project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
30 Nov 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2021-11-27, 23:05   #21
WingWalker
Default Re: Muttrah Alternative Layout

I know this is a redundant post, but MEC getting beaten like this seems to be happening all the time now.

Played multiple rounds of Muttrah tonight on different servers, they were won in less than 30mins ending with MEC with no spawn ability after the second to last flag.

I think the last round MEC still had over 400 tickets when they couldn't spawn anywhere while still having fortress.

W.W.
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-28, 21:22   #22
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor
Project Reality Beta Tester

Not even 2 hours before you wrote this, we won as MEC by outcapping the US. The MEC team was better, granted, but it's not like I've only seen the map being won by MEC if they had all the good players in it. And to be honest, we played real fucking conservative in the beginning, which is not something I recommend doing as MEC to begin with.

It's a simple matter of playing skillfully. If you're getting curbstomped all the time(and it's not because the enemy team is stacked to shit), then I would argue the correct approach would be to examine what exactly the cause of the losses are, that is more effective than bitching it can't be done when, in fact, it can and has.

But I guess complaining is a much easier thing to do.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:58   #23
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

The last time I checked the stats, Muttrah was and has been for a long time before that, very well balanced with a pretty much even amount of wins for both sides, one of the main reasons why I haven't changed anything with the map is because it is so well balanced for an asymmetrical map. This data is based off all matches from all servers for that release and unless anything has changed with the core gameplay that has thrown off the map's balance largely since I last looked at it in detail (been really busy with r/l stuff to look much at it or other PR stuff), then I'm going to assume its still balanced since nothing major has changed that I can think of, and if something major did change that would throw off map balance then the mappers would have been notified.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:51   #24
Coalz101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
The last time I checked the stats, Muttrah was and has been for a long time before that, very well balanced with a pretty much even amount of wins for both sides, one of the main reasons why I haven't changed anything with the map is because it is so well balanced for an asymmetrical map.
This is ridiculously true, but the map is played so much to the point where theres no variation in tactics. You can predict everyone's movements and that is kind of what made it so balanced up to this day. If you don't get good games on Muttrah is mainly up to the teams and not the assets, that's why people like it so much.

NB. This map still has invisible walls about, I'm sure we're all aware of that by now.

Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 15:38   #25
[R-DEV]​Rhino
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coalz101 View Post
NB. This map still has invisible walls about, I'm sure we're all aware of that by now.
Do you mean at the edge of the map where it joins with the surrounding terrain? Ye I know about them, not much that can be done about it as it's the engine bugging out.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 15:55   #26
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Do you mean at the edge of the map where it joins with the surrounding terrain? Ye I know about them, not much that can be done about it as it's the engine bugging out.
Somewhere in D13 I think? Something weird there, not exactly on the egde. Saw it a couple of times
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 15:55   #27
Coalz101

Quote:
Yeah, the deadly one is just west of MEC Fortress, a low flying huey can hit it easily.

Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote