project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
25 Aug 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2018-07-13, 14:36   #11
DogACTUAL

Default Re: State of AA

Wow this sounds cool and has a lot of potential to deliver an awesome AA/flare system. I am also interested in at least trying this. Where does a total nub that never used this language start?

Not only did the DEVs totally throw off the CAS/AA balance and make TOWs useless against tanks, no that was not enough. They also had to introduce their most controversial change yet, a 16 character limit on player names.
------------------
''Mats literally does not give a single fuck what you, me or everybody else thinks the game should be like. He doesn't care if you, me or everybody else plays the game even.'' - Frontliner
Last edited by DogACTUAL; 2018-07-13 at 14:45..
Old 2018-07-13, 15:02   #12
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer

You don't.

I'll discuss it with some people internally and then if we find someone willing to work on it. I really don't have time for more tasks.
AlonTavor is online now Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-13, 22:56   #13
lakinen

Maybe I'm wrong,but...
By the way, one question.Does this always happen, or has it started from the last update?

Last edited by lakinen; 2019-07-04 at 15:14.. Reason: Deleting
Old 2018-07-14, 00:03   #14
[R-DEV]​Rhino
Supporting Member

I doubt the missile used has that much impact on it since they all use the same tracking logic. The only real difference would be the speed and turn rate of the missiles but they are more or less the same for the most part and the speed of the aircraft would probably play a bigger factor than the speed of the missile, other than possibly missiles like the Starstreak which are super fast.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-14, 03:28   #15
lakinen

close range with rackets.

Last edited by lakinen; 2019-07-04 at 15:16.. Reason: Deleting
Old 2018-07-14, 09:35   #16
CAS_ual_TY
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakinen View Post
By the way, one question.Does this always happen, or has it started from the last update?
Well, afaik the flares "distraction" towards missiles was made a bit weaker (might be wrong here), but to balance it they were supposed to explode on flares. This definitely would have made jets and helis more skillful, as you would have to know how to utilise your flares and their launchers (are they launching up? down? side?) correctly for maximum survival.

And it seems to work, on the client side atleast. Missiles do go for flares relatively often (I would say less than before the update) and seem to explode on flares. But jets die afterwards anyways often, by missiles. So they seem to explode on a flare, but actually they go through the flare (exploding there and becoming invisible) and then redirect onto the next target and kill it.

Redirects happened before the update, too. Pretty often even. I once sniped a friendly jet 1.3km away from me with a missile going for an enemy jet. Which is another of those weird cases. The enemy jet started burning, yet I also hit a friendly jet far behind him. All with one missile.

The best thing would be to test if missiles behave that way in vanilla BF2 already, I guess.

(everything here reflects my personal experience with AA and such, DEVs might have a different point)

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-14, 10:22   #17
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor

Redirects are an intended vanilla feature.

The rest are shit dice code.
AlonTavor is online now Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-14, 14:39   #18
lakinen

-If someone has time to test, let him try with several different AA systems(not counting on the map

Last edited by lakinen; 2019-07-04 at 15:16.. Reason: Deleting
Old 2018-07-14, 15:10   #19
DogACTUAL

Once again you are way out of your depth here. Even before i made the video me and others did extensive testing on multiple maps with multiple AA systems and jets and let me tell you the result is the same as in my video everywhere with every system type.

Your defintion of active and passive guidance is wrong too and reads like you just made something up that you assumed must be true.

I don't understand why you suddenly claim khami is not a good map for testing? Anyway like i said we tested this on basically every major jet map and one map specifically made for testing with 3km view distance.

Also, if you had read the changelogs you would know that the visual HUD indicator was removed from all AA emplacements, only the audio cue is still there, it doens't have anything to do with the map.

I would assume the flare settings are the culprit here (your info about jets and helicopters using different flares is very telling), but i still don't understand exactly what makes emplaments and AAVs behave differently, meaning pre-flaring is somewhat effective against emplacements trying to shoot through flares while AAVs can just shoot and hit any jet regardless of any kind of pre-flaring being done.

Not only did the DEVs totally throw off the CAS/AA balance and make TOWs useless against tanks, no that was not enough. They also had to introduce their most controversial change yet, a 16 character limit on player names.
------------------
''Mats literally does not give a single fuck what you, me or everybody else thinks the game should be like. He doesn't care if you, me or everybody else plays the game even.'' - Frontliner
Last edited by DogACTUAL; 2018-07-14 at 15:15..
Old 2018-07-14, 17:03   #20
lakinen

But I give up, I will no longer interfere with this topic.

Last edited by lakinen; 2019-07-04 at 15:15.. Reason: Deleting

Tags
state