project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
22 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2016-08-05, 20:39   #11
Murphy

Default Re: Post Scriptum: The Bloody Seventh

Been following you boys for a while now, awesome to see you have enough done that you can present your mod to everyone!

I recall there being 2 separate WW2 mods in development for Squad, did you guys combine your efforts or are there still 2 teams?

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-05, 20:45   #12
[R-COM]Arc_Shielder
PR Community Faction Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
Been following you boys for a while now, awesome to see you have enough done that you can present your mod to everyone!

I recall there being 2 separate WW2 mods in development for Squad, did you guys combine your efforts or are there still 2 teams?
I'm not sure you were following us per se since we never showcased anything until now. Although I understand the confusion as some thought we were part of Fallen Heroes too.

Directly from the FAQ to explain why there is another one:

Quote:
Why aren't you working with other WW2 mods in SQUAD?

PR:WW2 initiated talks with WW2 mods in the beginning of February. The proposition would be for each lead developer to have an equal share of decision making within the project. Eventually only 'La Voie de La Liberte' agreed with those terms as well as sharing equal views in structure, planning and team management.

Arc_Shielder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-05, 22:09   #13
carmikaze
Supporting Member

I think some tears just escaped from my eyes, it's so beautiful!
carmikaze is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-05, 22:30   #14
WelshManDan
Supporting Member

Ecstatically brilliant looking. Rather under-represented period of the war considering the scale of it. Got my vote!
WelshManDan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-06, 19:37   #15
ShockUnitBlack

Looks promising, but I'm going to be brutally honest with you and also say that this has to be one of the worst titles for a video game I've ever heard. I mean, I'm not sure what the significance of either Post-Scriptum or The Bloody Seventh is, and the title doesn't tell me that the game has anything to do with World War 2.

"I Want To Spend The Rest Of My Life With You Tonight."
ShockUnitBlack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-06, 20:46   #16
carmikaze
Supporting Member

I'm so excited that this will be another great time with great (WW2) shooters again, i still remember the joy when I played the shit out of Darkest Hour, Red Orchestra 1 and FH2 a few years back, for me those were one of the greatest gaming years ever. I would be so glad if we could experience this all again.
carmikaze is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-06, 20:56   #17
Frontliner
Project Reality Beta Tester

Post Scriptum:

I guess one way to explain this are the abundance of letters sent between lovers and family members during WW2.

Bloody Seventh:

The seven refers to the bridge near Arnheim which was the seventh and final bridge the Allies had to take. The bloody can be used both as a pun and in a literal sense.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 01:59   #18
WelshManDan
Supporting Member

Post scriptum threw me off too, but Bloody Seventh isnt a bad name. Although it does imply a unit titled "seventh" rather than a bridge.

It could be called Mr Bean goes to Holland for all i care tbh id still DL it
WelshManDan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 03:36   #19
[R-COM]Arc_Shielder
PR Community Faction Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockUnitBlack View Post
Looks promising, but I'm going to be brutally honest with you and also say that this has to be one of the worst titles for a video game I've ever heard. I mean, I'm not sure what the significance of either Post-Scriptum or The Bloody Seventh is, and the title doesn't tell me that the game has anything to do with World War 2.
It's in the OP tbh. We did explained it via the announcement text for people that do wish to be informed.

However I'm (and team included are) not concerned about the main title's reaction. Once the playerbase gets more familiarized with the concept it will instantly resonate with them. Good content also helps in not giving a damn.

Had we been called Red Orchestra it would of been the same thing. It only makes sense to you now after following its media and playing it for a while. The reason for that it's because they did a good job in ingraining players with a strong conceptual direction.

Not only the name matches the concept we're going for but it's also a good way for us to try and step away from the generic "glory to heroes" or transgressive badass titles that means nothing in the end. I feel that we're being more realistic by giving a more intimate and emotional angle of these men...who tried to cope with war the best they could. We didn't want to desensitize them like many other WW2 titles do, so we thought of war letters as a vehicle to express their feelings of "I wish I was back home and not in this shithole". Hence Post Scriptum. The name should always match a strong conceptual purpose. Many titles fail to do that because they're still mimicking the WW2 classic shooters. Unfortunately that's the norm...hence your reaction.

Personally I've never heard of any game's title making a player enjoy it more. Everyone is either neutral or dislike it. I'm pretty sure that after having gone through with a few promotional ads and immersive elements in-game, it'll go down the same route as Red Orchestra. No one will complain because they all understand what is about. The name will also instantly trigger gameplay memories.

Even if we go down the shallow path of "make it sound WW2 related then, not for dummies, but for marketing purposes".

Again, Red Orchestra.

It'll be fine.

Last edited by [R-COM]Arc_Shielder; 2016-08-07 at 04:12..
Old 2016-08-07, 05:50   #20
[R-DEV]​Nosferatu
PR:BF2 Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Nosferatu

Also, Project Reality isn't really telling name for game about war.
Easily could have been set of some random celebrity reality TV show themed mini-games.

"In addition to his other Asiatic characteristics, the Russian have no regard for human life and is an all out son of bitch, barbarian, and chronic drunk" - General Patton : A Soldier's Life

If violence isn't the answer, then you obviously need more violence.
Nosferatu is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bloody, post, scriptum, seventh