project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
19 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2007-06-11, 12:06   #11
El_Vikingo

I think someone here smells of BS, and it aint me.

8 metres?

I think it's quite funny when the guy throws the pin instead. :P

If you are reading this dont stop, cause if you do, I'll kick you in the balls.
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 12:29   #12
blackeagle1992
Banned
Send a message via ICQ to blackeagle1992

yes 8 meters its not the explosion of the grenade that kills genious its the the litle metals of the grenade that fly when exploded they kill for sure 8 meters
blackeagle1992 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 12:31   #13
Danthesandman

Thanx for all your opinions guys. There wasnt even any asswipe think they're cool cos they know so much usless crap telling me why im stupid (ya they drive me nuts). I guess when you look at it that way, throwing a granade is a bad idea.
Danthesandman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 13:08   #14
Hardtman

I think we should be glad that there are no "defensive"(or whatever it is in english) grenades,which have a dangerous(but not necessarily lethal) radius of over 30 Meters or such

Hardtman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 13:11   #15
Gyberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackeagle1992
yes 8 meters its not the explosion of the grenade that kills genious its the the litle metals of the grenade that fly when exploded they kill for sure 8 meters
I cant believe I am saying this but he is right, depending on the grenade the area where you are going to die differs. The swedish grenades have a "kill-area" within an radius of 5 meters from the grenade but it might injure people at greater distances, so 8 meters is not a impossible distance.
And yes, the explosion is not what kills/injures most people, it is the tiny ball-bearings which are "baked" into the explosives, in a swedish grenade there is 5500 ball-bearings with a diameter of 2.5mm "baked" into the explosives, to put it short, you'll get shredded if you are within the kill radius.

Anthony Lloyd, himself a former soldier in the British army and a Northern Ireland and Gulf War veteran:
"The men inside (the APC) might have been UN but they were playing by a completely different set of rules. They were Swedes; in terms of individual intelligence, integrity and single-mindedness I was to find them among the most impressive soldiers I had ever encountered. In Vares their moment had come."
Gyberg is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 13:28   #16
Longbow*

Send a message via ICQ to Longbow*

soviet nades :
F1 - defensive , 200m max range ( not lethal )
RGD-5 - offencive , 50m max range ( not lethal )

don't know the exact numbers , but 8m is possibly a 100% lethal range for RGD-5
Last edited by Longbow*; 2007-06-11 at 15:10..
Old 2007-06-11, 15:11   #17
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

I don't imagine that it works like in the old WW2 movies? You know, where they put their helmet over the grenade and hold it down? I wonder if that would work (I highly doubt...)

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 15:19   #18
daranz

Quote:
what are you stupid trying to run from a greanade is suicide in real life my father told me that(soviet army experience) what you need to do in that kind of situation is find cover behind every little thing you see cuz a greanade kills up to 8 meters so you wont be able to run away
Would you get behind that cover by teleportation?

daranz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 15:58   #19
Hardtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expendable Grunt
I don't imagine that it works like in the old WW2 movies? You know, where they put their helmet over the grenade and hold it down? I wonder if that would work (I highly doubt...)
Um....it might work,but this really is depending on the amount of explosives in the nade. If the explosion is weak enough then a modern Helmet might hold it and the fragments would not have enought time to build up enough speed to pass throud the helmet.

Hardtman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 16:23   #20
El_Vikingo

Quote:
No shit? I wonder why they call it fragmentation grenade.

If you are reading this dont stop, cause if you do, I'll kick you in the balls.
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bloody, grenades