project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
31 Mar 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2015-10-20, 20:01   #61
plamko

Default Re: Project Reality: BF2 v1.3.5 Announced!

To [R-DEV]Mineral
sry it is my mistake thermal is not the same as night
But i have one great appeal - if there is a way to add option to play on local in coop mode without and admins files downloaded. It will be easier to get used to the game - and you can also choose the side and have fun only with your friends without worrying about being kicked away from the server for doing sth stupid !
Old 2015-10-20, 22:37   #62
BlueBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cossack View Post
None of players that I play with have such issue.
Don't you think it is a little asinine to point out that you don't know anyone with this issue? So essentially, there is no issue as it doesn't affect you or your buddies? I have been a loyal PR player for over eight years now, with a great deal of PC tech and IT experience. If I'm baffled, it's a real issue, because I have exhausted all avenues to fix it and have established that it is not an ISP issue. Look at this forum thread, which has been running since June, with no Dev input to see the impact it is having on a great deal of players.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27...on-server.html

This is a community based game and we need to attract and maintain good numbers to keep us rolling into Squad, with a solid fan base. These issues may seem trivial to those that don't have any issues occurring, but getting Dev input to resolve these types of issues is what keeps people coming back. Don't get me wrong, I live PR more than any game on the market, and I think the Devs here are top shelf, but I am greatly disappointed in the lack of input on this obviously widespread issue.
Old 2015-10-20, 22:42   #63
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Given not a single non-american reported in that thread, i'm almost 100% sure that this is related to specific problems on the datacenters/ servers themselves. We changed nothing to server behavior so there isn't anything we did to cause it, or to fix it right now.

Old 2015-10-20, 23:30   #64
way2cool

BlueBadger I had the same issue on Insurgency (the game) and sometimes on Red Orchestra 2. I never solved that issue and I gave up on both games. I was very interested in Ins but I couldn't play it. Read many posts posted to devs on Steam and other people complained but none were able to solve the problem.

If you google the "lost connection" "time out" issue you'll see that it happens in other games as well. I always thought it was Steam related but I play other game on Steam and there are no problems.

I have spent many months trying to figure it out but I have never tried one thing. And I think that might solve it. I trace the problem to the router (modem). I'm guessing some ports should be open which aren't by default. Same thing was mentioned on Steam discussion boards.
Might be worth checking it out if you haven't already. Also, you will probably say, that this has started to happen suddenly without you doing any changes to ISP, HW or software yet it happened. I feel your pain. Especially when it comes to playing such a great game as PR is.

Sorry to have HJ the thread Awesome game and good work people!
Old 2015-10-21, 06:51   #65
Scubbo
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

it's probably your router closing off ports when it receives too many corrupt UDP packets... just have a play with your router's security DDoS attack settings

Old 2015-10-21, 15:12   #66
B.Stone

try this:

When PR is open and in a server:

open command console as admin

type ipconfig /flushdns

then type ipconfig /registerdns

I believe the connection issue is something to do with IP address. Make sure to clear all the caches in the support section of PR. Not sure if it will help, but better to reset all server caches.

I plugged in my modem and PR ran fine. When I plugged in my router is when I started having issues. I think PR servers have a hard time deciphering between router IP and modem IP. When packets are sent out they contain both IP addresses of modem and router. When I reset the DNS cache it seems the server has and easier time sending and receiving packets resulting in zero lost packets and avoiding the eventual 'Lost connection" error. I am not guaranteeing this fix. This is what works for me.
Old 2015-10-21, 20:19   #67
LiamNL
Supporting Member

Can confirm that losing connection every 5-15 minutes it a ISP side problem, usually something caused by the modem or the internet connectivity being incosistent. Have suffered through it myself but you can't do anything about it except for complaining to your ISP or getting a new router/modem or switching networks.
Old 2015-10-21, 22:52   #68
Lorfah
Supporting Member

Splooosh!
Hope there are fastropes so we can Special-Olympics 1337 infiltrate!
Old 2015-10-22, 05:45   #69
-SSG-Shilling

Great job guys! keep up the good work!

"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
Old 2015-10-22, 09:07   #70
Nitneuc
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Nitneuc

Quote:
Can confirm that losing connection every 5-15 minutes it a ISP side problem, usually something caused by the modem or the internet connectivity being incosistent. Have suffered through it myself but you can't do anything about it except for complaining to your ISP or getting a new router/modem or switching networks.
This. Also to add something coming from my own experience, you can also suffer short disconnections (unnoticeable while browsing but enough to kick you out of the server) if you connect to the internet through Power-line communication plugs in an old house (poor electrical installation).

Many thanks to everyone involved in the making of the best videogaming experience ever !
Closed Thread

Tags
announced, announcement, bf2, mappack, maps, project, reality, update, v1.3.5