project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
12 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-03-23, 19:44   #11
CPU

Default Re: The history of Project Reality

I (well, the entire TC Clan) joined in 2.x with [R-Dev]Rhino. Boy what a relevation it was, we'd been playing vBF for a long time but we all felt a little "reality" was what was needed. The first map I played PR on was 'Rolling Thunder' (all the early maps were vBF maps) and the strange bug it had where you could crawl across the waterfall itself at the dam. And then Rhino brought out PR map 'Muttrah 1' and I still vividly remember us taking that first flight down main in the LB, it was like OMG

I was there for the never-ending Beta testing, the numerous wars, as well as the thriving clan battles. It was never a problem to fill a 64 slot server back then

Looking back at the retired map list (I remember them all) that sure brings back a lot of good memories, shame so many got the chop in the name of progress

I did put up some videos from the "old" days, nothing special, but may be of interest to those with a liking for old history ( type this into google " cpuuk project reality site:youtube.com " )

I don't play PR any more since I moved to 64bit Win7 which PR didn't work with, although BF2 did O_o

Look forward to what you guys do next

everytime they build a new fool-proof system, someone gives birth to a better fool
CPU is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
history, project, reality