project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
18 Jun 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2019-01-12, 00:00   #11
Grump/Gump.45
Default Re: Foxholes being mortar proof

[QUOTE=Filamu;2192399]So we have all been on forest and hill maps where we build foxholes only to get mortared.
Instead of providing cover the foxholes themselves explode and leave us without cover.

This is fine for other assets, but it would be fairly nice if the foxholes could survive this, at least more. Of course if you get hit behind or inside you will die, but now these simulations of holes in the ground, blow up so easily. I think they should survive most bombardment, just as small wooden houses do."

To begin, if you hug the wall of a foxhole just out of angle of entrance explosion cant get you. If you line your body up with foxhole turrets while crouching, explosives cant get you nor can bullets except from way you are looking. If you dig as mortars come down then it solves issue. Would be nice to not dig but gotta maintain everything
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-15, 14:15   #12
Menuen

[QUOTE=Grump/Gump.45;2193885]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filamu View Post
So we have all been on forest and hill maps where we build foxholes only to get mortared.
Instead of providing cover the foxholes themselves explode and leave us without cover.

This is fine for other assets, but it would be fairly nice if the foxholes could survive this, at least more. Of course if you get hit behind or inside you will die, but now these simulations of holes in the ground, blow up so easily. I think they should survive most bombardment, just as small wooden houses do."

To begin, if you hug the wall of a foxhole just out of angle of entrance explosion cant get you. If you line your body up with foxhole turrets while crouching, explosives cant get you nor can bullets except from way you are looking. If you dig as mortars come down then it solves issue. Would be nice to not dig but gotta maintain everything
There is a tip for you. Jump with your friend into the foxhole take out shovel and dig it up.

Also I don't think it's possible to make foxoles more resistant to only mortars rounds. Every construction in PR have health and every shot has normal, splash and penetration dmg. If you make round weaker it's gonna be weaker for every deployable thing. Correct me if I'm wrong
Menuen is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-15, 15:51   #13
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

You are wrong. Materials should be looked at like a table. All options being both rows and columns. So you can definitely make unique materials for specific objects vs specific projectiles.

Anyway as mats says for the foxholes it is indeed a bug.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-15, 17:47   #14
lakinen

Quote:
Foxholes are meant to be mortar and even artillery proof, but I noticed that they currently even get destroyed by hand grenades. Something broke.
Foxholes as any other deploy assets(mg nest,FOB) can be destroyed by mortar impact round,that's logical.You can even destroy FOB inside bunker.PRX(Air burst) destroying hostile living forces(explode in the air).HE shell something in the middle.Anyone who plays for a little longer with mortars when he shoot combines this two.IM+PRX=deadly which is real.

As for the hand grenade,the only grenade that can destroy FOB(MG nest,foxholes..) Insurgents grenade RKG-3 Anti-Tank Grenade,As I recall, it takes at least 3 to hit to dest FOB,that's logical. So no bug.

The only thing I noticed someone deleted points for dest enemy FOBs.
And one more suggestions,map owners(creators) should do something with pontoon bridges to put them into service of game play,not for decorating.Which means if the bridge can be destroyed, it is logical that it can be next to it pontoon bridge..... (It's a shame not to use this good creator thing in game).

greeting

There's no real flame on your screen, it's just magic

lakinen is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-14, 21:22   #15
Psyko

If this gets fixed, maybe make mortars a little bit stronger to compensate?
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-05, 20:19   #16
UncleSmek

this needs to be looked into.

Have been using more foxholes lately and I realize that it could be very useful..
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-05, 20:20   #17
UncleSmek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyko View Post
If this gets fixed, maybe make mortars a little bit stronger to compensate?
This would be very logical
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
foxholes, mortar, proof