project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
13 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2015-04-09, 21:54   #91
aus-trooper
Default Re: Keep Project Reality Alive!

I chipped in, hope it helps and thanks for your work. I really have enjoyed this game for many years
Old 2015-04-09, 21:55   #92
DudeofDeath
Supporting Member

One of the best developed mods I've ever played anytime on any system. The work done with the buggy BF2 engine is seriously amazing.. as are the teamplay/ gameplay mechanics. Really hope you guys can make money on another related endeavor down the road, you so deserve it.

though I can't play much anymore (cause the only time i can play is after 12 AM when I'm half asleep and can't use mumble without waking people up), very happy to donate again to the cause for a game so worthy!! Thanks Devs
Old 2015-04-09, 22:37   #93
midget
Supporting Member

Another small donation from me target is smashed nice to see theres more still coming in to keep this alive
Old 2015-04-09, 22:45   #94
Jester617
Supporting Member

I haven't played since 1.98 (GFX card died) but I watch PR vids on youtube almost everyday.
Donated $10 <3

The state represents violence in a concentrated and organized form. The individual has a soul, but as the state is a soulless machine, it can never be weaned from violence to which it owes its very existence."
- Mahatma Mohandas K. Gandhi
Old 2015-04-09, 23:26   #95
Vista

The devs ask for 1.5k, the community gives them 2k

This is unreal, I am really impressed and happy
Old 2015-04-09, 23:37   #96
Code11b

Do not misconstrue this for a personal attack on the game or developers, as i enjoy and fully appreciate what they have done and the content that is provided in most cases completely free to us all. However, i too would appreciate more information before tossing my money their way. Judging by the fact they have already exceeded the donation mark i don't think they NEED my money but all the same if they want my hard earned money i'd like to see how this money is used exactly. 1.5K is alot of money. I don't see why it should be none of our buisness if we're forking out the money for it, i think that's the point in time where it DOES become our buisiness. I've seen vague bits of information up until now along with a "More will be revealed as we deem fit" type of posts. Well, until you deem fit and reveal more my money stays in my pocket.
Old 2015-04-09, 23:42   #97
Ranzpirat
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code11b View Post
if they want my hard earned money i'd like to see how this money is used exactly. 1.5K is alot of money. I don't see why it should be none of our buisness if we're forking out the money for it, i think that's the point in time where it DOES become our buisiness
IMHO donations != buying a share.

Ofc, for example Senshis concernes are a true thing. As in it would be cool to know if the DEVs managed to get better/cheaper hosting solutions and if they worked stuff out with the ads.

But I didnt donate now or before to buy myself into their bookkeeping. Thats not how donations (should) work.

Old 2015-04-09, 23:48   #98
Code11b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranzpirat View Post
IMHO donations != buying a share.

Ofc, for example Senshis concernes are a true thing. As in it would be cool to know if the DEVs managed to get better/cheaper hosting solutions and if they worked stuff out with the ads.

But I didnt donate now or before to buy myself into their bookkeeping. Thats not how donations (should) work.
Where in my post did i say i would donate to "Buy myself into their bookkeeping"?
I wouldn't donate for stature or any sort of perk. I'd donate to keep the game up and running, but with that being said i'd still like to know exactly how donated money is used and if it is being used it the most efficient way possible. I see nothing wrong with seeking more information before blindly throwing my money somewhere.
Old 2015-04-10, 00:05   #99
DevilsMercenary

I've always adored PR since 0.3. I was glad to put money in to keep it alive, considering the time i've spent playing PR I would say every penny I spent worth it. I haven't played much as of late but I always keep an eye out for changes and updates and hopefully the eventual release of PR2. I'm a bit tired of the BF2 engine hence why I stopped playing for months at a time, but I will not give up hope for the new version.

Strong supporter and PR player since 0.3
Old 2015-04-10, 00:20   #100
DevilsMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip0 View Post
I've donated but I wasn't not logged in the forum.. ahah No Supporting status

I was just like Fry:

I'll definitely do it again if you'll need other help
I've done the same countless times lol... I always seem to forget to log in, but alas, I'm happy I donated anyways, and even if people don't see that I did on the forums, I know it to be true myself.

Strong supporter and PR player since 0.3
Closed Thread

Tags
alive, project, reality