project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
17 Jan 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2020-08-12, 13:56   #1
Coalz101

Default Aircraft Damage System (Specifically jets)

Thinking about the aircraft systems, I believe hitting the cockpit with cannons from other jets should kill the pilot (But keep the plane in full throttle if possible, it will eventually stall out and crash or what not)

that's just part 1 of the suggestion...

Part 2 now:

Have aircrafts require 2 AA shots for instant kill, 1 shot would cause the aircraft to burn whether or not it splashes the flares. because seeing how broken the RWR system is, it's pretty dumb having instant death from a missile that never misses if you don't pre flare. In real life people don't Pre Flare in jets... They only flare when a missile is launched at them. Or whenever the systems in the aircraft tell them too.

The gameplay for CAS now is pretty much one sided. Lock, shoot, die to ground AA that doesn't even lock onto your aircraft but just spams rockets at you.

If any nerf needs to be done to what I suggested (1 shot burns the aircraft whether or not it splashes flare) have aircrafts unable to give throttle when they are burning (after second explosion for helicopters)
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-17, 09:58   #2
Niki-Tret

Default Re: Aircraft Damage System (Specifically jets)

It maybe would be better for CAS pilots, but it would be realy unrealistic because where did you see that jet survive direct hit. And also (as I know, it was like that before and it should be still like that) 1 AA missile is not always 1 hit kill: https://youtu.be/wo7PDiiOo1g

!!!ASSET WHORE!!!
Niki-Tret is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-17, 13:59   #3
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

What would it really change if the jet is a 1-hit-kill or 1-hit-fire?

In-game: Cobra-PR
PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-17, 14:01   #4
Coalz101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki-Tret View Post
It maybe would be better for CAS pilots, but it would be really unrealistic because where did you see that jet survive direct hit.
According to what i suggested, the jet won't survive (It would be burning on the first hit so there's definitely no chance for a jet to survive at 2k)

And it's not unrealistic, pilots often eject the moment they get hit unless the eject mechanism doesn't work. And that's exactly what I'm trying to get at here, getting to use the eject mechanism more often. RN, it seems like the devs just put the Eject mechanism for looks more than function.
Old 2020-08-17, 14:02   #5
Coalz101

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickLA_CA View Post
What would it really change if the jet is a 1-hit-kill or 1-hit-fire?
Pilots can eject and survive, hence the eject mechanism won't just go to waste. AAV and AA on a whole is also broken regardless.
Old 2020-08-17, 16:25   #6
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

Yeah, I meant, how does that fix CAS? It's a nice feature sure but it changes absolutely nothing in the gameplay of CAS, especially after AA was made to be much more lethal and flares mostly useless when it comes to jets. It doesn't improve CAS survivability nor it improves the skill it takes for an AA gunner to destroy a jet. It's merely a cosmetic change, which I'm not against, but I would like to see something that brings a bit of balance in jet and AA combat, maybe a slightly longer lock-on time or even some degree of RNG whether the missile hits or doesn't. Of course the system is quite f**ked as it is a vBF2 thing but still, I feel like the changes that were made some time ago to the AA and lock on have made CAS a lot less desirable for players

In-game: Cobra-PR
PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-17, 21:58   #7
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Administrator

AA Missiles have explosion-lag-compensation with server-side detonation logic, even though they are not really controlled by the client.

This causes a lot of inconsistencies when flaring or when diving a target. The Jet is rewinded back in time for hit detection, but the missile detonation logic doesn't take any of that into account. For example, exploding on a flare behind the Jet kills the Jet as it is rewinded into it. Exploding infront of a diving jet does no damage because its rewinded away from it.

Its fixed in 1.6.3.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-17, 22:52   #8
Niki-Tret

Real problem are flares becuase missile should turn to flare even if it alredy locked to jet becuase that's how it works in real life (and that whole Bf2 jet AA missile system is not relistic because radar missiles lock on target and then flares don't help (it can't even lock on flares) and heat-seeking missiles you just shoot when jet is in range and then flares are used to bait missile away from jet).

!!!ASSET WHORE!!!
Niki-Tret is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-18, 00:52   #9
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Administrator

Missiles do redirect to flares, it just didn't matter due to the issue I described
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-18, 19:13   #10
Coalz101

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonTavor View Post
Missiles do redirect to flares, it just didn't matter due to the issue I described
What about the RWR 1 second delay?