project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
18 Aug 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2016-12-15, 14:58   #21
inb4banned
Default Re: The Falklands - Map Feedback

This is the only map where AA - CAS balance is actually sort of Ok. On this map you can see and hear a jet far before it enters the 1500m lock-on range which gives AA a chance to do its job. Something that is completely broken on every other map.
inb4banned is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-28, 06:04   #22
DogACTUAL

Can the devs make the CIWS on the british carrier destructible? On some servers when there were no admins online atm i saw a team of proffesional trolls work together and enter all of them, shooting down every harrier that tried to take off or tking people on the carrier.

That happened to me multiple times and could have been managed by regular players if the CIWS was actually destructible.
This is especially bad on vehicle warfare mode.

Should be possible to code since in vBF2 they were destructible too.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-28, 09:38   #23
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

This is an admin issue, not a map issue.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-28, 09:39   #24
[R-DEV]​Rhino
Supporting Member

It is possible but to do so, would mean detaching them from the ATC and making them their own object like in vBF2, which means no quick switching between them from the ATC for the commander, as the ATC and both weapons are currently classed as one vehicle to allow the quick seat switching, which would mean if they were destroyable that if you destroy one, you would destroy them all, including killing the commander in the ATC if he was in there

I had hoped that Admins could deal with this kind of situation as making them destroyable isn't a perfect solution to this problem either since you've still got to destroy them and then they can respawn and get back in them once they respawn too, and only encourages base raping knowing they can take out the carrier defences too.

Possibly a better solution would be for the servers to bring back the teamkill punish system with just a higher limit than default so if a player got punished for 5 or 10 teamkills, then he would be kicked or temp banned from the server, which would be a far better solution to the problem than players trying to fight back.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-28, 13:14   #25
DogACTUAL

I agree that it would probably be a better solution to bring back the automated kick/ban, because there can't really be admins online all the time.
I thought you could actually do the destructible defenses because i remember that i could still access all the other defenses in the russian main when destroying one of them on the jamaican map.

But i just tried it and noticed after destroying one you can't damage any of them anymore and their collision meshes disappear.

Too bad. Refractor engine strikes again.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-28, 22:12   #26
FFG
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Moderator

From an admin POV, I think that the base defences just cause issues. A player won't have a need to defend themselves if the server admins are there and the rules are in place. And that any server that fails to shouldn't be around.

FFG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-29, 09:38   #27
[R-DEV]​Rhino
Supporting Member

TBH it's far easier for admins to see and kick/ban anyone who is team killing than base raping, since with TKing, both teams get messages about who is doing it at the top of the screen, and with base raping, you have to try and manually find who is doing it, which isn't easy as first you need to be on the same team as the guy who is doing it and then you have to try and pick them off the map which isn't easy when they are flying outside of the minimap border, especially on VW where everyone is flying outside the map.

I've seen the base defences come in pretty handy on many occasions and they do put people off from trying to base rape, although in the long term I am planning on making some changes to them which should hopefully mean that they are less of a problem for griefing, especially on VW.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-16, 18:30   #28
FlyingR

What's everybody's deal with not liking Falklands? Many complaints I see about the map is that there is bad gameplay.

The solely reason that the gameplay is bad it's because people don't know how to play the map. Lots of tks (from CAS especially), pathetic defending, and such. This happens in every map though...

Also nobody plays the night version of Falklands... People always complain that we play the same maps over and over again, yet when Falkland or Vietnam maps get suggested, they prefer Saarema, Muttrah, Burning Sands, etc.
FlyingR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 09:48   #29
InfantryGamer42

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingR View Post
What's everybody's deal with not liking Falklands? Many complaints I see about the map is that there is bad gameplay.

The solely reason that the gameplay is bad it's because people don't know how to play the map. Lots of tks (from CAS especially), pathetic defending, and such. This happens in every map though...

Also nobody plays the night version of Falklands... People always complain that we play the same maps over and over again, yet when Falkland or Vietnam maps get suggested, they prefer Saarema, Muttrah, Burning Sands, etc.
Its server issue,not game issue. Some servers like PRTA true to pike most maps which we have in game. Other servers are just same maps over and over. Biggest problem are admins who on same servers dont wont to play some "boring maps". Part of issue is player base which I fill have some fear from new maps. First impresion has big importance in this also.
For instance I am playing PR from first day of 1.3 and I played Xiangshan for first time four monts ago and It become one of mine favorite maps in game. Great gameplay. Still there are some maps which I hate for same wird reasons...
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 16:54   #30
PeppeJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingR View Post

Because playing 15v15 with iron sights where the average engagement distance is 800m while the rest of your team is flying planes/playing sniper/aa/mortars isn't very fun. Couple it with walking 1-2km only to get bombed by planes or mortars because they don't stop coming and I think you've sort of understood why most people hates it.
TL;DR It's bascially a worse (bigger, emptier) Kashan Desert.

Last edited by PeppeJ; 2017-03-17 at 17:00..

Tags
falklands, feedback, map, poxo is ghey