project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
26 Jun 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2017-08-16, 21:04   #1921
jerkzilla

Default Re: Game of Thrones (TV Series) [SPOILERS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77SiCaRiO77 View Post
doesnt work like that. You need a white walker to (on pruporse) reanimate the body. In the books, Jon Snow puts 2 wildlings bodys in "ice cells" beneath The wall and puts guards waiting for the reanimation, but it never happens.
Bummer.

This signature is here due to lack of imagination.
jerkzilla is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-21, 09:29   #1922
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-21, 10:36   #1923
Xander[nl]
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Xander[nl]

Now where did they find four huge ass chains up in the north

It was a kinda cool episode but everything that happened was SO convenient it felt like a Disney movie.

Xander[nl] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-21, 11:42   #1924
chupachup

It's all a bit ridiculous and a little embarrassing how lost the writers are without George.
chupachup is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-21, 14:36   #1925
[R-CON]​mectus11
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chupachup View Post
It's all a bit ridiculous and a little embarrassing how lost the writers are without George.
D&D were hired to adapt the books not to write shit up from Scratch, the blalme for on GRRM not finishing the book before they got here.

There was a pre-production deal in 2007 that GRRM would have the next book written and the outline for the last one done at this point.

This show has done many great things without the budget they currently have, there's movies out there with way bigger budgets and they sucked but this TV show keeps getting better imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander[nl] View Post
Now where did they find four huge ass chains up in the north

It was a kinda cool episode but everything that happened was SO convenient it felt like a Disney movie.

How they got the chains? There's a chain ferry next to them and that's how they got the chains.

I agree with everything being so convenient, with a smaller season they probably had to make things go quicker after we got used to the slow pace and character building of the earlier seasons.

Anyway good episode, can't wait for the finale.

https://gfycat.com/JealousDefensiveGartersnake

Last edited by mectus11; 2017-08-21 at 14:56..
Old 2017-08-21, 16:17   #1926
Xander[nl]
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Xander[nl]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mectus11 View Post
How they got the chains? There's a chain ferry next to them and that's how they got the chains.
Oh, plausible I guess. But again it's *very* convenient there happens to be a chain ferry at this random lake in the middle of no man's land. Just as convenient as Danny arriving just in time to save them all and then Benjen coming just in time for Jon after it was so convenient that the ice broke all around their little island.

I get it that the show is nearing its ending and that the game of thrones of the first seasons (plots and politics) has been replaced by action but I hope for the finale and the last season that there's no more of this Disney heroes stuff.

Last edited by Xander[nl]; 2017-08-21 at 16:22..
Old 2017-08-21, 20:42   #1927
burghUK

I think you're all being a bit too picky about what is unarguably one of the best shows on TV right now and definitely the biggest in terms of scale.
burghUK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-22, 00:53   #1928
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander[nl] View Post
Oh, plausible I guess. But again it's *very* convenient there happens to be a chain ferry at this random lake in the middle of no man's land. Just as convenient as Danny arriving just in time to save them all and then Benjen coming just in time for Jon after it was so convenient that the ice broke all around their little island.

I get it that the show is nearing its ending and that the game of thrones of the first seasons (plots and politics) has been replaced by action but I hope for the finale and the last season that there's no more of this Disney heroes stuff.
maybe the night king wanted Danny to be there. Maybe he had everything in place to capture a dragon . Maybe he didnt killed drogon because he wants Danny to live to be his night queen.

My only issue right now is the time it takes everythin to happen. Jon and his crew must have been at least 3 weeks surounded in that ice lake.
77SiCaRiO77 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-22, 05:23   #1929
[R-DEV]​AfterDune
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77SiCaRiO77 View Post
My only issue right now is the time it takes everythin to happen. Jon and his crew must have been at least 3 weeks surounded in that ice lake.
That's my only issue as well. First some guy has to run back to the wall to send a Raven, then Danny has to fly aaaaaall the way over there.. that would indeed take weeks.

It doesn't bother me much, but that's just a bit meh. Other than that, great episode. I don't really judge a single episode, the big(ger) picture is awesome.

Too bad there's only one episode left and we have to wait yet another year .

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-22, 07:59   #1930
chupachup

So the idea was to gain the sympathy of someone who has no sympathy (and limited usefulness having just lost the majority of her army) by going on an extremely dangerous time consuming mission ("we have no time for this" -t Jon) to capture a wight as some sort of evidence that almost unkillable nightkings exist and that a millionbillion of these wights are marching on Westeros.
Somehow they end up on an island surrounded by brittle ice, and the white walkers just decide to surround with wights and wait it out (despite being, yknow, ice creatures who can create ice and of whom it is rumored they are the ones who built the Wall). Luckily firejesus arrives (just in time!!!!!!!!!) on her dragons to rescue icejesus by napalmbombing the wights, after which we see the true reason of why all of this happened: The Nightking kills a dragon and thus gains an icedragon.
Then we have a sequence in which we see someone of who we know is unkillable for the remainder of the show (almost!!!!!!!!!!!!!) die, when his longlost uncle benjen arrives (just in time!!!!!!!!!!!!) to save icejesus once again.

Great storytelling.
chupachup is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
>, game, hold the door, ogre says nerds, poxo is ghey, series, spoilers, they all die, thrones