project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 May 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2021-10-23, 16:41   #1
Brotherscompany
Default More servers would have be around if he had max 90 players?

So like for 2 years now its been the norm to have only 1 server up since no one wants to be bothered by seeding and by the time the round ends there is a high likelyhood of getting a slot

So do you think if the max players for a server would have been 90 people would have been more keen in seeding and perhaps it could have resulted in servers lasting longer?

Honestly l guess 45 vs 45 wouldn't have affected the gameplay that much in a negative way
Brotherscompany is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-23, 21:03   #2
Coalz101

Default Re: More servers would have be around if he had max 90 players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotherscompany View Post
So like for 2 years now its been the norm to have only 1 server up since no one wants to be bothered by seeding and by the time the round ends there is a high likelyhood of getting a slot

So do you think if the max players for a server would have been 90 people would have been more keen in seeding and perhaps it could have resulted in servers lasting longer?

Honestly l guess 45 vs 45 wouldn't have affected the gameplay that much in a negative way
As long as the total pop does not go below 80 and you won't get a bad game it will be fine in my opinion. Just remember there is less people to carry/fuck up a team now but it theres a strong majority of bad players there will always be a gameplay issue. Rules will need to be more strict as to get as good of a game as possible.

Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-24, 04:50   #3
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

I also think the game just works better with slightly less players regardless, but I don't people will like that.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-24, 07:30   #4
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

I think 90 would be same as 100. Might as well go back to BF2's 64 then or go the other way and add player count to fit everyone onto one server.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-24, 23:18   #5
dcm

I thought about reopening a server, but I'd rather not deal with all the petty bullshit.

And I like to run my servers like a biker bar. Do what you want but dont fuck with the house.
dcm is offline Reply With Quote