project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
18 Jun 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2015-05-31, 15:20   #1
Souls Of Mischief

Default Critical Error: An unhandled exception has occured.

Gotten this error two times. Don't quite remember how I got it initially, but the 2nd error occurred when I was alt-tabbed.

Code:
Project Reality Log File
PRLauncher.exe started at: 2015-05-31T15:05:05

Critical Error: An unhandled exception has occured. Details are as follows:

The process cannot access the file 'D:\User\Documents\ProjectReality\Profiles\0001\Video.con' because it is being used by another process.

Further details can be found in the following file:

D:\User\Downloads\Games\mods\pr\bin\PRLauncher.log

Please report this error to the Project Reality Team, and include the log file in your report.

Visit Support Forum

> System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'D:\User\Documents\ProjectReality\Profiles\0001\Video.con' because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)
   at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding)
   at Reality.BF2.Console.ConUtils.GetValue(String a, String b, String& c, Encoding d, Boolean stripQuotes, Boolean allowEmpty)
   at Reality.BF2.Settings.Video.GetResolution(UInt16 a)
   at Reality.BF2.Settings.Video.GetAspectRatio(UInt16 a)
   at Ca.a(UInt16 a)
   at Ca.a(Object a, FileSystemEventArgs b)
   at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.CompletionStatusChanged(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* overlappedPointer)
   at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)

What do?

http://imageshack.us/a/img585/3971/r0mg.jpg
Souls Of Mischief is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-31, 15:23   #2
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Critical Error: An unhandled exception has occured.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27...0-5-steps.html

Can you look in there please and see if anything helps you?Report back please You aren't the only one.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-31, 21:24   #3
xact

I also got twice today. Now I noticed all the files in my profiles directory were read-only; I removed that attribute and will see if the error recurs...

xact is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-01, 01:52   #4
[R-DEV]​LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Supporting Member

So yeah, it's a Read Only attribute you need to fix:

LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-01, 06:25   #5
Snowman11

I've got the exact same problem.
This is my logs

Code:
Project Reality Log File
PRLauncher.exe started at: 2015-06-01T07:46:15

The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Visser\Documents\ProjectReality\Profiles\0001\Video.con' because it is being used by another process.

C:\Program Files\Project Reality\Pro...PRLauncher.log

Please report this error to the Project Reality Team, and include the log file in your report.

Visit Support Forum

> System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Visser\Documents\ProjectReality\Profiles\0001\Video.con' because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
   at Reality.BF2.Console.ConUtils.GetValue(String a, String b, String& c, Encoding d, Boolean stripQuotes, Boolean allowEmpty)
   at Reality.BF2.Console.ConUtils.GetValue(String a, String b, String& c, Boolean stripQuotes, Boolean allowEmpty)
   at Ca.a(UInt16 a)
   at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.OnChanged(FileSystemEventArgs e)
   at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.NotifyFileSystemEventArgs(Int32 action, String name)
   at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.CompletionStatusChanged(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* overlappedPointer)
   at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)
Snowman11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-01, 08:51   #6
Souls Of Mischief

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]LITOralis.nMd View Post
So yeah, it's a Read Only attribute you need to fix:

Could you be more explicit?

Fix Read Only attribute of this directory "D:\User\Documents\ProjectReality\Profiles\000 1"?

Since I'm technologically illiterate, how do you fix it exactly?

http://imageshack.us/a/img585/3971/r0mg.jpg
Souls Of Mischief is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-02, 18:09   #7
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

All you to make sure is that the files inside the profiles folder aren't set to read only(otherwise pr can't change them if needed).

For this you can work in different ways. You can change the video.con file to not be read only. Or the folder that video.con is in. Or the folder that contains that folder and so on and so on. I suggest setting the permissions of the entire project reality folder in my documents to make sure they can be write to.

Windows 7 Take Ownership & Grant Permissions to Access Files & Folder
How to Enable Special Permissions to Access Application Data Folders | eHow

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-02, 18:25   #8
T_Simmons

Just gonna leave this here like PR told me to

Code:
Project Reality Log File
PRLauncher.exe started at: 2015-06-02T10:22:16

The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\tim\Documents\ProjectReality\Profiles\0001\Video.con' because it is being used by another process.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Project Reali...PRLauncher.log

Visit Support Forum

> System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\tim\Documents\ProjectReality\Profiles\0001\Video.con' because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)
   at Ca.a(UInt16 a)
T_Simmons is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-02, 19:29   #9
pdxmark

That did not help. The explanations linked did not allow permission changes.

Shoot me an email when the .rar is fixed allowing the game to work correctly so I can play again.

Thanks for the awesome game!
pdxmark is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-02, 11:48   #10
RENEGADO
Unhappy Re: Critical Error: An unhandled exception has occured.

I'm having the same problem, can you send me this files too ?
RENEGADO is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
critical, error, exception, occured, unhandled