project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
14 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2011-10-10, 21:57   #1
Hauteclocque
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to Hauteclocque
Default 2011 Rugby World Cup Thread

It was high time to make one ...semi-finals next week-end.

France-Wales and NZ-Australia.

France-Wales is quite surprising, I wouldn't have bet those two teams would have gone that far in the competition.

France did a poor Six Nations tournament this year...losing against Italy, although winning against Wales at the last match. But we didn't really prove anything. The two test matches against Ireland weren't proving either...and what can we say of the pool matches...we were the worst team to qualify.

I have mixed feelings about England-France. We did win, but was it due to England's poor performance or us playing well ?

Hauteclocque is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 22:39   #2
WelshManDan
Supporting Member

Default Re: 2011 Rugby World Cup Thread

England-France was a good display from France, but at the same time a shockingly bad display from England. So I dont really know what conclusion that comes to...?

I too am surprised that Wales got this far in the competition considering the Six Nations, although this Welsh team is the best I have ever seen, and if they play like this in the Six Nations, I feel a Grand Slam is in order (considering we beat you frenchies that is!)

Oh and seeing as we are the last British team left, I guess its up to us to uphold the Empires victories against France? :P
WelshManDan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 23:01   #3
Hauteclocque
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshManDan View Post
Oh and seeing as we are the last British team left, I guess its up to us to uphold the Empires victories against France? :P
I grow a billy goat beard for a month if that happens, blog entry with a picture as a piece of evidence.

Old 2011-10-10, 23:11   #4
[R-MOD]IINoddyII
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

I have every confidence the Kiwis will beat Australia... Quade Cooper is the best player the Kiwis have :P

IINoddyII is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 23:13   #5
WelshManDan
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Hauteclocque View Post
I grow a billy goat beard for a month if that happens, blog entry with a picture as a piece of evidence.
Quoted so you cant back out, HA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]IINoddyII View Post
I have every confidence the Kiwis will beat Australia... Quade Cooper is the best player the Kiwis have :P
Although its about time New Zealand Choked, so you should be good! (Oh man, what I would give for Wales to beat New Zealand in the final, seeing as we havent beaten them for over 50 years).

Although good luck to all the teams, I think this weekend will see some of the best matches considering most of the boring teams have gone home (SA, ENG, ARG). I dont know what happened to England and South Africa, usually its such exciting rugby with them. But then they were shockingly shit.
Old 2011-10-11, 17:27   #6
Scot
Supporting Member

France are poor this year. The problem with this tournament is that Australia lost to Ireland (IDIOTS), which messed up the draw, putting two equally faltering teams (France v England) against each other and France played better compared to England (who are shit, get Wilkinson off, NEVER put Flood at centre and get two proper centres).

Wales have had a cracking Tournament, I think they will go to the final unless France significantly up it for their semi.

NZ have a decent chance, but no Carter, so can never fully back that horse (and its WC time so they might decide to play like shit )

Aussies could do it, but they played shite against the Boks, lucky to get through (full credit to them that they did).

I want a Kiwi - Wales Final, but I couldn't even begin to predict.

@Hauteclocque, I think France did play well against England, but your management is so crap, taking of Yachvili and breaking up that 9-10 partnership was so stupid. But showed a lot of spirit considering their amateur run into the quarters.

Scot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 07:58   #7
Welshboy

I found that out of all the teams who's played, Wales has been the most entertaining to watch. I'm really hoping for a Aussie - Wales final
Welshboy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 11:24   #8
Hauteclocque
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot View Post
@Hauteclocque, I think France did play well against England, but your management is so crap, taking of Yachvili and breaking up that 9-10 partnership was so stupid. But showed a lot of spirit considering their amateur run into the quarters.
Actually Parra and Yachvili are both 9 in their respective clubs. Yachvili was wounded, hence the substitution with Trinh-Duc at the end of the match.

Trinh-Duc played poor the two first matches, and Parra was always substitute of Yachvili for the World Cup (I find him better at this post, when Parra plays 9, he takes one hour to bring out the ball from the ruck, the game being less fluid, and the defense having time to come up). Parra remains a very good point scorer (He had one of the best rates of the World Cup with Yachvili before last match).
He did play as a 10 before, but at his very debuts in his first professional club.
I would say, go for it, Trinh-Duc can't play with his feet efficiently (well he scores a drop from time to time, but that's it), and we don't have anyone else in the team (only a very young guy who hasn't played any game with France yet).

We'll see how it goes.

Old 2011-10-15, 02:19   #9
WelshManDan
Supporting Member

Only a few hours to go now, and only just seen this on an Article.

Boris Johnson tweeted: "Pob lwc i'r Cymry yn erbyn Ffrainc. I'r gad!"

It means, "Good luck to the Welsh against France. To war!"

Cant wait for this match! Millenium stadium has more people going there to watch the match, than Eden park does (where the match actually is). Rugby fever picked up even more now, Facebook is lit up like a christmas tree.
Old 2011-10-15, 10:54   #10
Smiddey723

Send a message via MSN to Smiddey723 Send a message via Yahoo to Smiddey723

was a great game and Welsh deserved the win

shame about the ref's decision which is what all the talking will now be about

.:2p:.Smiddey
Smiddey723 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, cup, rugby, thread, world