project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Jun 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2018-09-21, 14:18   #2401
[R-DEV]​AfterDune
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Ask the [DEV]s a (?) - Part 2

Sangin is still being worked on, believe it or not .

Ranky's a hard worker, but has a fulltime job, wife and kids, so is quite busy (this sounds so familiar to me ). Anyway, as far as I know he's still working on some compounds. When that's done, he's replaced all compounds on the map. I don't know what else needs work, I'm sure there's still plenty of things to do, details to add, etc.

We're all still very excited about this map and hope to see it in PR at some point .

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-21, 16:15   #2402
saXoni
Supporting Member

The flag "Cutoff Platoon" on Ia Drang implies there's a platoon wearing cutoffs, not a cut off platoon. Can you correct it?
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-21, 16:54   #2403
DogACTUAL

LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE

Not only did the DEVs totally throw off the CAS/AA balance and make TOWs useless against tanks, no that was not enough. They also had to introduce their most controversial change yet, a 16 character limit on player names.
------------------
''Mats literally does not give a single fuck what you, me or everybody else thinks the game should be like. He doesn't care if you, me or everybody else plays the game even.'' - Frontliner
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-21, 18:00   #2404
[R-DEV]​Dr Rank
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterDune View Post
Sangin is still being worked on, believe it or not .

Ranky's a hard worker, but has a fulltime job, wife and kids, so is quite busy (this sounds so familiar to me ). Anyway, as far as I know he's still working on some compounds. When that's done, he's replaced all compounds on the map. I don't know what else needs work, I'm sure there's still plenty of things to do, details to add, etc.

We're all still very excited about this map and hope to see it in PR at some point .
Thanks AD

All the compounds have been roughed out:

I'm currently in the process of adding detail to them all (and slightly regretting making so many!). The red area below indicates the compounds that have been fully detailed:

Once I've finished those it's just little details like cables, getting replacement fields made and switched in (won't take long to switch in once they're made), gamemodes (I'll need some custom stuff coded for that which I'll be talking to the team about soon) then playtesting, lightmaps and release. Won't be this year I'm afraid. As AD has said, I'm pretty damn busy these days, but hopefully sometime early next year we should begin testing. That's subject so a whole lot of things, but fingers crossed...

Last edited by Dr Rank; 2019-03-23 at 23:30..
Old 2018-09-22, 00:52   #2405
[R-DEV]Max_
PR:BF2 Lead QA
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

As for Musa Qala, compounds aren't finished,

Stuff I'd like to do, I doubt the final version will have as many compounds as I'd like, due to performance issues in some areas and would take a way longer. My main goal is to finish the unfinished areas and hide the ISAF base behind some small hills, optimize performance.

Then pretty much the same as Ranky, add cables, roadside ditches, more details.
Early dark morning layer.

Still need to work on the interior statics for those new afghan buildings.
Also need custom stuff coded to automate building template replacement, interior placement and cache placement.

Sangin is better.

Spyker2041: "Just found out that my "9 month" deployment to the Falklands just turned into a 19 month one..."
Mats391: "When admins set LRG instead of STD."
Max_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-22, 07:23   #2406
[R-DEV]​Dr Rank
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_ View Post
As for Musa Qala, compounds aren't finished,

Stuff I'd like to do, I doubt the final version will have as many compounds as I'd like, due to performance issues in some areas and would take a way longer. My main goal is to finish the unfinished areas and hide the ISAF base behind some small hills, optimize performance.

Then pretty much the same as Ranky, add cables, roadside ditches, more details.
Early dark morning layer.

Still need to work on the interior statics for those new afghan buildings.
Also need custom stuff coded to automate building template replacement, interior placement and cache placement.

Sangin is better.
Mate that looks awesome! I can't wait to have a go on that! The river looks ace! You could probably get away with a few less compounds than you're currently planning, like half the number, then get it into testing and see if it really needs any more/if you want to put any more in? Obviously it's your map so all up to you, I just want to play on it!

It looks very, very cool

Last edited by Dr Rank; 2018-09-22 at 07:30..
Old 2018-09-22, 08:50   #2407
Raidonrai

Musa Qala #1 dirtbike jump map
Raidonrai is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-22, 11:11   #2408
[R-DEV]​AfterDune
Supporting Member

Get both maps in the beta program asap!

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-22, 11:40   #2409
Heavy Death

You both are pretty sick in the head. Can't wait to play both.

Also pls leave your wives and throw kids in the trash, keep the day job, you have to eat afterall.

Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-23, 07:49   #2410
solidfire93

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterDune View Post
Get both maps in the beta program asap!
yes please, i really enjoyed Musa Qala on it's first test.
solidfire93 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
base balls, devs, hotfix, part, shot, wounded