project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
21 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2013-10-17, 15:01   #61
K4on
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Flares, UAV, lack of AT, asset rolling

First. Nice to see you back in PR action jolly.
Second. UAV has been nerfed for the next version already.
It was posted in some entries above.

K4on is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 16:27   #62
IWI-GALIL.556FA
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisweb89 View Post
The CAS SL in my opinion should always be spotting with an officer, best way to get targets.
^ +1. This is the only right way to do it imo.

And now, we wait.....
IWI-GALIL.556FA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 16:59   #63
GlaDi

This reminds me when EA destroyed heli gameplay in BF3. After one patch TV guided is bugged as hell, and it does less damage to targets. Why? Cuz some guys were complaining that it's OP (they should play one round in BF2, if you know what i mean ).

GlaDi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 01:06   #64
Solid Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWI-GALIL.556FA View Post
^ +1. This is the only right way to do it imo.
Hard to be a spotter on maps like Saareema since you can't really see anything outside of your immediate area due to all the trees.
Solid Knight is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 12:51   #65
Kerryburgerking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Knight View Post
Hard to be a spotter on maps like Saareema since you can't really see anything outside of your immediate area due to all the trees.
Be a bush and hide in the frontlines
Kerryburgerking is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 11:11   #66
Roque_THE_GAMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarranauha200 View Post
Well, at least hueys are still flying tanks.
nope, the 30mm BTR can take him down with 4~6 shoots.
Roque_THE_GAMER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 11:21   #67
Roque_THE_GAMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlaDi View Post
This reminds me when EA destroyed heli gameplay in BF3. After one patch TV guided is bugged as hell, and it does less damage to targets. Why? Cuz some guys were complaining that it's OP (they should play one round in BF2, if you know what i mean ).
helis in BF2 was a dick, infantry just get raped by him even a skilled AT have a problem because he does not have a AA.

in BF3 in case all vehicle are fuck, the only ting i like is the zoon and termal in the tank but the infinite ammo and no zeroing system to damn thing at long range make this game terrible to me, EA dont know ho to make good games no more only trailers, NFS and BF are dead.
Roque_THE_GAMER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 08:37   #68
3ti65

The UAV with the lases is just fine. Ground spotters are unreliable. Commander has a much better overview. Dont change whats good just because some say its OP. This is one thing that needs communication and coordination to be effective. Thats what PR should support right?
3ti65 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 02:34   #69
Brainlaag

I do find the permanent UAV to be somewhat of a very decisive asset. It is impossible to destroy, it moves fast, has basically an overview over a large portion of the combat zone and can stay up there indefinitely. A cool-down timer for it would be great, doesn't have to be exactly like in 0.98 but some sort of cool-down after being up for some time, or a longer deploy/penalty time when you redeploy it.

I just feel it makes movement almost impossible with a dedicated commander on the opposing team.
Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 19:19   #70
Murphy

Let's not forget that both teams have access to the UAV, if one team has no commander and is getting owned the solution is not nerfing the UAV/Comm position. It is one of the only perfectly balanced assets this game has, and not that "A-symmetrical" kind of balance. Every conventional force has access to the exact same asset and I personally find the commander role being filled more then ever thanks to how influential the role has become since the release of 1.0.

If you mess with the UAV it might end up bringing us back to the .98 days when commanders only existed to call in area attack and maybe delete a useless fob or two.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
asset, flares, lack, rolling, uav