project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
10 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2015-11-17, 15:33   #1
Xander[nl]
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Xander[nl]
Default British Land Rover terrain damage

It's insanely high if you ask me. No other jeep is this sensitive. The German Mercedes could jump up and down mountains all day long and it wouldn't even start smoking. The British Rover could blow up if you'd hit a big enough leaf. It's like the suspension isn't doing anything and every slight bump does a lot of damage.

Taking the Land Rover offroad on maps like Hades Peak ends up in a very short life span. Even on relative flat maps like Al Basrah the jeeps usually end their journey smoking.

I'd suggest lowering the terrain damage it receives to make it more in line with the other light vehicles. The current damage is very annoying and is an unfair drain to combat effectiveness.
Xander[nl] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 17:38   #2
Nightingale

Default Re: British Land Rover terrain damage

Yeah it is insanely fragile.

On Al Basrah, I was an insurgent on a motorbike and I managed to kill 4 brits in a landrover just by smashing my motorbike into it at full speed. I don't think it was even smoking.

Nightingale is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-19, 05:01   #3
Murphy

Land Rovers take a huge beating on Al Basrah, I can barely get halfway across the map without it smoking white. I try not to drive vehicles very hard, but it seems like HMVs and other Light Transport vehicles can take terrain variations and shrug them off for the most part.

I have nightmares of taking a Landie into the forests of Fools Road, the things often catch fire and blow up. Granted it might represent a vehicle breaking down, but I agree the asset feels a bit on the fragile side.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-20, 12:45   #4
Xander[nl]
Supporting Member

Yup, not saying it should be scaling mountains and diving into valleys (ehem Mercedes) but it should be more on par with the other jeeps. No light vehicle takes this amount of terrain damage. It's like the damage model is just above the ground so even the slightest bump in the terrain is like running into a wall, instead of the wheels absorbing the hit.
Old 2015-11-20, 14:36   #5
Roque_THE_GAMER

the German truck have the same problem.

Sorry i cant into English...
Roque_THE_GAMER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-20, 17:14   #6
Fir3w411

The same problem exists with every insurgent car as well. Get in a bomb car, for example, and hit a wall at medium a speed and you'll begin "smoking like snoop dogg."

"Sometimes you just gotta use torture tactics."
Fir3w411 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-21, 10:56   #7
viirusiiseli
Banned

Similar with the technicals but on collision, I drove over a curb on fallujah, lost half of the techies health.
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-21, 13:11   #8
Xander[nl]
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fir3w411 View Post
The same problem exists with every insurgent car as well. Get in a bomb car, for example, and hit a wall at medium a speed and you'll begin "smoking like snoop dogg."
I don't entirely agree to put civilian cars into this discussion, after all these cars are not built to take a beating and go off road. I always thought they were pretty realistic when it comes to taking damage. Unlike some (aforementioned) military vehicles and perhaps technicals which are too fragile currently.

Tags
british, damage, land, rover, terrain