project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
26 Jun 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2018-02-10, 10:48   #41
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Default Re: Project Reality Mapviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Senshi View Post
Now that the official map gallery has received its massive overhaul and has implemented most of the ideas my implementation has, is there anything you guys miss in the new one that mine had or did better? If so, what?

If the new gallery fulfills all your needs, we'll probably take down the mapviewer entirely. Saves on server space, and keeps everything a bit more centralized. If it's minor things, we can maybe port them to the new gallery before getting rid of the old.
Yours is easier to quickly get the map you want. (the images are smaller, they don't need to be that big). You can also search.

The ease of use is about the same.

But your asset list is a little more annoying. (You can't see the assets side by side.)

I'm still missing rcon commands for both versions.

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-10, 12:01   #42
CAS_ual_TY
PR Server License Administrator

Would be nice to see initial spawn/rally points + spawn limit on them + timeout

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-11, 08:03   #43
[R-DEV]​Senshi
PR:BF2 Developer

Rcon commands as in showing the vehicle code? That'd be the easiest thing to do, as the codes are used internally all the time anyway .

Images being smaller: I converted the map tiles to jpg (~5kb per tile), the new gallery uses PNG (~180kb per tile). Some prefer less bandwidth consumption, others have complained about the small level of artifacts introduced. I guess there's no pleasing everyone here, but feel free to discuss the pro and cons here! Personally, I favor tiny tiles, because I never notice the jpg artifacts on the map tiles anyway.

Showing "fixed" spawn points is possible, but those don't expire anyway. Showing RP spawn points doesn't work, because they have a fixed number of spawns attached to them (each of them has ten possible spawn locations). Expiry of them (spawn limit) is handled by some python, I think

For suggestions on improvements, best way to get them remembered is posting them here:
https://github.com/realitymod/PRGallery

I think it's clear that we don't need two map viewers and most of the suggestions are minor. I'll shift attention to helping the new gallery with adding some features. The code base it uses is much more sanitized and up to date.

Senshi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-14, 14:42   #44
parch
Supporting Member

Great job as always!
I miss the thin "keypad grid". It's how we perceive the map in-game and something seems off without it.
I think smaller tiles for map selection would work better well.

parch is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-15, 12:13   #45
[R-DEV]​Senshi

keypad grid has already been implemented and will soon(tm) be deployed .

To stay up to date and make suggestions, I really recommend
https://github.com/realitymod/PRGallery/issues

Map selection: I kind of agree. While the big tiles are nice, they take up a lot of space. Personally, I also have an easier time identifying a map using its minimap than the "scenic" loading screens. I find myself having to actually read the map names to find the right one.

Old 2018-03-24, 19:03   #46
[R-DEV]​Senshi

Updated again (already live).
  • When hovering over icons on the map, the correlating vehicle lights up on the asset panel (and vice versa). Also, the vehicle name will appear as a tooltip when hovering.
  • Tuned color schemes for routes as well as how flag radius and DoDs are rendered (now with subtle outline).
  • Clicking on vehicles in the asset panel will jump to that vehicle in the map. If multiple vehicles are clumped in the asset panel (which happens when two vehicles share the same parameters, such as spawn times), each click iterates to the next one

Next on to-do : Show popups for flags again (detailed info with time-to-cap, AAS route peculiarities (e.g. double flags), etc.), as well as general "advanced mode" for mappers and powerusers (show codenames for vehicles/flags and lots more nerd info).

Old 2018-03-24, 19:20   #47
CAS_ual_TY

Nice update!

Spawn/Mapper placed rally points would be nice

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
mapviewer, project, reality