project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
14 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2013-08-27, 11:25   #51
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Flares, UAV, lack of AT, asset rolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerryburgerking View Post
Don't just stand in the open and hope they won't spot you.
we didnt. we were mobile all the time as otherwise we would get lazed by UAV, but that doesnt stop them from engaging you with cannon/rockets/dumb bombs while dropping enough flares to make a second sun.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 22:31   #52
DesmoLocke
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to DesmoLocke

In the next mini patch, they removed the ability to laze with the UAV. I'm kind of bummed about it, but we'll see how it plays out.

PR player since 0.5 (Feb 2007)
DesmoLocke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 22:48   #53
ExeTick
Supporting Member

removing UAV laze?

that will make cas useless since ground forces rarely laze.
well maybe not useless but they have to go on many more non lazed targets.

ExeTick is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 23:34   #54
chrisweb89

The CAS SL in my opinion should always be spotting with an officer, best way to get targets.
chrisweb89 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 11:31   #55
K4on
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesmoLocke View Post
In the next mini patch, they removed the ability to laze with the UAV. I'm kind of bummed about it, but we'll see how it plays out.
Ban that leaker

K4on is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 10:03   #56
_Fizzco_

Why do you all assume that the UAV is only used for lasing? I've used it for much better purposes, heres an example.

I'm in the UAV above a friendly squad, communicating with the SL to offer him visual information, e.g enemys 2 blocks across from you or next left enemy AR set up. You have a tank incoming to you.

Heres a good example : Project Reality - Commander UAV - [OD-S]L4gi - YouTube

_Fizzco_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 14:17   #57
qubolo

On the AA

From what i can see, the opinions vary on whether AA missiles are effective against air assets.
How about PR testing team arranges a little testing session in which there will be numerous air assets flown and the attempts made to shoot them down.

Then analyze the data in scientific manner. Only then you would be able to tell for sure if all those accusations against AA missiles and immortal air assets are true or just the personal feelings. And adjust the parameters to achieve the desired mortality for specific vehicles.

On the CAS

There is a very important balance aspect on every CAS map, but it exists only when the both CAS(both teams) are up. But as soon as one of them goes down, there is nothing in the game that you can remotely call balanced, CAS simply dominates everything attacking it with Laser Guided missiles and occasionally using LT ones, Once AA emplacements positions are known CAS can simply dive on them and decimate that position without being scrached, they can do whatever the hell they want, and as far as they have a bit of knowledge how to avoid being shot down, they remain undestroyed, ruining the game for the other team.

One solution to that would be to leave only the ability to shoot at lazed targets, that would eliminate a whole lot of imbalance, involving crossing the frontline and taking down armor that wasn't even spotted.
qubolo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 22:46   #58
sirfstar

UAV should be removed at all or it should be easy to shot down and with long respawn time so if you want to magically find all the enemy positions you should do it carefully, like the area attack.
Its not funny nor realistic to set up mortars just to get spotted by invisible ass flying up there and get some 81mm shells right after this for example.

inb4 useless comander - spotter isnt a comander, can you guys read? commander. Wanna spot some stuff? Ask that bored trans pilot to fly over. I'm playing for 3 years now and i can count the times i've seen an actually commanding commander (public games ofc) with one hand. All of them i've seen in the 0.917 or something like that, when UAV were disabled. Nothing changed now.
Last edited by sirfstar; 2013-10-02 at 23:26..
Old 2013-10-03, 14:41   #59
Kerryburgerking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirfstar View Post
UAV should be removed at all or it should be easy to shot down and with long respawn time so if you want to magically find all the enemy positions you should do it carefully, like the area attack.
Its not funny nor realistic to set up mortars just to get spotted by invisible ass flying up there and get some 81mm shells right after this for example.

inb4 useless comander - spotter isnt a comander, can you guys read? commander. Wanna spot some stuff? Ask that bored trans pilot to fly over. I'm playing for 3 years now and i can count the times i've seen an actually commanding commander (public games ofc) with one hand. All of them i've seen in the 0.917 or something like that, when UAV were disabled. Nothing changed now.
Just make the UAV an asset like CAS.
Kerryburgerking is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 14:51   #60
Jolly

Just remembered one round with Ryan and another with skull.
We raped nme ground forces but got owned by CAS.
Good CAS pilots and way too OP UAV was killing us with bombs...
So, I do feel UAV needs to be nerfed.

Jolly, you such a retard.
Jolly is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
asset, flares, lack, rolling, uav