project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
21 Oct 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2013-08-24, 21:56   #1
Code47v16
Question Performance & Settings

Hello all. I have the legit copy of bf2 and since i played PR before i wanned to start playing again. But it seems i cant because you guys made it more gfx demanding.
It seems like the LOWEST setting you can choose is actualy MEDIUM. If i set it on low it does not work and tells me to not set video.con on read only. I did that once but it didnt work that way so i unchecked it and only option i have now is medium with Dynamic shadows on MEDIUM too which i know take a lot of performance. Can i just play the game on Lowest and be happy with it? Thanks to all that read this. Cheers!

Ps: I know i can play this game optimally since i had played it before with 40+ fps without drops.

- No reason to write in so large font -
Last edited by MaSSive; 2013-09-01 at 15:31..
Old 2013-08-25, 11:00   #2
ConscriptVirus

Default Re: Performance & Settings

In my PR Launcher under options it looks like I can set Dynamic shadows and other settings to Low. Does that not work?

"These things we do that others may live"
ConscriptVirus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 12:21   #3
Inspektura43
Banned

They wont make it possible to set everything down to LOW because of the glitch where you can see people behing hills from far distance.Well fail devs I can still see ppl peeking their heads up behind hills
Inspektura43 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 18:28   #4
Kothra

That's simply an engine limitation related to how the maps work. The settings are locked for different reasons.
Kothra is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 18:29   #5
matty1053

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspektura43 View Post
They wont make it possible to set everything down to LOW because of the glitch where you can see people behing hills from far distance.Well fail devs I can still see ppl peeking their heads up behind hills
Yes, I still see that too.
OT:
Pos your specs from the PR launcher.

It's under support on PR launcher.
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
low fps, performance, settings, settings or best