project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
21 Aug 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 10:51 AM   #1
crazyivan
Default Fixed HAT deployable at FB instead of deployable HMG?

How about this?

Just seems that the HMG is not that effective at actually defending FB's. Frustration often arises over the long start up time of the weapon. Also the iron sights don't do the powerful weapon justice, the incorporation of a scope or just a similar type of zoom to which 50. cals on vehicles seem to have may improve this. When attacking a firebase it seems very rare to find the HMG hindering an attack instead troops guarding in less obvious positions, with weapons that can zoom, seem to be more efficient. FB's also seem very exposed to attacks from armored vehicles-

Maybe completely replacing the deployable HMG with a deployable HAT (just one asset instead of 2) could solve this. Limitation in terms of ammo may need to be stringent in order to reduce the use of the HAT round against enemy personnel. Or in the best or worlds this could be solved by making the deployable HAT a javelin missile system which only fires after a lock on (therefore completely cutting its use against personnel). The vertical strike would also make it very effective I'm sure! I hope this hasn't already been suggested countless times, I couldn't find a deployable HAT on the list though- please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:15 PM   #2
Pursketuli [FIN]
Default Re: Fixed HAT deployable at FB instead of deployable HMG?

This is suggested so many times and I think someone is creating this?
Old 12-16-2009, 01:29 PM   #3
HellDuke

Do a search and check the ASS list is not the same thing. First you check the ASS list and if you don't find what you want to suggest it there use the search to find the same thing... It has been suggested and discused enough...
Old 12-16-2009, 01:40 PM   #4
crazyivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellDuke View Post
Do a search and check the ASS list is not the same thing. First you check the ASS list and if you don't find what you want to suggest it there use the search to find the same thing... It has been suggested and discused enough...
sweet cheers man, good news if its already being developed.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:08 PM   #5
Elektro

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyivan View Post
sweet cheers man, good news if its already being developed.
not exactly

Old 12-16-2009, 02:10 PM   #6
rampo

Send a message via MSN to rampo

I think this thing was pretty much killed when i suggested something like this

Old 12-16-2009, 02:39 PM   #7
chilean

JUst leave the MG's i think they are better i use them a lot in barracuda to take out choppers
Old 12-16-2009, 03:28 PM   #8
killonsight95
Supporting Member

already suggested why not just have limit of 2 HMG's and 1 TOW fi you use 1 TOW then you can only place one more HMG is this possible? this would be like foxholes etc.?
Old 12-16-2009, 03:33 PM   #9
Kain888
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]fuzzhead View Post
The "foxholes" are now much larger, easier to get in and out and offer more protection.

Trenches wont really work with BF2 engine, we cannot dig into the ground it has to go on top unfortunately.

We do plan to add fixed TOW and Mortar positions as part of the deployables, but might not make it into v0.9.

We also do plan on changing the firebase model to be more covert, as well as providing a bit more protection.

We wont be adding things like hesco as part of deployables, as the idea is that these positions are fairly temporary and constructed by individual soldiers, hesco being fairly permanent and a bit more time consuming to setup.
From other thread.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:03 PM   #10
[R-MOD]Saobh
Forum Moderator

annnnnnnnnnnnnnd ... locked

The only acceptable 'Lone Wolf' you'll be allowed to play : http://www.projectaon.org/en/Main/Home

Closed Thread

Tags
deployable, fixed, hat, hmg