project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
26 Mar 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2018-02-14, 08:49   #21
mebel
Default Re: Operation Thunder Map Feedback

floating/disappearing grainfield:
https://imgur.com/a/bOQq6
mebel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-24, 17:26   #22
Raidonrai
PR Server License Administrator

To weigh in on STD asset balance:

Keep the old Hind set up for russia, remove one of the Tunguskas (Two tunguskas against one F-16? Really? Viewrange is so short F-16 is pretty meh anyway), give Poland their W-3W Sokol CAS (The one on Karbala).
Raidonrai is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-01, 07:29   #23
Fuller

I like the idea of a asymmetric asset balance but you have to take the amount of teamwork into account aswell.

F-16: 1x pilot, 1-3 spotters. (SL,CO,spotter kit)

vs.

2x Hind (E&F): 4 pilots, 1-3 (optional) spotters (SL,CO,spotter kit)
2x Tunguska: 4 crew

That means 2-5 vs. 9-12 people who have to coordinate with each other.
I think it is still a great layout but the server admins have to monitor the previous battles very carefully and decide (based on team balance) which layout they choose.

Fuller is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-01, 08:56   #24
DogACTUAL

Why no increase in view distance? Performance reasons? Otherwise this map could really benefit from the 1km+ view distance. Asset gameplay would be greatly improved, especially CAS. Infantry would mostly still have the same amount of concealment and cover on the ground because of all the hills, buildings and vegetation.

I really like the assymetrical CAS balance with the F16 versus the two hinds. But the F16 is just really not made for a map with that low of a view distance. Many bombs won't explode, even when dropped on lases and there is no real time to do proper gun runs, even on lases. Flying the F16 with this view distance is just all around very akward and so in turn it is trying to engage it with AA. Imo either increase view distance or remove the F16 and replace it with Sokol attack variant.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-01, 13:58   #25
lakinen

For me, this map is a problem because the creator of this map did not put the airport on both sides. Then we could talk about the balance. As I noticed here nobody(DEVs) understands so much about balance and gameplay (captures flags ...)Map looks great but there is no soul.
lakinen is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-01, 14:02   #26
FFG
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakinen View Post
For me, this map is a problem because the creator of this map did not put the airport on both sides. Then we could talk about the balance. As I noticed here nobody(DEVs) understands so much about balance and gameplay (captures flags ...)Map looks great but there is no soul.
lol. Just play the alt layer

FFG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-30, 14:00   #27
Acecombatzer0

The F-16s ability to do actual CAS is limited because it can only carry two bombs, meanwhile it can completely destroy the Hinds because it carries (6?) Air to Air missiles.

Replace F-16 with Su-22

CrazyHotMilf: can you release PR 1.0 today cause its my birthday and i want to play it ? because its gonna be very nice and every thing
Acecombatzer0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-30, 18:10   #28
FFG
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acecombatzer0 View Post
The F-16s ability to do actual CAS is limited because it can only carry two bombs, meanwhile it can completely destroy the Hinds because it carries (6?) Air to Air missiles.

Replace F-16 with Su-22
Poland also gets a tank.

FFG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-31, 07:30   #29
arjan

Really liking the terrain in general. Feels way more natural than some other PR maps and offers nice maneuvering and ambush options for both vehicles and infantry. Find the flag layout along the middle main road and around the fields with varying terrain heights very fun to play as you can really utilize the south and north part of the map for maneuvering and not stray away to much from the objectives.

I also would like to see the view distance upped. Asset balance wise i dont know much, but i personally (and in general) would like to see more uniformity in vehicles on PR maps to simulate organic unit formations. I think this maps lends itselve for some heavier MECHINF gameplay with ground vehicles being mainly (auto)cannons, no thermals and no ATGM's. Making FOBS more important to lock down key terrain positions with their thermal optic ATGM launcher, in turn making mortars important to take these out.

Just me, i am no expert on balance so i could be very wrong.
arjan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-21, 07:03   #30
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

There's a reason why we split cas assets(helis and jets) on other maps such as kashan\khami, as helicopters unable to survive against jets on their own. No jet on russian side and trees coverage here just make it useless to even touch hinds unless f16 down.

Perhaps could modify russian base a bit? as mig29's were specifically designed to land&take off on poorly conditions.

Also map could use some tweaks on fog settings, really weird when stuff suddenly disappear on edge of VD.

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to give up and respawn.
rPoXoTauJIo is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
feedback, map, operation, thunder