project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
27 Jul 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2021-05-25, 20:09   #1
R. Lee Ermey
Exclamation We Need More Servers

Project Reality has been monopolized by the HOG clan for North America. They are the judge, jury and executioner for almost all of PRs current players. They take advantage of this and its not right. Many people, including myself, have been banned for unjust reasons like "offending" admins. You can see for yourself at the ban appeal section on HOGs website. It needs to stop. We need another server where people don't have to play by HOGs rules and don't have to fear for getting banned because we upset the wrong admin. This is my favorite game and it bothers me that one group of people run it how they want to, and not for the better.

Please PR gods, we need you.
R. Lee Ermey is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-25, 20:23   #2
Coalz101

Coalz101's Avatar
Default Re: We Need More Servers / The HOG Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Lee Ermey View Post
Project Reality has been monopolized by the HOG clan for North America. They are the judge, jury and executioner for almost all of PRs current players. They take advantage of this and its not right. Many people, including myself, have been banned for unjust reasons like "offending" admins. You can see for yourself at the ban appeal section on HOGs website. It needs to stop. We need another server where people don't have to play by HOGs rules and don't have to fear for getting banned because we upset the wrong admin. This is my favorite game and it bothers me that one group of people run it how they want to, and not for the better.

Please PR gods, we need you.
Being the best server (Not inclusive of the people managing it.) on pr is what keeps HOG alive you know. I don't play on any other server because my ping is too high, loads of others can relate. FCV was good aswell, but what happened is that whenever its active it either gets ddos and everyone leaves to join or HOG. Or All the boomers leave and seed HOG because they don't like the map played. You can't beat a Monopoly, there is no rule in the server license that says you have to turn your server off after being the only active ENGLISH server for weeks/months and putting such a rule in will just kill the player base in the long run.

I'm not banned on the server yet, but I know loads of admins will love to ban me. I just don't give trouble so theres little to no reason for such punishment. And because of that I honestly lost most if not all motivation to play PR because its the same server with the same abusive admins, putting the same maps, every 12 hours (I'm not even kinding on this one I could leave on gronzy at 6pm and come back at 6am and see gronzy being played again), they don't even vary the layouts, its always STD STD STD STD, and players to do layout votes is bad too because there are layouts which are unplayable based on maps and most of the playerbase don't even know the difference between the layouts.


EDIT:
HOG is also one of the servers that the most advice is given too, but little or none is taken seriously. The server needs to redo its admin team, its a massive issue since the majority of their admins choose to be unprofessional, immature, disrespectfully little kids than grown adults that they advertise to be. (Server requires 18+ to admin)

Coalz101 is offline
Last edited by Coalz101; 2021-05-25 at 20:30..
Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-25, 23:51   #3
R. Lee Ermey
Default Re: We Need More Servers / The HOG Problem

Those reasons you say are why I came here. I hope that a developer or someone with pull who loves this game sees this and is inspired to do something about it. I think that's our last hope. I want to make a server, but idk anything about that and I know of the ddos issues and want to learn how to counter them, if there is a way. This is my favorite game and its almost heartbreaking to see it like it is and being completely powerless over it.

I'm not religious, but I pray to the PR gods that one day

Project Reality will be great again
R. Lee Ermey is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-26, 06:32   #4
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Mats391's Avatar
Default Re: We Need More Servers

If you have any feedback for HOG, you can leave that in their feedback thread and if you have complaints about them breaking server license you can PM Mineral or me.

Other than that, you are free to make your own server. I will leave this thread open in case others want to join you making a new server. If there will be any more accusations on how any server ruins PR, it will be locked and infractions handed out.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-30, 15:46   #5
Grump/Gump.45

Grump/Gump.45's Avatar
Default Re: We Need More Servers

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Lee Ermey View Post
Project Reality has been monopolized by the HOG clan for North America. They are the judge, jury and executioner for almost all of PRs current players. They take advantage of this and its not right. Many people, including myself, have been banned for unjust reasons like "offending" admins. You can see for yourself at the ban appeal section on HOGs website.
You said the bad racist word and thats why you got banned. I know you are new but dont let people goad you into saying the bad words. 1 month ban. Its same on any server. If people are allowed to say racist words it just increases the toxic energy from those ignorant people and everyone will say it. Its ironic, ignorant angry people screaming a word that the definition of was originally ignorance at people they think are ignorant or stupid. It doesnt matter if it was a joke.

In the mean time you can learn to be a better player by reading the manual on launcher, learning skills like "How to Play Dead" for kills off the Squad Teamwork playlist for training people or reading the rules for each server. The rules differ but follow the same subjects or just follow universal rules against racist words.

Here is the Squad Teamwork playlist video i made today on playing dead, i knifed 3 guys and almost had 4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfFJ...4-gtgi&index=5
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-30, 15:54   #6
Murphy

Murphy's Avatar
Default Re: We Need More Servers

More servers is not really the answer. PR used to have many more servers, but the majority sat empty safe for maybe events thrown by the hosts. What you will end up with is more people footing the bill to host a server that players will never join because HOG/Whatever Popular Server with active seeders. When you create a server you need to create a community with it otherwise you're likely just going to waste money.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-31, 20:07   #7
Esunmanta
Default Re: We Need More Servers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
More servers is not really the answer. PR used to have many more servers, but the majority sat empty safe for maybe events thrown by the hosts. What you will end up with is more people footing the bill to host a server that players will never join because HOG/Whatever Popular Server with active seeders. When you create a server you need to create a community with it otherwise you're likely just going to waste money.
I was never BANNED from any server on Project reality nor on HOG. But it is true that the PRTA server had players very recently. And there is no server for Europe.
Esunmanta is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-31, 23:32   #8
Grump/Gump.45

Grump/Gump.45's Avatar
Default Re: We Need More Servers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esunmanta View Post
I was never BANNED from any server on Project reality nor on HOG. But it is true that the PRTA server had players very recently. And there is no server for Europe.
I would like more evened out ping for our European and Asian players... Centralized artic based server hosting? Anybody? We could put a universal server room in the middle of the already melting artic and use the ice as a heat sink. What is PRID? Thats a new server. We need more players, lots of people think this game isnt for them cause they havent learned or used anything applicable from other games. More players is answer.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-01, 14:00   #9
Esunmanta
Default Re: We Need More Servers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
I would like more evened out ping for our European and Asian players... Centralized artic based server hosting? Anybody? We could put a universal server room in the middle of the already melting artic and use the ice as a heat sink. What is PRID? Thats a new server. We need more players, lots of people think this game isnt for them cause they havent learned or used anything applicable from other games. More players is answer.

Do you want new players? Okay, well think. I am new, I enter the game and HOG is full (because Europeans play there because they do not have a server), I can play with Russians or Brazilians. What I do? I try to play on those servers without being able to communicate which is going to leave me a terrible experience or I close the game, because I am new and I do not know the autodeploy trick to enter HOG.

Now there is a European one that is starting. Yesterday 30 players at 1:00 a.m. It's a matter of people knowing about his existence. I will seed this server. That's the best thing you can do to bring in new players.
Esunmanta is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-01, 14:16   #10
Wicca
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Wicca's Avatar
Default Re: We Need More Servers

Yeah, but then you get ddossed


Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 00:28.