project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
19 Sep 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2016-06-08, 21:51   #11
[R-DEV]​Mr.VdHeide
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Re: [WIP] [Vehicle] Super Etendard

What is your plan 1st and 3rd person model wise??

Are you making an all round high poly model which you will then use to create the different geoms from?

D.J.

P.S. Show us some renders, renders are great to comment on smoothing groups. On wireframe pics I can hardly see the smoothing.

Mr.VdHeide is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-09, 05:11   #12
simeon5541

This looks awesome.
Shame France is going to withdraw them from use by the end of next month.
simeon5541 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-09, 06:08   #13
solidfire93

this is Amazing, great job, keep up the good work
solidfire93 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-09, 09:44   #14
anantdeathhawk

To [R-CON]Mr.VdHeide:I have no idea, please recommend what to do and how to make 1p and 3p model.I did smoothing groups before i remade the wings and intakes,I'll apply them on the whole model and post it with renders.
I once saw a 1p blackhawk in 3p ingame accidently and it had very less parts,didn't even looked like a helicopter.
Also please advise on optimizing the whole model where i could remove edges and verts.

To simeon5541 and solidfire93: Thank you guys.
anantdeathhawk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-09, 10:06   #15
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantdeathhawk View Post
I have no idea, please recommend what to do and how to make 1p and 3p model.I did smoothing groups before i remade the wings and intakes,I'll apply them on the whole model and post it with renders.
I once saw a 1p blackhawk in 3p ingame accidently and it had very less parts,didn't even looked like a helicopter.
That's being managed by export stage.

Hide your aircraft.
Model 1p interior.
That's all. On exporting all of your parts(1p model, 3p model with all lods, cols, 3p wreck lods, cols) will be within one scene and will look like mess, while normal ingame.

Same applies to lods, collision meshes...

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to give up and respawn.
rPoXoTauJIo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-09, 21:03   #16
anantdeathhawk

To rPoXoTauJIo:So i just have to make single model?
and i am not familier with cols and lods,etc as i have never done it,its a thing yet to learn along with UV and textures.
anantdeathhawk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-10, 00:06   #17
[R-DEV]​CTRifle

Send a message via MSN to CTRifle

Quote:
To rPoXoTauJIo:So i just have to make single model?
and i am not familier with cols and lods,etc as i have never done it,its a thing yet to learn along with UV and textures.
Nice work so far! Take a look at Rhinos how to make a static tutorial, he gives an excellent explanation to what they are.

atm though, I wouldnt worry about COLs and LODs, jsut get the model done, both 1 and 3P so you can UV them and we or someone can texture it.

CTRifle is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-10, 00:10   #18
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
Supporting Member

Just try to import into max9 any existing vehicle and look how it looks in hierarchy and scene.
F.e. - this is complete scene of su30, all geoms, lods, cols are here.
And for example i hidden everything but 1p object, that's how it looks for players inside - as you can see, there is no need to model all stuff players can't see(like back of plane, bottom, etc).
On other side, cockpit should be modelled a lot better than 3p model for other players.

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Old 2016-06-10, 17:45   #19
anantdeathhawk

To [R-DEV]CTRifle:Thanks, i saw that tutorial,it was a long read, so i didn't got into the details,just read the short description of cols and lods.I'll read it in detail later as you suggested that i shouldn't worry about it now.

To rPoXoTauJIo:I don't know how to import a PR vehicle as i have tried and failed to do so,before.I never thought the cockpit is that detailed,never noticed it,i thought i was mostly textures.
----------------------------------
So please tell me how to make all models in the same scene , should i clone the jet and then make one as 1p and the other as 3p and then one more for the wreck? or should i make 2 different scene files for the 1p and 3p models?

Hierarchy, i don't know how to do that,but will learn soon.I basically just know how to move vertices and shape a model as of yet.
So bear with me, if i don't fully understand what you guys try to explain.
Last edited by anantdeathhawk; 2016-06-11 at 10:00..
Old 2016-06-10, 18:46   #20
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
Supporting Member

Quote:
should i clone the jet and then make one as 1p and the other as 3p and then one more for the wreck
Exactly this. And later lods
Quote:
Hierarchy, i don't know how to do that,but will learn soon.I basically just know how to move vertices and shape a model as of yet.
So bear with me, if i don't fully understand what you guys try to explain.
Hierachies for 3DS/Gmax tutorial - Battlefield 2 - Mod DB
Scroll down to 'Little explanation' and that's all.
Dont forget to enable tree view(Display subtree) in 'Select by name' window.

Tags
etendard, super, vehicle, wip