tickets each, BMP vs Type 86 IFV), only city and surroundings are combat area
- Basically all C&C is this, when played correctly.

The problem ultimately lies with how C&C is approached. It's considered a "meme" gamemode, and when it is voted, people often vote for 4k C&C's which stretch on forever.

If C&C tickets were halved, I think admins would be more confident about setting C&C's without deseeding the server.
Last edited by axytho; 2021-06-13 at 08:54..
Old 2021-06-12, 20:31   #13
Unicode
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by axytho View Post
The problem ultimately lies with how C&C is approached. It's considered a "meme" gamemode, and when it voted, people often vote for 4k C&C's which stretch on forever.

If C&C tickets were halved, I think admins would be able to be more confident about setting C&C's without deseeding the server.
That's true, CNC has too many tickets and drags on forever on 4k maps.

The layers you pointed out are something I genuinely like, so I guess that kind of gameplay is what I strive for. The matches could be more dynamic, demanding, stressful, and most importantly shorter. While your life as an individual feels directly impactful on the outcome of the match, and the time penalty for dying would be greater. In most AAS layers, people just give up and respawn, noone cares about tickets until they hear the siren.
Unicode is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-20, 21:34   #14
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicode View Post
That's true, CNC has too many tickets and drags on forever on 4k maps.

The layers you pointed out are something I genuinely like, so I guess that kind of gameplay is what I strive for. The matches could be more dynamic, demanding, stressful, and most importantly shorter. While your life as an individual feels directly impactful on the outcome of the match, and the time penalty for dying would be greater.
I miss 2000 ticket per team layouts now that I have learned and most of us applied Combined Arms Breach to the game, based off the Omaha Beach boat concept.. One or few boats dies fast, while many in view of each other survive because its too much to kill. Same goes on all maps no matter the vehicle or infantry. If we steam roll now with less than 1000 ticket matches the game ends too fast. Where the old 1500 ticket bleed out time gave some fun counter attacks. 1500-2000 ticket map layouts should be brought back, only way to win fast is use real life steam roll tactics to get that last flag. The tanks have anywhere from 4000-10,000 COAX rounds just like how you see COAX used in this video when COAX starts up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ-sCT_maAQ&t=485s

The type of people who claim real life tactics are boring while both having unknowingly done it in Project Reality with me instructing the roles and/or having no actual knowledge of the tactics to recognize their use. Once the mutually supporting positional in view of each other tactics are secured, its down to the speed and skill of dealing with threats. Otherwise this type of asset brigade loses assets and falls apart.

Sadly some of these people who ignore this find themselves worthy of their team to be assets consistently refusing to acknowledge their ignoring of the only person teaching tactics they will never learn nor practice it. They try it once, it goes better than what they do, but due to time learning where they die they claim "it doesnt work". Down to understanding reasons for "random shooting at nothing everywhere" to keep enemy from peeking their team which should be in view, its how you save each other and mutually support each other. They are un-willing to learn, try something new and stick to waiting for something to not only look at them, but they need to see it at the same time as they get peeked. If they shoot casually on COAX while looking around with 1000s of rounds of COAX, where ever they dont want enemy to peek.

They cant see what im saying that keeps them alive. Its logic, put jeep and tank in view of each other, what is enemy likely to blow up first? Put one or more logis doing repairs with 3 tanks in view and enemy has 2 or more targets to take out, enemy has something to weigh. The typical noob response tactic (way project reality is supposed to be played) of logi repairing tank they think that "Logi must first be destroyed" but if logi is in view of tank perfectly that gives tank chance to shoot enemy tank while it reloads.

Then theres the matter of being spread out to not get blown up with one thing but you have to be in view. Their minds separate all these tactics rather than bringing it together, they separate and cannot balance stay in view but be spread out. Even knowing the existence of area attacks as the biggest threat they act like they dont know how far to spread out. Its simply staying in view for mutual support, dividing enemy fire and attention.

We got rid of that 2000 ticket layout style because people dont want to play that long playing the wrong way without ever learning the right way to at least mimic. You dont need to know every fine detail of real life tactics, just mimic what they do. People get bored because their lack of skill, knowledge, leadership, conveying and accomplishing ideas with incentive instruction. Basically high IQ easy to understand instruction that breaks the "lone wolf" mentality I see especially with jeeps, anti-air vehicles, you see it with all vehicles and its with people playing who cant understand every english word said. They dont listen, the CAS goes where ever it wants on map not dividing map in half for enemy AA territory then they die.

All teams assets(tanks, CAS, APC, jeeps, infantry, logi repairs) in view of each other connecting the dots visually for support. Stay in view of each other to save each other, anti air vehicle protects tanks which are CAS bait and provide safe zones for friendly CAS to bait enemy CAS into range of AA. Use logi repairs at distance capable of saving burning armor, logi in distance to supply new infantry FOBs. First let nothing advance or kill anything protecting objective with chosen positions that are also capable of helping attack. Apply the same things to tanks and all other assets on maps like Kashan, Khamisiyah, Burning sands
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2021-06-20 at 22:09..
Old 2021-07-05, 19:53   #15
WingWalker

Won't work, only because servers don't run things that are out of the normal. They don't even run alternate layers much. I did see a vote for CNC today on HOG, but no one knows how to play it since no one runs them, so it lost.

You should suggest in the forums ran by the different servers, then they can post suggestions here.

W.W.
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote