project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 12-15-2009, 02:15 PM   #11
BreepZz

Default Re: Bigger explosion when cash destroyed

Of course they blow it up! Just watch some vids...
Incendiary grenade sucks too... What about a C4 to blow HMG, cache etc... I'm definitively thinking that a bigger explosion is very more realistic, just be logical
BreepZz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:07 PM   #12
Herbiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreepZz View Post
Of course they blow it up! Just watch some vids...
Incendiary grenade sucks too... What about a C4 to blow HMG, cache etc... I'm definitively thinking that a bigger explosion is very more realistic, just be logical
Dude they don't blow it up then and there.... they A) Want to know how much they've got (Boasting rights) and B) Need to make sure the explosion is controlled. Just watch some vids of the troops piling munitions up outside....

Herbiie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:18 PM   #13
Tarantula

maybe one of the cache's should be like a "mega cache" which can only be blown with C4 and has a large explosion, everyone's happy and its like a full team sized job.

Ingame name: OfficerJamesPrice

"Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you can always hit him with it"
Tarantula is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:54 PM   #14
Tofurkeymeister

I liked it back in 0.7 when C4 was used to destroy caches. It had an urgent feel to it.

SL: "Where is the ENGINEER?!"

ENG: "COMING"

*Engineer gets shot, everyone massacred*
Tofurkeymeister is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:15 PM   #15
BreepZz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbiie View Post
Dude they don't blow it up then and there.... they A) Want to know how much they've got (Boasting rights) and B) Need to make sure the explosion is controlled. Just watch some vids of the troops piling munitions up outside....

Obviously they take the weapons to blow it up in other place.... I knew it
Old 12-15-2009, 09:48 PM   #16
gaurd502

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
orly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilNBaySQ6us
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZN0l2f8kSQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deTd_...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgUCyI5DhEQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-YUeibQ9VI

im pretty sure blowing up caches is EXACTLY what they do. Ill leave it to some of the serving, experienced soldiers to confirm as im not military nor EOD. but as the videos show, im pretty sure blowing up and disposing of weapons is what they do.

It would be good if in game we could move the cache, and have a "EOD" squad come a blow it up but it wouldn't be practical or needed so the current system will do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
in r/l when a cache is found, most of the time the weapons are disposed of in a controlled explosion (ie, shoved into a hole and destroyed or taken back to base, so adding a bigger explosion with RPG flying out etc would be much more unrealistic than what we have now...

Those look pretty controlled to me and not like they just run in set em off and get out. I think it is fine how it is.

Sergeant First Class Guardian
Assistent Squad Leader
1st Squad, 1st Plt, A Company, 1st Bat
508th Parachute Infantry Regiment
US Army
1-1PLT/A/1B/508
gaurd502 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:05 PM   #17
Aimed

i was just thinking, why not get rid of the explosion all together and make it so the cache has to be kind of drained by the squads.( not sure if possible but)

make it so when a squad finds a cache make it so instead of blowing it up, either a sl or engineer have to go to the cache and make it so they can request a EOD kit (only the sl or engi can do this) and this kit only has a ammo box that they then have to take to a supply truck and throw it into the back of the supply truck (not sure if this is possible, unless you make another vehicle that can only be re armed by these ammo boxes, like a bomb disposal truck) then the sl/engi has to make 3 trips back and forward to the truck and cache and once thats done the cache disappears.

so this would promote teamwork as whilst the sl/engi does this the rest of the squad has to protect them and set up a defensive perimeter around the cache and truck, then when the cache is gone and the truck is full the truck has to be taken back to main to unload

im just spitballing btw and thought of this off the top of my head lol
Aimed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:46 AM   #18
chilean

That would be great!
chilean is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:03 PM   #19
chilean

i dont think so because the time between throwing the incendiary and running away its not enough if they setup a bigger explosion .
chilean is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:00 PM   #20
BreepZz

Just make incendiary longer... No probs.

Tags
bigger, cache, cash, destroyed, explosion