project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
22 Jan 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2021-01-08, 11:55   #101
CAS_ual_TY

CAS_ual_TY's Avatar
Default Re: Tanks losing gun to one frontal AP hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_AbbottPBUH View Post
It's fine how it is. I can count on one hand the number of times i've been gun tracked in the past 6 months, let alone first shot. I also manage to never flip armoured vehicles or do other dumb shit you people constantly complain about. Tanks aren't invincible and they aren't all terrain vehicles that can just bounce off large trees or run through gullies at full speed with no detrimental effects.

We've just established that RNG is fine, now we just need to establish that terrain damage is fine and that people should get better at driving so they don't go into a fight with >1% terrain damage so RNG isn't in play until the 2nd hit.
Read the last 3 pages before you post next time, TY. You are not replying to any of the latest main points whatsoever.

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-12, 07:00   #102
Tony_AbbottPBUH
Default Re: Tanks losing gun to one frontal AP hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS_ual_TY View Post
Read the last 3 pages before you post next time, TY. You are not replying to any of the latest main points whatsoever.
Wrong. Your very last point was, and I quote "The point is that RNG is happening a little too quickly."

My response was that if you drive your tank properly you won't go into a fight having sustained enough terrain damage for first shot to trigger RNG gun disabling. I'm sorry if I didn't make it clear enough, I assumed most people could make use of context clues to determine that by suggesting this I was disagreeing with the premise that RNG was happening 'too quickly'.

Like most things you say the last few pages were mostly asinine garbage, so I can appreciate that you expect people wouldn't read them champ.
Tony_AbbottPBUH is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-13, 12:50   #103
CAS_ual_TY

CAS_ual_TY's Avatar
Default Re: Tanks losing gun to one frontal AP hit

Alright, I will go into your point then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_AbbottPBUH View Post
It's fine how it is. I can count on one hand the number of times i've been gun tracked in the past 6 months, let alone first shot. I also manage to never flip armoured vehicles or do other dumb shit you people constantly complain about. Tanks aren't invincible and they aren't all terrain vehicles that can just bounce off large trees or run through gullies at full speed with no detrimental effects.

We've just established that RNG is fine, [...]
Completely false assumption. You do not have to
- "flip"
- "bounce off trees"
- "run through gullies at full speed"
to gain terrain damage. Driving off a slight hill can be enough for that. Just because you have not experienced this, does not mean that others have not experienced this. You know, RNG.

And from this false and subjective assumption you make the conclusion that "RNG is fine". If everyone was feeling that way, this thread would not exist with 11 pages.

You also have not addressed the point that I made that tries to give a compromise for both sides:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS_ual_TY View Post
Can we just lower the threshold for that? Being in disable-range at 98.4% health just seems a little quick. Maybe to <95% for a start? So lower the disable threshold from 65% to 61.5% would give enough leeway for terrain damage.
And if you would have actually thought your own, first point through, why not increase the threshold to 99.99999% HP, aka, you are not complete, full, unscratched HP => gun can be disabled.
Your "argument" seems to support this (yes, despite you then giving the generous leeway of 1%, if avoiding terrain damage is such a requirement and so easy to do, it should not be an issue).

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-13, 13:19   #104
transpilot
Default Re: Tanks losing gun to one frontal AP hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS_ual_TY View Post
Alright, I will go into your point then.



Completely false assumption. You do not have to
- "flip"
- "bounce off trees"
- "run through gullies at full speed"
to gain terrain damage. Driving off a slight hill can be enough for that. Just because you have not experienced this, does not mean that others have not experienced this. You know, RNG.

And from this false and subjective assumption you make the conclusion that "RNG is fine". If everyone was feeling that way, this thread would not exist with 11 pages.

You also have not addressed the point that I made that tries to give a compromise for both sides:



And if you would have actually thought your own, first point through, why not increase the threshold to 99.99999% HP, aka, you are not complete, full, unscratched HP => gun can be disabled.
Your "argument" seems to support this (yes, despite you then giving the generous leeway of 1%, if avoiding terrain damage is such a requirement and so easy to do, it should not be an issue).
Just dont get shot by enemy tanks.
Use combined warfare. Build tows laze for cas instead of crying 247. Uh i lost my tank
transpilot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-13, 14:11   #105
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

PatrickLA_CA's Avatar
Default Re: Tanks losing gun to one frontal AP hit

Ok, here's an event idea for some of you server owners, create a tank driving competition on any map that isn't 100% flat. The person who reaches the destination with no terrain damage gets to decide the outcome of this thread. All you have to do is not flip and hit trees right? Should be simple

In-game: Cobra-PR
PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-13, 14:56   #106
Danesh_italiano
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator
Default Re: Tanks losing gun to one frontal AP hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by transpilot View Post
Just dont get shot by enemy tanks.
Use combined warfare. Build tows laze for cas instead of crying 247. Uh i lost my tank
Yeah, do that + remove ap/atgm from tenks

I only know that I know nothing. Só sei que nada sei. Sólo sé que no sé nada. So solo di non sapere nulla. Tantum scio me nihil scire. Je sais seulement que je ne sais rien. Tiedän vain, etten tiedä mitään. Ich weiss nur dass ich nichts weiss. Ek weet net dat ek niks weet nie. Wiem tylko, ?e nic nie wiem. Heoi ko ahau anake e mohio ana kahore au e mohio. Ngiyazi kuphela ukuthi angazi lutho.
Danesh_italiano is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-13, 15:48   #107
PBAsydney
Supporting Member

PBAsydney's Avatar
Default Re: Tanks losing gun to one frontal AP hit

Should just remove gun disabling from tanks entirely to fix the passive tank vs tank meta.




HITREG CARRY
PBAsydney is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-13, 17:57   #108
CAS_ual_TY

CAS_ual_TY's Avatar
Default Re: Tanks losing gun to one frontal AP hit

Devs, pls just consider lowingering the threshold by what I said earlier (1.5% - 3.5%, something along those lines, would already double-triple the current threshold of 1.5%) to make terrain damage a little less punishing, while keeping tanks in disable range after eg. LAT hit.
Dont listen to the partisans here. I think this would be a fair compromise to try out.

CAS_ual_TY is offline
Last edited by Nate.; 2021-01-14 at 12:32.. Reason: removed o-t
Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-14, 12:26   #109
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

Nate.'s Avatar
Default Re: Tanks losing gun to one frontal AP hit

3 posts removed, if you wanna continue going in circles, please do it on topic at least.

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-14, 14:53   #110
Danesh_italiano
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator
Default Re: Tanks losing gun to one frontal AP hit

I am surprised that Alon did not found a hacky and doable way of putting two distinct vehicles together (tank turret on top of tank body) and each "vehicle" with its own hp....

With that, make "tank body" or "tank turret" to get tracked ONLY when the hp is less than 15% (assuming 1ap/atgm takes 80% damage. those 5% extra are for terrain damage) because you are hitting a weak spot (tank engine or back of turret)

I only know that I know nothing. Só sei que nada sei. Sólo sé que no sé nada. So solo di non sapere nulla. Tantum scio me nihil scire. Je sais seulement que je ne sais rien. Tiedän vain, etten tiedä mitään. Ich weiss nur dass ich nichts weiss. Ek weet net dat ek niks weet nie. Wiem tylko, ?e nic nie wiem. Heoi ko ahau anake e mohio ana kahore au e mohio. Ngiyazi kuphela ukuthi angazi lutho.
Danesh_italiano is offline Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 16:29.