project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
16 Jun 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

Old 2019-05-11, 10:22   #21
[R-CON]​Suchar
PR:BF2 Contributor
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Moderator

Default Re: legality of pr no trolling please

oh... I thought I said it in another thread.
Anyway, I'd say there is nothing to worry about.
We don't distribute copies of their game clients. PR has some files from BF2 but you are not able to play BF2 after downloading PR - so the situation here is slightly different.

Quote:
Dear [REDACTED],

I write on behalf of Electronic Arts Inc. and its development studio DICE or, in other words, "those guys that make Battlefield."

We've noticed that Revive Network has several projects and websites devoted to being a Medic by "reviving" older Battlefield games, including Battlefield Heroes, Battlefield 2, and Battlefield 2142. It's great to see your enthusiasm for these titles. Not to brag, but we too get the nostalgia chills when booting up these classic entries in the Battlefield franchise.

We need a favor though: we must ask that you stop throwing down Ammo Crates. In other, more legal-styled terms, please stop distributing copies of our game clients and using our trademarks, logos, and artwork on your sites. Thing is, your websites may easily mislead visitors to believe that you are associated or affiliated with EA - we're the only ones that get to wear the "Official EA" dog tag. Since you're Battlefield community members, we know that you are smart and helpful, and will respect that we must protect our intellectual property rights in the franchise.

Please drop us a line to let us know you're on board with this. Should you have any questions regarding all this, please do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail at [REDACTED]@ea.com.

Thanks,

[REDACTED]
IP Counsel
Electronic Arts Inc.

Sent at: Oct 24, 2017, 06:03 UTC

prta is known for his lack of "authority" on cheaters, your server your rules if you want to close an eye on him do so ~ A guy (who was proven to be a cheater next day) right after reporting another cheater
Old 2019-05-11, 13:34   #22
zido

different that we cant get sued ? also wasnt there a law that says after certain amount of time dead multiplayer games are available to be used ?
Old 2019-05-12, 07:56   #23
triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by SucharMistrz View Post
oh... I thought I said it in another thread.
Anyway, I'd say there is nothing to worry about.
We don't distribute copies of their game clients. PR has some files from BF2 but you are not able to play BF2 after downloading PR - so the situation here is slightly different.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. PR is literally distributing all BF2 binaries and without them you'd be unable to run the mod. Not to mention a lot of those binaries have been edited which is another infraction in the eyes of intellectual proprety.

So it is a copy of the game client, just with different icons and names, but 98% of the files signatures remain the same as the original ones. We're just walking on thin ice at the moment.
Old 2019-05-12, 11:47   #24
zido

now i am confused
Old 2019-05-12, 14:45   #25
zido

also can anyone tells me why it said here using cryengine ?
https://www.gameskinny.com/tpt7x/bat...standalone-f2p
Old 2019-05-12, 14:48   #26
ALADE3N

Quote:
Originally Posted by zido View Post
also can anyone tells me why it said here using cryengine ?
https://www.gameskinny.com/tpt7x/bat...standalone-f2p
Its talking about Arma II

Old 2019-05-12, 15:02   #27
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALADE3N View Post
Its talking about Arma II
No its talking about *shudders* PR2.

Old 2019-05-12, 15:19   #28
ALADE3N