project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Jan 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2020-05-03, 20:17   #1
Niki-Tret

Lightbulb M4A3 mg

On 3rd position in M4A3 there is mg with no optics no anything just fixed view and everything how you can aim is looking where are bullets hitting. I suggest you make tracers as they are on coax, red or green tracer also as they were in WW2 tanks so mg acctualy can aim a little bit.
Niki-Tret is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-07, 13:55   #2
ALADE3N
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: M4A3 mg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki-Tret View Post
On 3rd position in M4A3 there is mg with no optics no anything just fixed view and everything how you can aim is looking where are bullets hitting. I suggest you make tracers as they are on coax, red or green tracer also as they were in WW2 tanks so mg acctualy can aim a little bit.
that's intentional , US Tank Co-driver/radio operators have no optics in their Bow gun

ALADE3N is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-07, 14:37   #3
Niki-Tret

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALADE3N View Post
that's intentional , US Tank Co-driver/radio operators have no optics in their Bow gun
I know they have no optics, but they have tracers and in PR Co-druver doesn't have even tracers so I suggest to make him has tracers. I never suggested to add optics, just tracers.

!!!ASSET WHORE!!!
Old 2020-05-07, 14:41   #4
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member

We couldn't find any evidence that weapons such as the .30 cal in the M4A3 had any tracers during WW2. In fact, WW2 all together had not as much tracer usage as movies let us to believe. So most weapons don't get tracers in PR WW2.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-07, 14:55   #5
robert357

Didn't US print what bullets are in belts on ammo boxes?

robert357 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-07, 18:16   #6
Niki-Tret

Post Re: M4A3 mg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineral View Post
We couldn't find any evidence that weapons such as the .30 cal in the M4A3 had any tracers during WW2. In fact, WW2 all together had not as much tracer usage as movies let us to believe. So most weapons don't get tracers in PR WW2.
You say they didn't use tracers as much as in movies, but still coax on every tank (in WW2 also) has them.

!!!ASSET WHORE!!!
Old 2020-05-07, 18:25   #7
friendly

Duplicate thread: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=149672

My idea posted there: "In real life, this gunner would at least know the general direction his gun is pointed. Is it possible to keep the gunfire centered in the screen and have the camera move? There isn't much traverse so it seems doable as the player view hopefully wouldn't glitch through the vehicle. I imagine this working like the minigun if the gun wasn't visible to the player."
friendly is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-07, 18:56   #8
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki-Tret View Post
You say they didn't use tracers as much as in movies, but still coax on every tank (in WW2 also) has them.
IIRC the .50 cal It's the only reliable one we could find some evidence on that they had some tracer ammo for.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-07, 19:35   #9
BubblyNinja

Dunno if this matters here but in the M4A2 Technical Manual, ammunition allocation of .30 caliber ammunition includes tracer rounds. I would assume that this allocation would be similar if not the same on the A3? Would this prompt the inclusion of tracers for the bow gunner in-game?

https://radionerds.com/images/1/19/T...-Tank-M4A2.pdf

BubblyNinja is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-08, 09:00   #10
qs-racer
Supporting Member

Very nice document.

Page 13 paragraph "m" , they say all version of m4 carry the same armement.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tank.jpg (93.3 KB, 14 views)

qs-racer is offline Reply With Quote