project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
21 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2013-07-01, 19:30   #21
Stemplus

Default Re: Map Feedback - Ramiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AFsoccer View Post
Plus once the US gets a few more flags, they get some more support and heavy assets.
What heavy assets are you talking about?

Stemplus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 19:38   #22
AFsoccer
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Once you cap "Safe House", these will spawn at the airport:

You also get extra Humvees at the second flag ("Convoy") once you cap it.

Last edited by AFsoccer; 2013-07-01 at 19:43..
Old 2013-07-01, 20:28   #23
-=anders=-
Retired PR Developer

Hahaha, nah its the "us english" voices. Dont ask me, but the actor is american and why he says "wilco", I have absolutely NO clue. Dunno how americans communicate in the battlefield.

But there's nothing wrong with the files though.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11035283/anders_prsig.png
PR:BF2 Sound & VisualFX
-=anders=- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 21:47   #24
Delfer

BH down layer is a horrible inf spam experience full of frustration and bad fps.
The most common approach from the East puts US at an immediate disadvantage once ARF cap the T building. Flanking left or right of the T put you in close proximity to their mosque and in to an open field.

On top of this, ARF have lazer accurate weapons and don't have much to fear. US forces don't have enough time to set up their own lazers because ARF tard rushes constantly break squads apart and ruin moral.

I want to like this layer but I can't help but want to kill myself whenever I play it. It's like INS without any of the advantages BLUFOR normally get and all of the mindless insurgent tard rushing.
Delfer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 21:53   #25
Dutchguy94

Ramiel insurgency is a b**ch and a half for the Americans, last round I played we only managed to get 3 of the 8 (I think its 8 ) caches.

I think the main reason that the American team keeps losing is the amount of resistance in close-quarter combat without any good support makes it really difficult.

the only support the american team got were: humvees (with and without HMG), some trucks and transport helicopters .

but what blufor usually gets are some APC's and/or light CAS.
Dutchguy94 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 02:22   #26
007.SirBond

Thats pretty cool that Blufor get more assets when they advance further into the map with more capped flags, it reconstructs the black hawk down film.

On another note, why can't the Blufor enter the mosques that are permanent spawns for ARF on this map? If this is to represent realistic limitations of rules of engagement. In real life, Blufor don't destroy mosques due to certain laws that prohibit the destruction of buildings with historical or important value, but they do clear them out if the building does pose a threat to their forces in the region. Can we just remove the DOD and allow Blufor to go in those ARF mosques and occupy them, preventing them from spawning. If the Blufor leave the mosque, the ARF can return spawning. It's near impossible to take out some caches when the ARF can spawn in so close.

I mean these are just mosques right?

7:49
Look at these guys, clearly going into a mosque and clearing it of enemy targets!

Last edited by 007.SirBond; 2013-07-02 at 02:27..
Old 2013-07-02, 02:44   #27
OkitaMakoto
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to OkitaMakoto Send a message via MSN to OkitaMakoto

Load PR after maybe 2 years of not playing seriously, load map I made years ago to see it with updates and 100 players... get called a noob and kicked from squad :\

I'll have to load it back up this weekend. Hopefully then I don't have a bunch of connection/lag issues like I did tonight!
OkitaMakoto is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 02:54   #28
{ZW}C-LOKE
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]-=anders=- View Post
Hahaha, nah its the "us english" voices. Dont ask me, but the actor is american and why he says "wilco", I have absolutely NO clue. Dunno how americans communicate in the battlefield.

But there's nothing wrong with the files though.
Well, I'm in the US. And, my stepdad is an E9 Master Gunnery Seargeant in the USMC; the highest enlisted rank achievable. He's been in for almost 30 years, in fact, gets his full 30 year retirement here in less than 365 days... Actual date of service discharge is June 21 2014.

He saw what I was talking about, and he's never heard any US guys say "wilco". He thought it was pretty stupid.

US soldiers usually respond with "roger", "copy", "10-4", "solid copy", "affirmative".

#just saying

At any rate, don't get me wrong; I love what you guys have done here with everything... EVERYTHING!!! It's just an inconsistency I noticed, and when I showed my stepdad he thought it "stupid"... exact words.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT::::::::

Ok, so, he has done a little research on it, and he said that the term "wilco" was used by US forces, but stopped being used sometime during/before/around the Korean war conflict, which was between 25 June, 1950 – 27 July, 1953. This means that maybe US forces used this term sometime during WWII, but both the Korean war and the Vietnam war did not see use of this term "wilco". This also means that the Somali/US conflict which is known well by the movie "Blackhawk Down", also did not use this term. That conflict was 1993, and it wasn't even USMC, it was US Army Rangers & Delta force.

This pulled from Wikipedia:
"A U.S. Army force in Mogadishu, consisting primarily of U.S. Army Rangers from Bravo Company, 3rd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment; C Squadron, 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta (1st SFOD-D), better known as "Delta Force"; as well as Air Force Combat Controllers and Pararescuemen and helicopters from 1st Battalion, 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, attempted to seize two of Aidid's high-echelon lieutenants during a meeting in the city.".

Historically speaking. Not to be a total history Nazi, but... there it is.

Last edited by {ZW}C-LOKE; 2013-07-02 at 03:12..
Old 2013-07-02, 06:59   #29
AFsoccer
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I know we used "wilco" in aviation. I was an air traffic control officer in the USAF and it was a common expression over the radio between pilots and controllers.

Don't believe everything you read in Wikipedia.

AFsoccer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 07:21   #30
saamohod

Guys, is it just me or...
In last couple of days I played about 5 matches on Ramiel, all Insurgency type. In each case I was playing for the Africans. Well, ARF won every single match, and by significant margin (the best Americans ever managed to achieve was 4 caches destroyed IIRC. The latest game finished at 60-0, with the first and only cache being destroyed in the final ~10min of the match)
Is there something wrong with the balance or was it just a coincidence for me?
Last edited by saamohod; 2013-07-02 at 07:40..

Tags
feedback, map, official, ramiel