project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
22 Oct 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2015-12-12, 18:04   #1651
Z-trooper
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: Squad: A commercial game made by developers of and inspired by PR:BF2

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty1053 View Post

No matter the price, this game is damn worth it. Even if one map was in.

On release day, who will be recording and uploading on YouTube? (other than bluedrake)
Good thing we have about 6 maps for early access release, with lots of different layers

Everyone is free to stream and upload videos, I imagine many people will. Many people are already doing so.

There is always a handful of streams going on Twitch
even in the closed alpha.

There are also plenty of videos being uploaded to youtube each day, may of them can be found here:

Videos - Squad Forums

WRT character animations - insurgent and US player models will be remade in the same standard as the russian and milita models have. Animations will likely change 2-3 times more before final release as our game and technology grows and evolves.

Maps and details. Well, hard to say. Depends on the engine and the updates we get for that. But it is already waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy more dense in terms of objects and vegetation than PR or most multiplayer games out there with this sort of scale. We have full interiors and can handle 10x+ more trees than PR can on a map of the same size.

"Without geometry, life is pointless"
Z-trooper is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-12, 20:00   #1652
Raklodder
Supporting Member

Default Re: Squad: A commercial game made by developers of and inspired by PR:BF2

Thank you for taking the necessary time to explain it all for me and others, but I would also like to know whether those hanging carpets will be affected by gunfire/explosions and wind or if they are intended to be static?
Raklodder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-12, 20:10   #1653
DesmoLocke
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to DesmoLocke

Quote:
On release day, who will be recording and uploading on YouTube? (other than bluedrake)
I'm usually streaming when I play. I took the 15th and 16th off of work to be there for the big Steam release. Kind of a gamble on my part as they haven't said what specific time the release will happen.

PR player since 0.5 (Feb 2007)
DesmoLocke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-12, 23:42   #1654
=Romagnolo=

Send a message via MSN to =Romagnolo=

Quote:
I already am!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4cpuoZX8MM

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto:"Cheers, you're the man, Okita"
[R-DEV]Rhino:"I in fact got kicked from a server for tking."
Hitperson:"well done, treasure it forever."
[R-DEV]Adriaan:"Damned classy Roma, if I may say so."
[R-DEV]Chuc:"Pro man, pro."
(yes, it was about me)
[R-MOD]BloodBane611:"Romagnolo, you definitely deserve a LOL award for that."
=Romagnolo= is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-12, 23:45   #1655
carmikaze
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raklodder View Post

Thank you for taking the necessary time to explain it all for me and others, but I would also like to know whether those hanging carpets will be affected by gunfire/explosions and wind or if they are intended to be static?
Dude, how is this important?
carmikaze is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-12, 23:56   #1656
Raklodder
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmikaze View Post
Dude, how is this important?
I know it's not (compared to other things) but I'm curious by nature and would still like to know.
Raklodder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-13, 01:49   #1657
Z-trooper
Retired PR Developer

Technically very possible to have cloth swinging in the wind. UE4 already has an interesting system built in that we are itching to play with in the near future.

We don't know how resource intensive it will be, especially applied on large scale environments, but if it isn't too expensive in computational power and too time consuming to construct assets for, then we will likely be using it.

Just search for UE4 Apex cloth simulation and you can see what the engine can do (at least small scale anyway)

"Without geometry, life is pointless"
Z-trooper is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-13, 09:41   #1658
Nebsif
Supporting Member

uhh I hope there wont be much of this in alphas.. like im sure if its excessive it will be sorted out eventually but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxLM-zUsIzM [watch with sound off] (prone diving)

I searched squad forums and didnt find anything recent on topic tho

Nebsif is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-13, 09:55   #1659
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-trooper View Post
Technically very possible to have cloth swinging in the wind. UE4 already has an interesting system built in that we are itching to play with in the near future.

We don't know how resource intensive it will be, especially applied on large scale environments, but if it isn't too expensive in computational power and too time consuming to construct assets for, then we will likely be using it.

Just search for UE4 Apex cloth simulation and you can see what the engine can do (at least small scale anyway)
It looks like the carpets already have hover technology though.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-13, 11:33   #1660
Zeno

Send a message via MSN to Zeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebsif View Post
uhh I hope there wont be much of this in alphas.. like im sure if its excessive it will be sorted out eventually but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxLM-zUsIzM [watch with sound off] (prone diving)

I searched squad forums and didnt find anything recent on topic tho
Cant be worse than Stompa's dolphinskills anyway

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan: Not having a spotter is like masturbating with a cheese grater...mildly amusing at first, but generally painful and bloody in the end.

Thornehaw: If all this have been evidently true, Battlefield is a much scarier and dirtier than ever imagined. Not a conspiracy, but a possibility. If it is true, then trusting another is quite worrisome.
Zeno is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
... hides behind, ..the alpha status, .for everything wrong, 5 fps, blur my screen, blurry, commercial, developers, game, inspired, katarn loves crysis, machinima, player forgot glass, poxo is ghey, pr > squad, prbf2, shit game, shitty blurry game, specs, squad