project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
15 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-04, 03:01   #41
zombie-yellow

Default Re: [Map] Alert (2km) [WIP]

I could try to do a model for the CC-130... But don't count on me to transform it into a static in the game xD

Old 2012-12-04, 03:03   #42
[R-DEV]​CTRifle
PR:BF2 Developer

Send a message via MSN to CTRifle

haha I wish but its a HUGE project

Old 2012-12-04, 03:04   #43
zombie-yellow

Well... I've already modeled a Boeing 737-300 almost entirely. CC-130 shouldn't be MUCH more complicated... And the other problem too is that I don't know how to texture too lol ^^ I can just make a model :P

Old 2012-12-04, 04:23   #44
[R-CON]​sylent/shooter
PR:BF2 Contributor

AFAIK the air up there is to cold and thin to warrant helicopter transport viable. IIRC the only way in or out is by Hercules C-130's. That being said as far as land assets.

APC: Make sure to only used tracked APC's. Since alert is mostly ice based you wouldn't have tires.
LSV: I do not believe that they will have many things such as G-Wagons, if they do at all. I think this can be countered by APC's... Perhaps skin the m113 for canadian use as we still use that as a support vehicle.

Killing the enemy sylently
Old 2012-12-04, 04:32   #45
zombie-yellow

"From May to July, the camp typically hosts two or three CH-146 Griffons helicopters, a CC-138 Twin Otter, a CC-115 Buffalo and the CC-130 Hercules all of which deliver all personnel and supplies from down south"

They send helicopters, but only in summer. This comes from an official document. They also say that from May to June, the temperature range from -25 degrees to 0 degrees, and from July to August, temperature range from 0 degrees to 20 degrees with a full two weeks of mosquitoes during July (lol).

Link to the document : CFS Alert

EDIT : In fact, CC-130s have turboprop engines. So do the Griffons and all the helicopters in general. So if CC-130s work out there during winter, why not helicopters ?

Last edited by zombie-yellow; 2012-12-04 at 04:41..
Old 2012-12-04, 04:44   #46
[R-CON]​sylent/shooter

The engine isn't the problem. It's the size of the helicopters blades, with the air not being as thick and it being to cold it has trouble gaining lift.

Old 2012-12-04, 04:48   #47
zombie-yellow

Hmm... Yeah you're probably right on that. And in the document I linked, I've learned that CFS Alert has it's own quarry... Might be good for a CP

Old 2013-01-25, 05:05   #48
[R-DEV]​CTRifle

bumpy!

Updated first post with all my pics, a minimap, and such!

Also if a admin at some point when available please change the name to 4km as I upgraded

Old 2013-01-25, 07:23   #49
[R-CON]​sylent/shooter

Default Re: [Map] Alert (4km) [WIP]

Not sure if possible would need to look into it. But if you are comfortable making textures why not make a custom cloud texture that is the aura borealis and make that animate across the back sky... That might potentially work.... However are there reference pictures of alert? Because the things you have there seem a little.... Too... Permanent.... But maybe that's just me. I'm tired right now and ill take a look at this tomorrow when I've rejuvinated a bit...

Old 2013-01-25, 11:34   #50
[R-DEV]​CTRifle

Default Re: [Map] Alert (4km) [WIP]

Well for the location I cant keep it 100% accurate because then there would be nothing there.. so I made up the villages and oil rig

Closed Thread

Tags
2km, 4km, alert, concept, map, wip