project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
15 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2007-06-11, 16:34   #21
Long Bow

Oh it's good to have blackeagle1992 back from being banned, he just brightens up the whole forum

I would imagine that even if the gernade fragmentation could be contained within the helmet the force of the explosion would probably force the helmet and the person holding it to go for a short flight Probably have a few broken bones and burns to boot, but hey you might not die
Long Bow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 16:37   #22
AnRK
Supporting Member

Heh, I love how people can get worked up by the workings of a friggin grenade on here.

On the subject, are the devs working on any different models and nade types?
Last edited by AnRK; 2007-06-11 at 16:43..
Old 2007-06-11, 16:41   #23
El_Vikingo

I just get annoyed when people say "Well my daddy says this and that, so it must be true!".

If you are reading this dont stop, cause if you do, I'll kick you in the balls.
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 16:47   #24
AnRK
Supporting Member

Yeah that's fair enough.
AnRK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 16:48   #25
AOD_Morph

Back on subject...In Americas Army you can go prone on a nade to save all the people around the nade. Its pretty cool. I do it all the time.

Ingame: =TCC= Morph265
AOD_Morph is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 16:53   #26
Juba

by the time you see it on the ground its already blowing up anyway
Juba is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 18:07   #27
daranz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnRK
Heh, I love how people can get worked up by the workings of a friggin grenade on here.

On the subject, are the devs working on any different models and nade types?
The Brits already use their own nades, and militia gets those Soviet F1s. It'd be nice if all factions had their own nades, but I guess that's relatively low on devs' list of priorities.

daranz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 18:16   #28
Blackhawk 5

Potato Masher grenades hehe
Blackhawk 5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 20:38   #29
Hardtman

Looked it up more carefully: Afaik, usual offensive grenades(like the ones used in PR) spread a rather low amount of fragments,which results in a small lethal area.The fragments here mainly consits of parts of the grenade hull.
On the other hand again are the defensive grenades. Those have shrapnel prearranged on and around them to make more fragments flying around which results in a far greater dangerous area( as I said about 30 Meters,therefore they are named defensive grenadesnly throw when in good cover for the splinters can reach you even if you throw quite far.),because more shrapnel can cover more room over a greater distance. In WW2 for example,you could put two rings of raw iron around your standart-issue Stielhandgranate,turning it into a defensive nade.

Hell,this is nearly totally offtopic,so why i am writing this? Whatever,just be glad we dont have defensive nades

Hardtman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 20:53   #30
eddie
The [R-MOD]s' Poodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Vikingo
I just get annoyed when people say "Well my daddy says this and that, so it must be true!".
Well.....my Grandpa said to me they used to have plasma shields in WW2! Why would he lie?! He wouldn't! I would!

eddie is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bloody, grenades