project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
19 Aug 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2016-12-01, 20:44   #1
agus92
Default The Falklands - Map Feedback

So let me start Falklands thread with the AA emplacements on Port Stanley. There are two autocannon AA very close to each other, and while manning the rear one (east), I TK'd twice the front one while shooting at ground targets, when it clearly looked like I could make the shot.

Don't know if that's an issue with hitboxes or I'm just a bad shot.
agus92 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-01, 23:24   #2
Vista
Default Re: Falklands

Get CAS or ALT+F4: the map
Vista is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-02, 00:07   #3
sunshine2241991

the map looks like some kind of test map . just a huge flat green block

-----------Ghost-------------

My sh1t Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJy..._a12QV_qaarCcQ
My Sh1tty Mixtapes : https://soundcloud.com/ghostidd
sunshine2241991 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-02, 00:28   #4
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine2241991 View Post
the map looks like some kind of test map . just a huge flat green block
The price you pay for an 8km map (and with a 3km VD), since normal BF2 terrain has to be disabled (which also means losing things like undergrowth, blending detail textures etc), but IMO its worth it.

In the future I do hope to improve a bit on the map quality, I'm hoping at attempting to hack in some undergrowth (grass etc) but I'm not sure how well that idea is going to work out in terms of both looks and performance, and right now it's just a theory in my head that may not even work at all, and then it also depends on if I have time to do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by agus92 View Post
So let me start Falklands thread with the AA emplacements on Port Stanley. There are two autocannon AA very close to each other, and while manning the rear one (east), I TK'd twice the front one while shooting at ground targets, when it clearly looked like I could make the shot.

Don't know if that's an issue with hitboxes or I'm just a bad shot.
the rounds come out of the barrels rather than the centre of the screen so if you aim too low, your rounds will hit the sandbags in front of you, even if your sight says your aiming just above them, since the sight is well above the barrels.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-02, 10:03   #5
agus92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
Get CAS or ALT+F4: the map
The night layout is very good as infantry, IMO.
Old 2016-12-02, 10:10   #6
agus92

Quote:
Originally Posted by '[R-DEV
Rhino;2151240]
the rounds come out of the barrels rather than the centre of the screen so if you aim too low, your rounds will hit the sandbags in front of you, even if your sight says your aiming just above them, since the sight is well above the barrels.
I see, thanks.
Old 2016-12-04, 01:52   #7
[R-DEV]​Rhino
Supporting Member

I'm wondering what your guys thoughts are on the single flag routes in the Standard and Alternative AAS layers, and has anyone played the Large AAS layer with the two flag routes in one as per the old version of PR:F and which do you guys prefer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by agus92 View Post
The night layout is very good as infantry, IMO.
Hence why all the ground battles during the war were fought at night, since there is very little for cover out their on the islands.

Old 2016-12-04, 22:17   #8
Brozef
Default Re: The Falklands - Map Feedback

There are no where near enough people on the ground for a 2 flag route. At least 15+ people on each side do cas or trans so for proper battles I think flags should be linear.
Brozef is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-05, 02:50   #9
[R-DEV]​Rhino
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brozef View Post
There are no where near enough people on the ground for a 2 flag route. At least 15+ people on each side do cas or trans so for proper battles I think flags should be linear.
It's actually around 8 players a side doing CAS (can be more or less depending on circumstances) and around only 2 chopper pilots a side (normally less), which leaves 40 infantry players aside (on a full server), since there is basically nothing in the way of APCs and Tanks you normally have taking up a lot of players.

Old 2016-12-06, 00:06   #10
Mully

The map would definitely be more useful as a 128 player map. Right now it just feels empty on a public server. Falklands would be better served as an event style map or a more condensed version. I appreciate that the developers were able to accurately recreate the Falklands Islands, but the amount of coordination and skill needed does not suit public play on a massive scale. Should the map get another look, the developers need to think about solely focusing on the eastern half of the islands with more detail for the public servers.
Mully is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
falklands, feedback, map, poxo is ghey