project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
15 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2011-12-12, 16:32   #21
velocity

Send a message via MSN to velocity
Default Re: [Faction Concept] Indonesian National Armed Forces

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
dtacs why u a hater? Its only a wonder u werent dissing the FDF faction.

Unless you plan on contributing to this thread, leave it be.
I have to agree here with crocop. Dtacs I don't see you doing anything useful on these forums except demoralizing everyone else. Here we have someone willing to contribute, the absolute least you could do is show him some support.

OT: I say go for it, would be nice to see a mixture between western and eastern technologies in-game.

I have spent the last few years working as a graphics designer and i am rather familiar with photoshop, perhaps i could be of assistance.

velocity is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 23:37   #22
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity View Post
I have to agree here with crocop. Dtacs I don't see you doing anything useful on these forums except demoralizing everyone else. Here we have someone willing to contribute, the absolute least you could do is show him some support.
I'm telling him his time is better spent assisting another faction where the ball is already rolling. Am I wrong? WhoDaresWins is offering the following:
  • Zero experience in modding BF2, besides elementary mapping;
  • No other people who he confirmed as willing to contribute before he made the thread;
  • No models, pictures of maps, or anything besides a design plan.
If you were just starting out in modelling, would you want to help the FDF (for example), or this?
Last edited by dtacs; 2011-12-12 at 23:44..
Old 2011-12-13, 00:02   #23
BroCop

And why dont you contribute to the factions then?

BroCop is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 00:05   #24
Dev1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
Don't waste your time, there are other factions that need further development that are significantly more relevant to PR in its current state.
TBH, there are too many factions on the plan that are going to be quite terrible. Canada was a stretch TBH, but honestly, having NZDF, Australia, and even Brazil as a faction is a bit odd.

Factions need to be interesting to see in the game, not just a reskin of current PR weapons and vehicles.

It's excellent work, the work that people are putting into the mod. And it's great to have a fresh faction once in a while, but I think resources could be used elsewhere, like designing new statics, coding new things (like the amazing mosquil has done, or SISU), making improvements to maps, beta testing, etc.

Sure, it's not as "epic" as designing a new faction, but really, you'd be helping more by doing the jobs nobody else wants to do.

Dev1200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 00:40   #25
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
And why dont you contribute to the factions then?
With the spare time I have I like to play games, not make them.

Why don't you contribute to the factions? Its a fucking stupid question, a last resort for the people who ask it.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 00:57   #26
BroCop

Well you are the one talking about the glory of contribution, not me. Actually I am at least trying and so far I got the impression that you didnt even made the effort, no matter how small, to actually do something in the modding section other than harass people that made faction threads.

And no. Its not "a fucking stupid question". Its a legit question to the person thats preaching to other people despite not following his gospel.

EDIT: Actually to keep this thread clean of offtopicness, if you wish to continue the discussion then drop by an PM. If not....well life goes on

Last edited by BroCop; 2011-12-13 at 01:06..
Old 2011-12-13, 01:10   #27
dtacs
Supporting Member

I think he should help out other developing factions before making this one. You and others clearly think differently, that's fine though. But its clear that this faction is never going to be made, and fortunately so.

Tried mapping but didn't have the patience nor time to actually see something come out of it. Unfortunately my thread was deleted (was a 1km airborne landing of the US in mainland China)

If you want to whinge at me further, jump on Mumble, in the TF2 channel. Otherwise don't post again, we're taking this extremely valuable thread off-topic.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 15:27   #28
Shovel
Supporting Member

Keeping on topic, I think that dtacs is right, in a sense, because people should not post faction suggestions without the skills required to at least help. Unless anyone can seriously begin work on this faction, it is not worth discussing. People aren't hating on the other factions because they are getting work done, instead of asking other people to help.

Shovel009
Shovel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 18:56   #29
splatters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovel View Post
Keeping on topic, I think that dtacs is right, in a sense, because people should not post faction suggestions without the skills required to at least help. Unless anyone can seriously begin work on this faction, it is not worth discussing. People aren't hating on the other factions because they are getting work done, instead of asking other people to help.
This^ Though, not even many official community factions are getting sheet done.
splatters is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 10:52   #30
aryoseno12

i will be very happy if this faction will be released, is this faction will be made?
aryoseno12 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
armed, concept, faction, forces, indonesian, national