project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
18 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Closed Thread

Old 2018-03-09, 01:41   #1
DogACTUAL

Default Reopen debate and discussion (with one change)

While i understand why that section was closed, i liked most of the discussion that was happening there. I didn't post much myself but nevertheless i enjoyed reading it. It was interesting to see the take of community members on certain issues and to debate with them (in a respectful manner).

I think it is a shame that just because of some bad apples the forum has been closed for everyone.

Since the section was closed off because of a lack of moderators to enforce the rules i think there is a solution. Most of the rule breaking originated from a few select individuals.

My proposition: Ban the fedora wearing flamebaiters like Frontliner, etc. from that particular sub-forum and simply reopen it. They have shown time and time again that they do not care about respectful fruit bearing discussion (despite their claim to the contrary) and only want to publicly establish their perceived intellelectual superiority over others while provocating and inciting flamewars (they seem to get a fix/kick out of it).

I think that will largely fix the situation and will allow people that have an interest in respectful discussion to carry on in peace. I think a zero tolerance rule towards personal attacks and flaming/flamebaiting would also help fend off potential trouble down the line if you decide to open it again.
Old 2018-03-09, 02:04   #2
Rabbit

Default Re: Reopen debate and discussion (with one change)

Its better off closed.

Old 2018-03-09, 06:31   #3
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

This isn't a topic open for discussion.

Closed Thread

Tags
change, debate, discussion, reopen