project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
12 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2014-10-12, 13:35   #111
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: Squad: A commercial game made by developers of and inspired by PR:BF2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander[nl] View Post
Sorry if I missed it but will there be (heavy) vehicles like in PR? Or will it be solely infantry?
Vehicles are definitely planned. Would not be PR without them

Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 15:17   #112
PatrickLA_CA

Default Re: Squad: A commercial game made by developers of and inspired by PR:BF2

I'm guessing it will be infantry only at first and after it is perfected they will add vehicles.

Anyways, if anyone can, please tell me the approximate requirements for this game on UE4.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 15:35   #113
Fredd

I'm pretty confident that the gameplay will eventually turn out to be fine, and at least on par with PRBF2, my only concern is the server architecture, the maximum number of player slots on the servers (I'd love to see it 160, so that it's a platoon vs a platoon), network tick rate and stability (but I suppose even 100 slots is pretty stretching those).
Last edited by Fredd; 2014-10-12 at 15:37.. Reason: clarification
Old 2014-10-12, 15:38   #114
PatrickLA_CA

Well it works on a 8 (or 9?) year old engine with that many players, why would it not work in a modern engine?
But 160 seems a bit too much for infantry only maps in the beginning, and depending on the playerbase in the future.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 15:44   #115
CopyCat

Wow, looks pure awesomeness - Good job guys and keep up the good work! I'm gonna keep tabs on this babe

/CC

Central Asian Treaty Alliance [CATA] - Campaign 9

"The only thing neccesary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing"
CopyCat is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 15:48   #116
epoch
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AncientMan View Post
PR:A3 and PR2 aren't really going anywhere, as I'm sure a lot of people are aware from the distinct lack of updates coming from their teams.
Who the hell do you think you are, speaking for myself or Twisted? If you don't know the facts, matey, you should really keep your gob shut.

[R-MOD]Cp: epoch if I wasn't dancing right now I'd shoot you.
epoch is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 16:07   #117
karambaitos

Send a message via MSN to karambaitos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickLA_CA View Post
Well it works on a 8 (or 9?) year old engine with that many players, why would it not work in a modern engine?
But 160 seems a bit too much for infantry only maps in the beginning, and depending on the playerbase in the future.
youd be surprised

There is only one unforgivable lie That is the lie that says, This is the end, you are the conqueror, you have achieved it and now all that remains is to build walls higher and shelter behind them. Now, the lie says, the world is safe.? The Great Khan.

40k is deep like that.
karambaitos is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 16:07   #118
Souls Of Mischief

Shiiiit. Dis gun b gud!

http://imageshack.us/a/img585/3971/r0mg.jpg
Souls Of Mischief is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 16:38   #119
Psyko

Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 17:12   #120
baltimore

"AM:PR:A3 and PR2 aren't really going anywhere, as I'm sure a lot of people are aware from the distinct lack of updates coming from their teams.
epochWho the hell do you think you are, speaking for myself or Twisted? If you don't know the facts, matey, you should really keep your gob shut."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyko View Post

baltimore is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
... hides behind, ..the alpha status, .for everything wrong, 5 fps, blur my screen, blurry, commercial, developers, game, inspired, katarn loves crysis, machinima, player forgot glass, poxo is ghey, pr > squad, prbf2, shit game, shitty blurry game, specs, squad