project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
18 Jul 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2016-12-04, 15:58   #161
anantdeathhawk

anantdeathhawk's Avatar
Default Re: Ask the PR:F Team a Question

In the spirit of Falklands, will there be maps like goose green? , say a "port Stanley" map in the future?
anantdeathhawk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-04, 20:07   #162
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Rhino's Avatar
Default Re: Ask the PR:F Team a Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantdeathhawk View Post
In the spirit of Falklands, will there be maps like goose green? , say a "port Stanley" map in the future?
That really depends on if anyone from the community is up for making them, although fyi, no ground battles where for in Stanley, the Argentines surrendered after the British took all the mountains to the west of it. Would by awesome to have a Mt. Tumbledown or w/e map thou



Rhino is offline
Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 2016-12-04 at 20:15..
Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-05, 00:30   #163
Rabbit

Rabbit's Avatar
Default Re: Ask the PR:F Team a Question

Is the frigate cake?

Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-05, 17:50   #164
SHADOWNET
Default Re: Ask the PR:F Team a Question

any plans to add BOT support for the other PR:F maps?
SHADOWNET is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-06, 03:46   #165
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Rhino's Avatar
Default Re: Ask the PR:F Team a Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Is the frigate cake?
shhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOWNET View Post
any plans to add BOT support for the other PR:F maps?
Our SP guys don't think its possible to give the main Falklands map bot support but no one has properly looked into it afaik.

One big problem with giving it is that bots can't land jets, let alone vertically land the Harrier so the jet combat will be somewhat odd

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-06, 16:05   #166
Lukas_17_cab
Default Re: Ask the PR:F Team a Question

Rhino are you going to put command and control mode on the map of Falkland Islands?

And could you put an Argentine aircraft carrier (ARA May 25) on the map? Maybe someone could model it and from there they could respawn some A4Q of the Argentine navy, and thus would be a faster way to reach the islands, obviously the aircraft carrier should be near the island...
Lukas_17_cab is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-08, 19:46   #167
LiamNL
Supporting Member

LiamNL's Avatar
Default Re: Ask the PR:F Team a Question

The carrier supported during the invasion, after that it went around the far north of the islands to try and encircle the british but failed to launch its aircraft because of wind and heavy payloads. Thus it didn't supply aircraft to the battle as the British have already landed on the west side. THe carrier was not in play during the fighting. It's aircraft were instead relocated to a airbase in Argentina from where we launch them in the game as well.

Other than the carrier not being in actual play during the war due to failure to launch it's aircraft it is also a hell of a job to make another static carrier just for the Falklands war, I mean the British carrier is used on more than just the Falklands and is mostly a heavily edited version of the already ingame Essex, whilst this ship would need a new model due to different appearances.

Also that the Argentines have a really long travel time to engage at the islands is meant to be as they had to travel a lot longer than the British to get there from their airbases on the mainland and is also used as a gameplay mechanic to alter the air conflicts. However they do start with a skyraider on the west island.
LiamNL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-09, 05:31   #168
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Rhino's Avatar
Default Re: Ask the PR:F Team a Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamNL View Post
The carrier supported during the invasion, after that it went around the far north of the islands to try and encircle the british but failed to launch its aircraft because of wind and heavy payloads. Thus it didn't supply aircraft to the battle as the British have already landed on the west side. THe carrier was not in play during the fighting. It's aircraft were instead relocated to a airbase in Argentina from where we launch them in the game as well.
Pretty much correct, although on top of that the carrier was also having engine trouble too iirc and the fear of a possible submarine attack after the sinking of the Belgrano meant the CTF turned and headed home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamNL View Post
Other than the carrier not being in actual play during the war due to failure to launch it's aircraft it is also a hell of a job to make another static carrier just for the Falklands war, I mean the British carrier is used on more than just the Falklands and is mostly a heavily edited version of the already ingame Essex, whilst this ship would need a new model due to different appearances.
I wouldn't call the Essex heavily edited, its really just the same Essex model but with the addition of a Ski Jump, not placing in the well deck and instead putting a cover over it, and some texture edits. In all it needs quite a few more edits like removal of the side lifts and a bunch of other things to make it pass off more for Invisible

Rhino is offline
Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 2016-12-09 at 06:25..
Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-09, 14:06   #169
LiamNL
Supporting Member

LiamNL's Avatar
Default Re: Ask the PR:F Team a Question

Haven't really looked at the invincible model in the game enough, I knew it was mostly derived from the essex but didn't know the ramp was the only change made.

Also Rhino, when the type 21 will be implemented, will that provide contributors with a framework on which to make ships easier to add to PR? For example my laze ass still has the concept of island combat with naval vessels.
LiamNL is offline
Last edited by LiamNL; 2016-12-09 at 14:23..
Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-09, 14:35   #170
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Rhino's Avatar
Default Re: Ask the PR:F Team a Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamNL View Post
Also Rhino, when the type 21 will be implemented, will that provide contributors with a framework on which to make ships easier to add to PR? For example my laze ass still has the concept of island combat with naval vessels.
No (unless any new ship uses one of the same weapons/systems, then that can be slapped on the new ship), as the hard part of making a ship, is the modelling and texturing side, the rest isn't really much different than making any other vehicle for PR.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
ask rhino a question, falklands, poxo is ghey, prf, prfalklands, question, team
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 19:30.