project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
21 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2013-06-30, 21:40   #11
BroCop

Default Re: Map Feedback - Ramiel

Placeholder.

BroCop is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 22:53   #12
40mmrain
Supporting Member

Players will adapt a bit better, the FOBs east of blackhawk 6-1 have been terribly unsuccessful, but it's easy to sneak one in the city by the convoy flag and get really close to the blackhawk 6-1. I really like the flag names, and such that recreates the scenario, and I like the idea of lots and lots of flags, where one team starts with all of them, it's quite a new thing.

However the small little flags are a bit gamey, having their actual radius on the map, and giving them a modest size would be better. IT comes down to seeing someone moving the flag and knowing exactly where to throw a frag, or trying to take a better position of cover while still seeing the flag and it being off the flag, it doesnt feel like PR. Not having the flag radius told means you have to test for it.

Is there a ZPU-2 or something techi that is ready for 1.0? that vs. a guns only apache would be fun.
40mmrain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 23:13   #13
AFsoccer
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Thanks for the input on the AAS layer. As many of you may have figured out, it's very strongly based on "Blackhawk Down"... and thus is a test for some new scenario-based layers to come in the future. Since it's based on Blackhawk Down, the objective for the US is to secure the crash sites and rescue the crew, then evacuate. But based on the feedback and monitoring of beta games, I've made some changes that will hopefully make the next update. It includes:

- more tickets for US
- delay spawns on a few technicals
- changing some ARF spawn point mechanisms
- and lastly making the flags un-recappable (the US only has to cap and not defend).

We'll see how this works and make more changes if necessary... but remember, this is more of a scenario and less of an AAS, so the US should try to keep the momentum up, rescue those crew members and get the heck out of Mogadishu!

Plus once the US gets a few more flags, they get some more support and heavy assets, just like in real life when the UN sent in APCs to extract the infantry.

Hopefully you'll see that once the update is released and everyone adapts to the scenario.

AFsoccer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 00:54   #14
{ZW}C-LOKE
Supporting Member

Am I the only one that notices that there are ambient sounds pulled from Battlefield 1942: Desert Combat mod on Ramiel?

I see what you did there... Bravo!

{ZW}C-LOKE is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 04:17   #15
{ZW}C-LOKE
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saamohod View Post
Why do African negros speak Arabic?
It's a placeholder... Unless you speak Afrikkaans, or Mogadishu'an, and additionally care to do some voice acting, it'll probably continue to use arabic until someone steps up with the voice acting skills necessary to replace it!

Old 2013-07-01, 04:32   #16
007.SirBond

I haven't played insurgency on this map yet, but on AAS, the US has lost every single game I've played so far. And by a large margin as well.

I think one of the contributing factors is that the ARF still get binoculars for almost all their classes while the US has limited classes with the binoculars.

Last edited by 007.SirBond; 2013-07-01 at 04:37..
Old 2013-07-01, 12:25   #17
Cavazos

Those sounds like good changes Soccer. I definitely like this scenario based map. It adds variety to PR. I hope it and others will be introduced and stay.
Cavazos is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 17:21   #18
AFsoccer
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

The modified set-up is live. Please let us know what you think (after playing a FEW rounds, of course).

AFsoccer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 17:24   #19
DigitalRicky
Supporting Member

So here's the big issue. The ARF obviously have a huge advantage, and with 100 players you're facing at least 35 soldiers alone defending the black hawk.

There needs to be a second capturable/defend area. Maybe the Black hawk at the top and on from the south so the US are attacking from two different areas making the fight more coordinated rather than a meatgrinding clusterfuck at BlackHawk area

Papi Rikee

ReviveBF2.com
DigitalRicky is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 18:28   #20
{ZW}C-LOKE
Supporting Member

Playing Ramiel insurgency, I noticed my first-person player's "roger" was actually a British "wilco" from first-person. No idea if a third-person team member would actually hear "Roger", but I definitely kept saying "wilco" for "roger". Confusing, considering I was a US Marine!!!!!!!!!!!

Might possibly want to check into the .con for the faction, or if this is something that is coded map/layer-specific (which I don't quite remember how the factions are coded), either way, you should look into this and check for consistency.

Tags
feedback, map, official, ramiel