project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions
21 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Factions Discussion on PR:BF2 community factions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2014-10-18, 12:16   #41
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Mineral's Avatar
Default Re: Welcome to the Syrian Mod Team

The PR faction doesn't represent a specific rebel force. It's a 'global' name for all of them. Syrian Rebels. Exactly for the reason you mention and to not be too political about it.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-19, 14:20   #42
KillJoy[Fr]

KillJoy[Fr]'s Avatar
Default Re: Welcome to the Syrian Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonsseals View Post
Hey Mineral, I don't know if I actually pitched the idea before but I think the Syrian Rebels should be replaced by Da3esh, since the 'FSA' is at this point not a cohesive force whilst Da3esh actually is an army.
By the activities of this group we shouldn't glorify them, honestly.

Au dela du possible ...
KillJoy[Fr] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 11:27   #43
Fonsseals

Fonsseals's Avatar
Default Re: Welcome to the Syrian Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mineral View Post
The PR faction doesn't represent a specific rebel force. It's a 'global' name for all of them. Syrian Rebels. Exactly for the reason you mention and to not be too political about it.
You are correct.
Fonsseals is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-21, 00:51   #44
Salaheddine
Default Re: Welcome to the Syrian Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUD X View Post
90% (or maybe100%) of arabic countries are supporting Syrian rebels army

So I think MEC is not the right name
I suggest the name "Syrian Gov" because the reality is battle between the syrian government vs syrian rebels

أرسلت من GT-N7100 بإستخدام تاباتلك
90-100%

Egypt, Algeria, Irak, Yemen , Lebanon, Oman does not support the "rebels".
Salaheddine is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 23:06   #45
fatalsushi83

fatalsushi83's Avatar
Default Re: Welcome to the Syrian Mod Team

MEC is just a placeholder. It'll be replaced by a proper Syrian army once that faction is complete. No need to bother changing the name at this point.

By the way, how is the AKM coming along?
fatalsushi83 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-20, 09:37   #46
Fonsseals

Fonsseals's Avatar
Default Re: Welcome to the Syrian Mod Team

From the old thread's OP:

We want to bring fresh stuff to the Insurgency by adding new weapons, technicals and above all new possible tactics that will broaden the gameplay horizons in INS and AAS gamemodes. For example, we want BLUFOR (Syrian Army) to be able to use CAS support without unbalancing the game, therefore giving the MEC INS more AA power then the Current weapon set allows.

I've a flavour idea: Add barrel bombs to the Mi-8s, which are droppable by the pilot like supplies, or (What I'd do) add another type of Mi-8 with a pilot and a crew chief who can roll three to five barrels out. It would be amazing to have people run away from a transport heli for once!
Fonsseals is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-20, 11:37   #47
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Mineral's Avatar
Default Re: Welcome to the Syrian Mod Team

I had working barrel bombs a year or so ago. Just as a test for my own BF2 tweaking/coding abilities really I have thought of it a few times since then but still don't find it a good thing to implement. And we don't have any decent maps for it neither just yet. But it's on my mind

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-20, 12:42   #48
Jacksonez__

Jacksonez__'s Avatar
Default Re: Welcome to the Syrian Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mineral View Post
I had working barrel bombs a year or so ago. Just as a test for my own BF2 tweaking/coding abilities really I have thought of it a few times since then but still don't find it a good thing to implement. And we don't have any decent maps for it neither just yet. But it's on my mind
Sbeneh Night layout (that will come in 1.3)? It shouldn't be THAT easy to hit with barrel bombs because of night, or that is what I think. So it shouldn't be overpowered weapon.

Is it possible to edit crate texture to barrel-shape and make it explode after certain time?

Addition, FSA should get propane gas bottles as their commander artillery strike. Something like napalm-heavy explosions combined Would be epic. Slow rate of fire of course since that cannon lasted like one shot, lel.


Jacksonez__ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-21, 13:12   #49
ShaunOTEast
Supporting Member

ShaunOTEast's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonez__ View Post
Sbeneh Night layout (that will come in 1.3)? It shouldn't be THAT easy to hit with barrel bombs because of night, or that is what I think. So it shouldn't be overpowered weapon.

Is it possible to edit crate texture to barrel-shape and make it explode after certain time?

Addition, FSA should get propane gas bottles as their commander artillery strike. Something like napalm-heavy explosions combined Would be epic. Slow rate of fire of course since that cannon lasted like one shot, lel.

Four barrel bulldozer hell cannon tho.

Perhaps the world is not made, perhaps nothing is made, a watch, without a watchmaker.
ShaunOTEast is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-21, 14:15   #50
Jacksonez__

Jacksonez__'s Avatar
Default Re: Welcome to the Syrian Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunOTEast View Post
Four barrel bulldozer hell cannon tho.
We need that to replace FSA rocket technical

Jacksonez__ is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
mod, poxo is ghey, syrian, team
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:25.