project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
15 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2018-03-06, 21:58   #1
PatrickLA_CA

Default [WIP][Vehicle] Panther G

I've started learning Maya as part of my University and have a project where I need to create a model, rig and animate it so I thought why not make my favorite tank - the Challenger 2 but Rabbit gave me a better idea - the Panther so that it can also be used in PR: WW2.

I've just begun work on it and it won't go very fast as I have plenty of other stuff to do. Keep in mind I'm a beginner in modeling so feel free to give me any tips you think might help. Anyway, here's the initial progress.

Last edited by PatrickLA_CA; 2018-03-08 at 00:58.. Reason: Progress
Old 2018-03-07, 08:24   #2
[R-DEV]​Mr.VdHeide
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Re: [WIP][Vehicle] Panther G

Looks good so far. I would recommend taking a look at some of the vehicle models we have in PR. The tri-count is something you need to keep as optimized as possible. You really need to consider for every bit you add to the model if it is worth the increase in tri-count. Balancing looks with tri-count from the start will save you a lot of time later on.

Good luck!

D.J.

Mr.VdHeide is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-07, 09:56   #3
PatrickLA_CA

Alright, what is the optimal tri count I should aim for?

Slight update, added sideskirts and I also just realized that my blueprints are for a Panther A and I want to do a Panther G so I'll find new ones tomorrow and adjust accordingly.

Last edited by PatrickLA_CA; 2018-03-08 at 00:59..
Old 2018-03-08, 20:14   #4
FlyingR

Fuck yeaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! Really one of the best and cool looking WWII tanks! But hey, if you're going to do the Panther, the Allies must have something to counter it? Germans already have Tigers and would now have Panthers, it would be quite OP.

E8, Jumbos, Wolverines, Jacksons, etc. could be a solution (and it would be very nice to see them in-game )
Last edited by FlyingR; 2018-03-08 at 20:21..
Old 2018-03-08, 20:47   #5
PatrickLA_CA

We'll see. Depending on how much time this takes me I might do some more WW2 tanks.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-09, 00:46   #6
PatrickLA_CA

Update

Might not seem like much but I started over with new blueprints and some more details.

Old 2018-03-10, 02:15   #7
[R-DEV]​Mr.VdHeide
PR:BF2 Developer

Yoi should aim for the best looks with the lowest tri count. For a tank like this with al the double roadwheels you will probably end up somewhere just underneeth 10.000 I guess, maybe 8 or 9 k. It is hard too estimate. We will provide feedback.

D.J.

Mr.VdHeide is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-13, 16:42   #8
PatrickLA_CA

Progress update:
I've done the road wheels and I think I'm doing okay on the tri count. I left the inner ones as simple cylinders because I think the texture will be enough to make them look realistic, most of them are hidden from view anyway.

Old 2018-03-19, 23:56   #9
PatrickLA_CA

I've had little time to work on the suspension and I'm not sure whether this is the right way to do it, would definitely need feedback on it and some tips on modeling the sprocket and idler wheels.

Old 2018-03-23, 15:30   #10
FlyingR

Maybe this will help?

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=144572
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=144588
FlyingR is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
panther, wipvehicle