project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2012-02-18, 14:50   #11
Tarranauha200

Default Re: [Concept] More Technicals

I dont agree with this. INS is turning more and more into semi-conventional faction with all this new gear given to it.
Tarranauha200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 15:32   #12
AK47 WARRIOR

I Have an idea why not ZPU2

Your the BMP 2 WARRIOR No one stands in your wat
AK47 WARRIOR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 15:39   #13
General Dragosh

Send a message via MSN to General Dragosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarranauha200 View Post
I dont agree with this. INS is turning more and more into semi-conventional faction with all this new gear given to it.
For me it's still a unconvencionall faction, what ever they add it will still stay the same =D

Newly ordered sig !
General Dragosh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 20:43   #14
SGT.Ice

Quote:
How? We haven't given them Tanks, APCs, IFVs, Choppers, Airplanes, Drones or updated weaponry yet.

I have never personally seen any conventional army issue some beer guzzling trigger happy rednecks truck with a gun slapped on the back to any unit. Have YOU?
SGT.Ice is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 22:18   #15
40mmrain
Supporting Member

The rocket techi would be a mobile, rapid fire, innaccurate artillery for the insurgents.

IT would be a nice addition, but it would have to be made clear to players that it's mobile arty, not a tank buster or something like the SPG
40mmrain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 02:16   #16
ShockUnitBlack

Mortar technical. 'Nuff said.

"I Want To Spend The Rest Of My Life With You Tonight."
ShockUnitBlack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 02:46   #17
Shovel
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockUnitBlack View Post
Mortar technical. 'Nuff said.
How about a Howitzer technical?

Shovel009
Shovel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 10:16   #18
Navo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamEEE View Post
Nope - typically I don't think it is done IRL. But figured it wouldn't be too hard to do.
During the Libyan conflict I have been visiting the thread about the conflict on mp.net daily. I am 100% sure I have seen that setup on a photo.
Navo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 13:06   #19
Eddie Baker
Banned

Quote:
Insurgents with external assistance/paramilitary training and a well-established infrastructure, pretty much are "semi-conventional." That's why they're considered a paramilitary force. There are quartermasters, supply lines, heavy infantry weapons, and sometimes even artillery. What makes them unconventional is their tactics, blending in to the local population and the fact that sometimes these heavy weapons and artillery are improvised. The IRA built its own mortars, in one case concealing one in a van with a hole cut in the roof.

Iraqi insurgents built a self-propelled MLR out of a goddamn dump-truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT.Ice View Post
I have never personally seen any conventional army issue some beer guzzling trigger happy rednecks truck with a gun slapped on the back to any unit. Have YOU?
No, but pretty close.

I say "close," not because these guys are Army SF, and not exactly conventional, but because BGTH rednecks don't usually prefer to buy Japanese, from my observation.
Eddie Baker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 15:03   #20
[R-COM]Hulabi
FDF Faction Lead
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT.Ice View Post
How? We haven't given them Tanks, APCs, IFVs, Choppers, Airplanes, Drones or updated weaponry yet.

Actually...

More of a supply convoy close air defence thingie and without the "beer guzzling trigger happy rednecks". But you get the point

I do, however support the idea of more techies and don't see how that would bring the INS faction closer to a conventional one?

Also, the Finnish faction will be modeling the ZU-23-2, but it's really not a high priority asset at the moment.

FDF Looking for Modellers, Mappers, Texture artists and Exporters!
#fdfpr @ QuakeNet or PM Hulabi
Hulabi is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
concept, rocket pod, technicals, zpu