project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
18 Aug 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2018-10-17, 15:55   #21
[R-DEV]​Mr.VdHeide
PR:BF2 Developer

Mr.VdHeide's Avatar
Default Re: Operation Falcon

Balance on a militia layer is always hard, it will always be asymmetrical. I don't think I will be changing asset layouts, the asymmetrical balance is what makes a militia layer interesting. And yes, that means that the Boxer will get killed with 1 round of SPG 9.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Filamu View Post
What I really would like to see is more flag layouts. It is a good map, but the rounds I play seem way to similar due to only two layouts, and it seems I mostly get to play the western layout.
Maybe one layout through the city, avoiding both factory and the airport. And maybe some more variations on the side layouts?

The flag positions are good, but I guess there would have to be a few more to get more variety. Maybe these areas:
-One more in the south city for a city layout (could maybe be a double cap in the city with two flags on both sides that needs to be held.
-Flags on the H1, I4, L11, H11 compounds.
-Either some point of interest or just a hill flag on the east side, (KLM7,8,9)

I would also try to keep to at least 4 flags in a layout as it is now.
Yes it is one of those things I will look into. The flags are currently positioned so that there is always hard cover for infantry against heavy asset fire. I consider this to be really important because of the tanks. If I would have put flags in open area's infantry gameplay wouldn't have been quite as good. I will try to get more variety in flag routes without placing flags at random spots.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
My only gripe so far is that there's a flag by the 5 bunkers near the airfield. Those bunkers are so damn boring to fight in/on/over. Either change the location or put something else there please.
Haha I feel you. I will NOT change that area of the map however, the aircraft bunkers fit the map really well. Would it help if I add more detail to those bunkers? I could add more boxes and other stuff you might find inside a bunker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mectus11 View Post
Please add some cuts in this fence line, it's frustrating when an MTLB rushes the entrance and blocks people from getting in quickly.

...

pls add or I destroy every bicycle in NL reeeeeeeee.
I like my walls solid.


JK, I will be adding some more holes underneeth the fence, and some extra gaps for vehicles.






D.J.

Mr.VdHeide is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-17, 17:00   #22
Filamu
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Filamu's Avatar
Default Re: Operation Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.VdHeide View Post
Yes it is one of those things I will look into. The flags are currently positioned so that there is always hard cover for infantry against heavy asset fire. I consider this to be really important because of the tanks. If I would have put flags in open area's infantry gameplay wouldn't have been quite as good. I will try to get more variety in flag routes without placing flags at random spots.
Yeah, it is good that way. I tried to suggest areas that looks somewhat built up, but maybe place down some more houses for a few more flags?

If wanted for more variety and a reason to play the inf layer, maybe the inf layer could have flags in the forests? So it seems different.


Quote:
Haha I feel you. I will NOT change that area of the map however, the aircraft bunkers fit the map really well. Would it help if I add more detail to those bunkers? I could add more boxes and other stuff you might find inside a bunker.
Would be nice. Maybe one or two of them could be fortified on top too?


Quote:
JK, I will be adding some more holes underneeth the fence, and some extra gaps for vehicles.
More for inf is fine, as ropes exist, but maybe not for vehicles? I like that it is possible to lock it down.
Filamu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-17, 23:55   #23
[R-DEV]​Mr.VdHeide
PR:BF2 Developer

Mr.VdHeide's Avatar
Default Re: Operation Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filamu View Post
Yeah, it is good that way. I tried to suggest areas that looks somewhat built up, but maybe place down some more houses for a few more flags?
Doing what you are suggesting here would be a good idea, especially the borders of the map don't have a lot of buildings. However, adding more houses etc. would also cost quite a bit of time so I am not sure yet if I will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filamu View Post
If wanted for more variety and a reason to play the inf layer, maybe the inf layer could have flags in the forests? So it seems different.
Servers play infantry layers? RIP MeRk infantry Wednesdays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filamu View Post
Would be nice. Maybe one or two of them could be fortified on top too?
yes that would be possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filamu View Post
More for inf is fine, as ropes exist, but maybe not for vehicles? I like that it is possible to lock it down.
Nah I am thinking of adding just 1 more for vehicles. I mainly want more holes underneath the fence. It is good as an obstacle but that 1 spot mectus pointed out is really a good example of where there should definitely be a gap for the Dutch to enter the airport.




D.J.

Mr.VdHeide is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 11:08   #24
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

sweedensniiperr's Avatar
Default Re: Operation Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.VdHeide View Post
Haha I feel you. I will NOT change that area of the map however, the aircraft bunkers fit the map really well. Would it help if I add more detail to those bunkers? I could add more boxes and other stuff you might find inside a bunker.
I might've worded myself weird. What I don't like is that it's a flag in one of the layers.

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 15:01   #25
[R-DEV]​Mr.VdHeide
PR:BF2 Developer

Mr.VdHeide's Avatar
Default Re: Operation Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
I might've worded myself weird. What I don't like is that it's a flag in one of the layers.
So you want the bunkers and airport flag to be 2 independent flags that have to be capped both, right? I have been thinking about doing that, the flag route could use 1 more flag.



D.J.

Mr.VdHeide is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-19, 07:19   #26
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

sweedensniiperr's Avatar
Default Re: Operation Falcon

No. I don't want there to be a flag specifically at the bunker area, as that forces people to fight over them.

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-20, 15:08   #27
[R-DEV]​Mr.VdHeide
PR:BF2 Developer

Mr.VdHeide's Avatar
Default Re: Operation Falcon

I might be able to make a flag route including the airbase, but excluding the airbase bunkers.




D.J.

Mr.VdHeide is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-18, 12:43   #28
solidfire93

solidfire93's Avatar
Default Re: Operation Falcon

missing building on map.

https://prnt.sc/nq749x

https://prnt.sc/nq74g8
solidfire93 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-18, 13:06   #29
Rabbit

Rabbit's Avatar
Default Re: Operation Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidfire93 View Post
Worse than that he didn't even recolor that terrain cover.

Rabbit is online now Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-11, 20:25   #30
transpilot
Default Re: Operation Falcon

The ALT layer is almost unplayable.

900RPM, bodyarmor & scopes are such a huge advantage that militia loses in CQB and longrange battles.

Boxer is also much more capable of killing INF than SPG & BMP together.

On top of that NL gets chinooks which allows them to build FOBs anywhere
transpilot is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
falcon, operation
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 15:17.