project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
21 Sep 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:05 PM   #21
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Growing concerns with PR players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Trips View Post
If you can accurately guess someone's age based on a disembodied voice then you have a rare gift I think you should consider allowing biological science study closely.
I can't guess actually, I like to play with clans who generally have adults as members, that's how I know.

So there :P

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:09 PM   #22
Cpt. Trips

My real point was you wouldn't be able to tell the difference a lot of the time if you didn't know.
Cpt. Trips is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:15 PM   #23
StuTika

A thread of this nature usually pops up now and then...the problem comes and goes...

With the publicity PR has been getting through being featured on the vBF2 start screen, it's inevitable that lots of vBF2 uber-1337-headshot-bunnyhop-choppa kiddies will appear, also whoever mentioned kids breaking up for summer was right too.

We will just have to hope that the vBF2 advert is noticed by some players who, like I and a lot of other PR converts were, are hungry for better teamwork, and that the aforementioned sniper-whores will get bored and go back to vanilla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshboy View Post
DO IT!

I know i'm only 14, but I'm mature enough to actually know how to follow orders and not be a complete retard ingame. It just annoys me when I get called a noob just because of my voice/age even though I'm probably more mature than the guy who even called me it.
QFT I've had the pleasure of playing with Welshy a few times and he's a great player despite being (relatively) young. I myself am only 16 but I try my utmost to follow orders and generally not be an asshat, even if I'm not very good at actually owning the enemy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2B Rudd View Post
Seems like the iGi mumble night will be well received then, will be PWed etc, details to follow very very soon
Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes I will be there like a shot!

Just got Mumble and it's very promising.

Stu.
StuTika is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:11 PM   #24
wuschel
Default IN-GAME Advertisement for better gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuschel View Post
... or use the in-game information/advertisement banner in the main menu. Possible slogans with pictures could be ( and please do not laugh at them because they are stupid examples... :

Here some examples for loading screen good conduct slogans. If the developers can use them, I am glad to modify them or give the source files. The pictures are taken from the 0.85 screenshot section and have been modified.
Attached Thumbnails
lonewolves.jpg   dontwastetanks.jpg   teamwork.jpg  
wuschel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:28 PM   #25
Jonny

^^^

I love those slogans!

They should be added whether they work or not.
Jonny is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:21 PM   #26
Cobhris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bainwalker View Post
honestly if I had my way I'd bar anyone under 18 from playing... but I know that won't happen. Nothing worse than mouthy kids trying to bark orders.

I know it may not go away, sorry for the repeat thread. I just had to vent after last night in the TG server of all places.
Not all of us are idiots. Some of us have mics and do the best we can for the team. TBH, it's exactly the kind of people you're talking about that drive players like me (I'm 16) away from vBF2. Shooting 'tards gets boring really fast, especially when your own team kills you more than the enemy does.

The Soviets may have only gotten as far as East Germany, but they took the rest of the continent without firing a single shot.

NObama 2012!
Cobhris is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:25 PM   #27
SgtDad
Banned
Supporting Member

When I was a kid, I often wanted to join the "grownups" (teens and young adults) in their games. Sometimes they would allow me, and other times they wouldn't. How I responded to being denied often depended on the response I got from the "grownups".

As an adult, I led a young Scout troop (Webelos, ages 9 - 10). Best kids I ever had the opportunity to teach - even my "tards" were team players. They responded very readily to leadership by example.
But this isn't about me.....

Having read most of the threads, I can only conclude that there's a lot of immaturity going around; perhaps because we're short on older online players. When a man complains that he is irritated by the sound of a youngsters voice, I say the man has a problem. If some kid is bouncing around on a map acting like an arse, he's probably in need of attention. Admin knows a lot of good leaders, both young and a little older. Perhaps if these leaders can be encouraged to voluntarily take on one or two "arses" and put them in well-led yet under-manned squad, these "arses" can be turned into lean, mean, fighting machines; conversely, if they keep acting up, well, punishment delayed is justice denied - they should be kicked off for the DAY. The next ban should be 30 days, and the third time should mean your ip is gone for good. Period.

Bad players should not be tolerated by either side on a contested field - such players should be open targets, given to having to re-spawn so often that they make themselves disappear even before Admin gets involved. Commanders should be able to communicate with each other when such offenses are committed, so that they may notify their platoon leaders.

With summer coming on, I'm glad that Bainwalker resurrected this topic. Gives the good people/members of PR time for some constructive planning and preparation.........

P.S. Dittos the NoBama, kiddo!
SgtDad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:30 PM   #28
unrealalex

Would be awesome if there were some kind of way to make it so only people with mics could download the game. Like some kind of voice test.
unrealalex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:44 PM   #29
Howitzer

Yes but:

What if
What if...
What if it was impossible (or too hard idk)

Imo , i think this wave of vbf2 players is good. The one who are interested will be owned just like every newbies but they will be interested on how is it possible to kick ass like that. And they will come here on the forum just like i did on my first time.

The other will just go back to their CSS , halo or bf2.
Howitzer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:51 PM   #30
Warri0r91

I'm 18 now but I've been gaming for a very long time. Back then, players who were older never had problems dealing with me. I guess what I'm trying to say is that some players out there 18, 17, 16, or younger, are aware of what others expect from them. I have a couple of kids in my clan that are way younger than me (I believe the youngest Jr is in the 8th grade) who can play without any SL or any member trying to babysit them.

Yes they can be annoying sometimes, but what better way to improve their in-game maturity than playing in PR?

Rig Specs:

[Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz] [Windows Vista 64-bit] [Tuniq Tower 120] [4GB DDR3] [Asus P5E3 Pro] [EVGA GTX 275] [750w Power Supply] [Seagate Barracuda 320GB] [Samsung LN32450A]
Warri0r91 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
concerns, growing, players